Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

New Clutch Mod . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by Yume
cuz i don't need to pay to watch ****. There are other free sites for that.
All said and done, that's true. YOU can get just as much benefit w/o Premier membership. When you join, WE ALL benifit.

Originally Posted by Yume
Tell me Andy...how does me paying money actually help this site up and running.
Server space and bandwidth take money. It takes time, money and intellectual effort to keep a site like this up and running.

You don't need to be a Premier member, just send them a donation. Lots of sites ask for money to "keep it free" for the rest of us.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
Kou,

I am not going to mix words with you, here, inside of these NorCal walls. I will get to the point.

I am not quite sure what your point is. Are your comments directed specifically towards me?

First off, to make it crystal clear, with regard to my 'Makeshift Oil Catch Can' DIY . . . I was neither the discoverer nor the creator of the said, as you may have put it.

Secondly, I gave due credit to both Dennis (a.k.a. GEE PASTA) and Dave (a.k.a. DaveO) for their ideas and suggestions from previous posts.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/97390-makeshift-oil-catch-can.html

I felt that the above said mod would benefit many here on these 'Driver boards . . . And as such, I wanted to make sure that it was easily available/made for everyone. I had received numerous PM's from members far and wide to assemble and sell to them the said mod. There were actually 3 members of this very same board whom had made me this offer. However, I declined ALL request and simply asked people to follow the DIY instructions. My personal profit/reward, so to speak, was knowing that I was able to help the community.

Recently, while visiting the MY350Z boards, I found the D-Wolf Clutch Kit. I immediately came back to these 'Driver boards to advise members of such a kit. I personally had a need for such a fix and once again . . . I felt a need to share the news.

After getting the kit and installing it, I was quite pleased with the results. I felt a positive review was in order. Through the years, many members have shared the same complaint that I had with regard to the clutch pedal's long travel prior to the actual engagement of the clutch . . . And as such, I acted accordingly.

Now mind you, upon receiving my kit, an enclosed note asked buyers to please not share the details and/or pics of the said kit. I took no issue with the note and still don't. This kit works perfectly and the seller, because he chose to market his idea via a sponsor, should be able to do as such.

I was one of the first guinea pigs, if you will, to test this new mod. Did you think or expect that I would breach my integrity . . . Because, in my way of thinking, once I installed the mod, I was held to the promise of not divulging the information. Obviously, my personal standards are different than some and that does not make it either right nor wrong.

Someone was eventually going to post up the details of this kit. It wasn't going to be myself. Now's it's FREE and people can stop their BITCHING!

Finally . . . After all of this, some are eluding to the fact that I have performed a disservice to the 'Driver Community. To those of you whom believe I have done as such, I say . . . . "SCREW YOU!"
sorry about not making sense...i was just making a philosophical rant statement in an attempt to get my mind temporarily off some project i have to finish... it wasn't aimed at what you did, as i respect what you have done for the g35 community, it was more of what was asked of you to do by the D-Wolf entity....

in comparison and contrast, there's greddy, stillen, etc. oil catch cans out there but at ridiculous prices (designer, marketer, manufacturer, etc. all have to make money) but did they have clauses to limit you to not expose how they do what they do?

maybe the D-wolf entity is machining such out of their own shop or outsourced the work and want to make some money, and that's their privilege but there shouldn't be an imposition to limit others from doing such...

i give due credit to d-wolf for stepping up and doing such for the g's/z's but I don't think (IMHO) it's their call to hold them to the secrecy of the aftermarket part....

Another mod of similar degree which comes to mind is the ARC/richie stb bar... if someone made an cheaper alternative that did the same exact same thing as what the D-wolf mod did, it can't be wrong because D-wolf didn't disclose what it was exactly trying to do in specific technical details...

i've seen things of this nature at other forums (flashlight forum going by the name of Candlepowerforums) too and its interesting things are handled over their...

Old 07-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kou,

It's all good. Time to put this baby to bed.