Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

East Bay Mini Meets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Not true. Go to Korea Palace all you can eat on El Camino in Santa Clara and see what sh*tty chadol baki is like... (their kalbi is really good though... it's hard to find the cut around the bone in this area) The thinner the slice, the better the chadol baki. Yea, I know... I can be extremely picky... and if I'm looking for pork belly, I want black haired pork belly! (I've kinda been spoiled when it comes to korean bbq)

Put me down as a tentative, I'm down to give the place a try! I hope they have good banchan (side dishes) though... ok, at least better than decent...
dufo.... im going to set one up for southbay...but this is for the east bay folks that dont come out to SB or SF..... just wanted to see if I can drawer any new faces out!!! both place are good in there own way.... and im purtty pickie with KBBQ too....hahaha how you been anyways?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by 350.GT
dufo.... im going to set one up for southbay...but this is for the east bay folks that dont come out to SB or SF..... just wanted to see if I can drawer any new faces out!!! both place are good in there own way.... and im purtty pickie with KBBQ too....hahaha how you been anyways?
I've been good. That's fine about the bbq in Oakland... I'm out in that area a lot (Hills, Piedmont, Lake Merrit). If I have somewhere to go after, I'm down to roll out there... that's why the tentative.

As for Korean BBQ out here, I'm familiar with most of the best places over there towards El Camino, but most places seem to specialize in something. I went on a Korean bbq frenzy a few weeks ago trying out all the better Korean bbq places in the area that I've never been to before. I think the only one I haven't been to yet is Jang Su Jang because there's always a long waiting list.

Oh, and I was only talking about the kalbi and chadol baegi at Palace... I haven't even started tearing apart how horrible everything else is yet! (old meats that dry up on the grill, etc...) Hmm... maybe I should start Yelping the Korean bbqs in the area?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:50 PM
you should and then let me know im always down for new Korean bbq spots.... ive been on a japanese frenzy for the past month....hahaha

Old 03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
are you guys pretty much set on the 7:30 time or could it be a little earlier say 5:30 or 6pm?

Old 03-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dofu
I've been good. That's fine about the bbq in Oakland... I'm out in that area a lot (Hills, Piedmont, Lake Merrit). If I have somewhere to go after, I'm down to roll out there... that's why the tentative.

As for Korean BBQ out here, I'm familiar with most of the best places over there towards El Camino, but most places seem to specialize in something. I went on a Korean bbq frenzy a few weeks ago trying out all the better Korean bbq places in the area that I've never been to before. I think the only one I haven't been to yet is Jang Su Jang because there's always a long waiting list.

Oh, and I was only talking about the kalbi and chadol baegi at Palace... I haven't even started tearing apart how horrible everything else is yet! (old meats that dry up on the grill, etc...) Hmm... maybe I should start Yelping the Korean bbqs in the area?
Please dont.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Please dont.
Why not? The current Yelp reviews for most of the places suck.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People have different tastes, you might not like certain place but maybe next person will and vice versa. If they read your review and decided not to go to certain place base on your taste? they could miss the chance of finding what might end up to be their favorite place.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by limeg35
People have different tastes, you might not like certain place but maybe next person will and vice versa. If they read your review and decided not to go to certain place base on your taste? they could miss the chance of finding what might end up to be their favorite place.
True, but that's why they have so many people write reviews for different places. If you find a Yelper you agree with, then you can follow them around to places they rate as good or avoid what they think is bad. And plus, there are a few great hole in the walls that haven't been Yelped yet.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:16 PM
I think yelp is beneficial. Many consumers will go to restaurants that have good reviews-- plus helps us avoid those of less then favorable quality.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Too bad on the timing. That's a minute or two away from my office.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:20 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yelp sucks

Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 PM
I take Yelp reviews with a grain of salt.

What I am mainly looking from Yelp is just to avoid a place that is so horrible it gets 2-3 stars average.

Otherwise, I am fairly open to trying new places that get fair reviews and judge for myself.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 AM
bump...help loc and all who are meeting

Old 04-02-2009, 03:53 AM
hey guys my G is in the shop right now, do you guys think i can still drop by?

Old 04-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by kingkong8624
hey guys my G is in the shop right now, do you guys think i can still drop by?
OF COURSE you can come without the car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Bay Mini Meets