Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

One day in San Francisco, what to do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks for everything guys!

If you have any more ideas of what kind of path or roadmap we could take let me know. What can I say, I'm an engineer and need a plan.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
OK we have reservations for 6:00. Since we are staying ~1.5 hours outside the city we can't eat too late.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 AM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
OK we have reservations for 6:00. Since we are staying ~1.5 hours outside the city we can't eat too late.
walk around the peir its fun at night. btw the view is to die for, ask to sit near the windows.

Last edited by Kris79; 07-17-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 AM
battle froggy
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I never said I go there often...

I just looked at the Franciscan's menu, and damn that prime rib sounds enticing. My fiancee is a crab fiend, so we'll definitely shoot out there this weekend.

hit me up i might be there. you need to get the sizzling crab, its crab in garlic and oil and some herb and it comes in a hot hothothot plate but it wont splatter on you cause they got this rack, kinda like a pizza rack so it sits int he middle.
and the prime rib is really good for being a crab house. your girl is just like linda a crab fiend and i hate it cause i got to crack it, and by the time i cracked enough for her my foods cold

Last edited by Kris79; 07-17-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kris79
hit me up i might be there. you need to get the sizzling crab, its crab in garlic and oil and some herb and it comes in a hot hothothot plate but it wont splatter on you cause they got this rack, kinda like a pizza rack so it sits int he middle.
and the prime rib is really good for being a crab house. your girl is just like linda a crab fiend and i hate it cause i got to crack it, and by the time i cracked enough for her my foods cold
We shoud go at the same time Tim does. Then the whole time he'll be weirded out as strangers are staring at him waiting for him to get on one knee!

JK.

BTW Kris, send me an email so I can respond with my address, as my PM box is overloaded.

Last edited by vodkarocket; 07-17-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 AM
battle froggy
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
We shoud go at the same time Tim does. Then the whole time he'll be weirded out as strangers are staring at him waiting for him to get on one knee!

JK.

BTW Kris, send me an email so I can respond with my address, as my PM box is overloaded.
hahah can we have the waiter send wierd stuff to like, we will send him 9 oysters and make the waiter say its from those 2 guys hahahaha and we will wink at him ahhahaha

lazy how bout you call me 6508927296, you live in sanbruno? you look like you live near my unlces house from some of your pix

Old 07-17-2007, 12:41 AM
Modded Member
hahah can we have the waiter send wierd stuff to like, we will send him 9 oysters and make the waiter say its from those 2 guys hahahaha and we will wink at him ahhahaha

lazy how bout you call me 6508927296, you live in sanbruno? you look like you live near my unlces house from some of your pix
I'll give you a ring tomorrow. Come by @ 3:30PM. Shane still hasn't responded, but if you can get a hold of him let him know I can do his coils...

Sorry for the threadjack Tim, but I think you got most of the useful info you're gonna get. I'm assuming that you'll spend at least one of your days venturing into the city with the in-laws, so you'll likely see all the landmarks and touristy stuff, in which case we can suggest some cool places to walk around and take in the San Francisco atmosphere.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:55 AM
check out franciscan then dress how ever you want and its in the pier too so if your doing sightseeing its perfect. its not the fancy style food but it is still very good. the garlic crab is great, i go ever week with the gf there. and the prime rib is crab combo ahhh..... i think imma go there tomorrow i want meat

http://www.franciscanrestaurant.com/
what? every week and yet you've never seen me work? btw, my i just had my stillen gen2 put on today and golden auto. some odd reason, it hangs lower than my stock exhaust... when i back into my garage, i hear a little scrape and then a jingle sound as if your shaking keys or something... should i take it back?

Your literally a 40 second walk away from the museum I work at. drop by and say hi, I'll have some museum tickets for you guys so you can visit the Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. If your interested, give me a call earlier and i can get some tickets that are 1/2 off at the Aquarium of the bay for you also. I think their pricing is like 14 bucks per person. so with my ticket, it'll cost only 7. =) anyway, pm me for my # when u get a chance.

i work form 5-12pm

Old 07-17-2007, 04:37 AM
congrats and gl

Old 07-17-2007, 04:45 AM
I highly suggest that you have dinner at Crustacean's (http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/.../homepage.html). Order the roast crab and garlic noodles! I promise that you and your girlfriend will not be disappointed.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:48 AM
I should add, the crab is highly addictive.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
House Of Prime Rib: http://houseofprimerib.ypguides.net/ - my ex loves this place
Peruvian, Mi Lindo Peru: http://www.yelp.com/biz/1DDbE3XJF6lFL_KpU6Pmww - the small one on Mission, not the classier, overpriced one - the food is better here
Brazilian barbecue, Espetus http://espetus.com/ - I've been hearing good and bad about this place lately, but they carve the food at your table off of large skewers, which is kinda cool
Italian/Brazilian, Mangarosa: http://www.mangarosasf.com/ - never been here, but I hear lots of good about the place

Avoid Pier 39. It's the ultimate tourist trap. There isn't much there worth seeing, trust me. You'll just be in tons of traffic.

Golden Gate Park is nice... lots of museums, California Academy of Sciences, the Japanese Tea Garden, the flower conservatory.
There's the Palace of Fine Arts, or you guys might like taking some bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge. I know the spot is a tourist attraction, but if you must go, rent some bike for a few, it's worth it. Twin Peaks is nice, but always busy.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:57 AM
well if that is the case remember to pack sweaters and jeans in the car, the temperature difference between SF and the rest of Nor Cal can be 30-40 degrees, no sence in having the GF complain she is cold in the city.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by negative
I highly suggest that you have dinner at Crustacean's (http://www.anfamily.com/Restaurants/.../homepage.html). Order the roast crab and garlic noodles! I promise that you and your girlfriend will not be disappointed.
I think Crustacean is one of the most over rated restaurants in the city. I've been there multiple times, and never left happy.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:08 AM
And if you get the chance, the view from Twin Peaks is worth checking out: http://www.sftravel.com/twinpeakssan...opictures.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One day in San Francisco, what to do?