Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Citation Question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rwcblkcoupe
Chippie,
Rob here.. Your awesome thanks for your knowledge and input. One thing struck me. Before you mentioned that if you were driving in bad weather(rain or such) and you determend that the safe speed was say 50 mph. How do we as the driving public know what you have descided? One would hope that you would stop just those who were far above the safe limit. Chippie, have you ever stopped people for driving too slow or not yeilding to faster traffic. I see so many people drive as if they own the lane and "im not moving" if people drove like this is Europe they would be run off the road into a ditch!
Comments?
Thanks again
Rob,
Do you feel safe driving 65 on a wet rainy freeway? If you have seen what i've seen the answer would be, no. The best advice I can give is don't pass the POlice in the rain. If I'm driving 50 in the rain, that's probably what I've decided is the safe speed. Two winters ago, it was snowing on 101 by Tully. I had traffic down to 35. The ice was piled up between the lanes. Yes I have stopped people for driving too slow, but....if someone is driving 65 in the fast lane, it may be rude, but it is totally legal. Remember the maximum speed limit is 65. But if they are doing 55 and holding up traffic, ticket time.

22400. (a) No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow
speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of
traffic unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation,
because of a grade, or in compliance with law.
No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway
so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of
traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in
compliance with law.