Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

An Open Letter to V35 Skyline GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
An Open Letter to V35 Skyline GT

Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Yup...I nor my wife making this one Rol and perhaps never again sad to say.

The truth be known NorCal G and this first time I've mentioned it publicly and will be the last.

Don't really feel like getting stared down hard and/or mugged out many times like last time from a certain member. Wife thought that was BS too and WTF was up with that guy. That member not signed up, but could later being living near-by to this. I took those glares as some kind of threat and now refers to me as his homie last response to me on driver Nice way to CYA it publicly or try, well my turn (not that I really care about my creditability with NorCal G members and what you all think of me and who I am as and individual, I am who I am, take it or leave it)

I will not hang with a group with the possibility of that individual being present. Sorry but that's BLATANT BS what happened. He loves that word blatant btw, sets him off and apologizes to another member but not to the member that was randomly disrespectfully verbally attacked on a thread here while I was expressing my opinion of what was thought to be 'blatant' harassment on a meet occurrence long ago

Funny at last Fremont dinner meet, a newbie asked who the F is so-in-so on driver and did I know that member and is here? What a *censored* that member is. Lol...yup, that person's here and that's just the way he is unfortunately behind his keyboard. Where? Behind you over at such-in-such table, but don't turn around b/c he's mugging me out right now...again...WTF

Not looking for attention nor compassion nor concern, only to get this unknown truth off my shoulders publicly in this community and where it happened last time. Probably no great loss anyway that I or my wife will no longer attend these types of meets, being you're all on his 'A' list and he's on yours. Whatever and how fortunate for you all. Enjoy his company and his basement

So have a good time everyone and enjoy

(permanently steps off soap box about this issue, now more truth be known with my and by my wifes eyes as witness)
I started a new thread to address this issue because I didn’t want to screw up Rol’s Cattleman’s thread.

Let me start by saying I’m fairly certain you are speaking about me in your post. I base this on your mention of my “basement” and the “blatant” comments. I’m also assuming you are talking about the last time Rolando set up a meet at Black Angus. If my assumptions are wrong, than please disregard what I am about to type.

First off, I don’t even know who you are personally. I know your screen name, but I do not know your face. I assure you I was not mean mugging anyone at the last Black Angus meet (or any meet for that matter) and I most definitely was not trying to “threaten” anyone. I apologize if this was your perception as it was not my intention. I don’t have a beef with anyone on this forum, not anyone in the NorCal section and definitely not you. I may have had a disagreement with you in a thread and I may have been less than tactful in my response but I did not take anything personally and I do not hold grudges.

I’m not sure why you are just now addressing this perceived “threat” and why you haven’t said anything sooner. You could have PM’ed me after the BA meet and this would have been squashed on the spot. If not me, you could have talked to Rolando and I’m sure this would have been straightened out a long time ago. It sounds like this is something that has been bothering you for some time and if that’s the case, again I apologize. Please believe me when I say I have no ill feelings towards anyone that was at that dinner. Hell, I didn’t know half the people that were there. I don’t make it a habit to “stare down” strangers.

Your comments about a newbie bad mouthing me are probably well deserved as I have been known to be pretty hard on newbs.

I don’t remember calling you “homie” in a post, but that is a term I use often and it’s just a figure of speech. I was not trying to cover my a$$ as you seem to think and I don’t really care about what people think about me publicly. If that was the case I’d probably be much nicer on the forum and not the Cru persona people have loved and hated over the years.

I’m sorry if you feel like you can’t attend NorCal functions because of some perceived static between us. If there were any hard feelings on my end I assure you, I would have dealt with them long ago and not by making threats or giving dirty looks. Rather, I would have PM’ed you and hashed it out. If that didn’t work I would have just ignored you. Believe me, I have enough crap to worry about these last few months than to stress over some stupid forum conversation from who knows how long ago.

Feel free to respond here or PM me. Also, I promise I will not be at the Cattleman’s meet as I will be working that night in Redwood City so feel free to attend without worrying about my presence.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I was at the dinner sitting next to your wife John???? Did I completely miss what was going on I know both you guys and I would have never thought that there was an issue within our Norcal group.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-11-2008, 03:19 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no drama please.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Wow Cru, that was so well written and polite.

I only see the smart @ss/funny side we all have come to know and love.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW. That was probably the most mature response to a percieved slight (that began on the internet no less) that I have ever seen.

These stupid little things have the tendency to get ugly quick especially when someones ego or reputation is threatened.

Most likely there was some misunderstanding on both sides so props if you guys can work it out like adults with minimal drama.. drama drags a scene down, avoid it!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by RobertV
WOW. That was probably the most mature response to a perceived slight (that began on the internet no less) that I have ever seen.

These stupid little things have the tendency to get ugly quick especially when someones ego or reputation is threatened.

Most likely there was some misunderstanding on both sides so props if you guys can work it out like adults with minimal drama.. drama drags a scene down, avoid it!
^^^

Well said.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
^^^Ahhahaaaa

Never heard that one before.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
What a great response. Hope you guys can work this out.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Geez . . . I have always enjoyed the company of both of you two. To know you both is to know that you are both good and decent people.

I truly trust that the both of you can come to some sort of common grounds and meeting of the minds. I carefully measure my words, here . . . Due to the simple fact that I respect the both of you.

Hopefully, this issue will be resolved privately.