Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Did anyone see me on 880N.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
I can't stand people who think the fast lane is for their slow cruising pleasure and people who pace the car next to them making a moving wall on the freeway.
that's california, err, USA for you...

You are not alone... i see it on I-5 on the work commute when i drive the g....

Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by negative
Too risky... you don't know who has guns nowadays. What I SHOULD'VE done was take is license plate # and report him to hwy patrol. He actually drove off the the fast lane into the non-lane and seriously tried to hit my car. All I can think about is choking this ****er.
+1, but hopefully that a-hole will get his in the end.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what the hell is wrong with east bay drivers, last night there was a accord driving the wrong dirrection on the freeway....

Old 07-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kris79
what the hell is wrong with east bay drivers, last night there was a accord driving the wrong dirrection on the freeway....
LOL

Old 07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
tlu
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kris79
never seen these type of things before

Old 07-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by namrock
I called once. All they ask is for License plate, location, type of vehicle, if it was smoking or bad idle. I don't know about being a snitch, more like a A$$hole. You mess with me $hit I bite back. Sometimes you just need to teach a person a lesson. I personally would only use it on dumba$$es who go around trying to race everyone, cause you know most of the time their cars won't pass smog so think twice before you go around trying to racing people on city streets. I Did it to this one corvette who though he was some badass. I was Riding my bike minding my own stuff. Dude pulls up and pruges on me to let me know he's squeezing reves and floors it at the light. Im like okay thats nice. Later on in the week same dude, but this time im in my G. Did the same cr&p. Im like WTF is wrong with this dude. So i called. There used to be a bilboard in hayward on mission that had report smog polluting cars. Heres a link from Ca Air Resources Board.
http://www.arb.ca.gov/html/brochure/50things.htm
I don't see a issues with reporting a 2006 to 2008 to be a issue. If your car is "smoking" shouldn't matter on the year. In all reality, people now adays are lazy to call in issues, assuming that someone else will take car of it. So im pretty sure theres not to many people who call or even know to report smoking vehicles. Honestly how many of us hear a car alarm go off and do nothing if its not your vehicle.

yeah.. pretty sure that makes you a snitch.

report only the most ridiculously ridiculous offenders, please. Honestly we dont need a KGB (CHP) dominated society where everyone rats on everyone who does the slightest thing wrong.. we all break the law, it's just a question of to what degree..

Old 07-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rocaveli
yeah.. pretty sure that makes you a snitch.

report only the most ridiculously ridiculous offenders, please. Honestly we dont need a KGB (CHP) dominated society where everyone rats on everyone who does the slightest thing wrong.. we all break the law, it's just a question of to what degree..
If that person was really puffin out hella smoke then yes i would be a snitch. But the fact that he wasn't. what would that be called? Its like if I told you that i seen someone outside keying your car knowing that that wasn't true, but you took your time ran out to check and wasted your time in doing so...... wouldn't I be a A$$hole? If it was me id be thinking this motherFer. snitch? Thats going too far I do agree we all break laws to a degree, some worse then others. But imagine if people took the time to call in and report drunk drivers, think of all the lives that can be saved.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:06 AM
so you're saying he didnt get into trouble cuz he wasnt belching out smoke in the first place.. so wouldnt that just be wasting the police's time, etc?

Old 07-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
First off the number is not CHP. Its air quality control. Only time that was or would be wasted would be that of the driver of the car, thats if the whole calling the number works. I can only assume that it works. As for the process i have no idea how they go about that. Maybe they send out a message to dmv to ask for a smog in order to register the car. Who knows. On the other had i don't think the people over at Air quality control would be that busy.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by namrock
First off the number is not CHP. Its air quality control. Only time that was or would be wasted would be that of the driver of the car, thats if the whole calling the number works. I can only assume that it works. As for the process i have no idea how they go about that. Maybe they send out a message to dmv to ask for a smog in order to register the car. Who knows. On the other had i don't think the people over at Air quality control would be that busy.
I think what people are saying is not to call the number on someone that is not polluting the air just for revenge purposes. That is abusing resources and wasting peoples time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.