Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Wake up call to all California HKS exhaust owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Paradox
Any updates from that douche from Fremont? I seriously dislike people that think they are god when it comes to this. I've meet doctors, lawyers, engineers that are considered masters of their field/industry 40+ years that are still open minded to learning new things. I'd tell him his 15 years was a waste and that he should go back to school and learn to read and comprehend.

Reading from the beginning, I could already tell that the odds are stacked against that tard in Fremont. But good argument I hope that lunatic learned a thing or two from this experience.

Again special things to G35 Chippie and to the G35 community, I believe we have all learned from Ken's argument.
Look at page 4 and page 5. G35 CHIPPIE becomes the primary pursuit of the thread now.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Good stuff... Some battles are worth fighting for and glad to hear you were persistent and finally won. Can only hope that supervisor learned something by this and after a little chat from his superiors.

Only G's I can think of being possibly different with # of cats would be the VQ35HR and/or G37 never seen under those. He could have been back pedaling too, not admitting full fault of his past ignorance and/or lack of knowledge. But did bring up an interesting possible point about that. Shop manual dia on those G's would disclose that fact true or if BS.

Yes can't go get pre-certif or tested on catback exhausts with State. Must get citation first. I know, I asked after I was pulled over for exhaust, checked under hood, etc and not given citation but a strong warning about mine (long story). Too bad can't do that. It would be one less worry on my shoulders while driving to be pre-certif with State on exhaust. Oh well.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ken,

I gave my contact from BAR all the info you gave me. He is sending someone over to have a word with that referee and the manager as to what their problem is. He again stated no EO#'s are required for a cat-back system and he intends to drive that point home. He is going to make sure they have correct info on G35 exhaust systems and how many cats there are on a G35. As well as address his demeanor with clients. He will call me back Mon. or Tues. with the results.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Wow good job g35 chippie, glad this is being followed up.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^ Agree...thanks Chippie. It'll make Fremont station not such a royal pain for any future G owners that must be certif around that.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:15 PM
G35 chrippie tell him that he didn't pass me either. And I had to go to alameda and pay another 38.25 to get mine passed.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:19 PM
^^^ Thank you, G35 CHIPPIE. It's good to know that someone with more power steps in and help the good side. Definitely let us all know.

"With great power, comes great responsbility" Haha, I guess Spiderman is not too gey after all.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:57 PM
WOOOHOO.. So yeah I passed mine too this morning. My tech guy is hecka cool. When I got there, first thing he told me, okay what will do first is your sound test. I thought this guy knows what he's talking about. Then I told him about this Fremont thing and he knew what was going on. He got an email with pictures of 350Z catalytic converters and take a look at that double checking that there are no 4 CATs for the G35.

Anyway, the tech guy likes Rachel's car. He did all the test and I passed with flying colors.

Can't wait for the results with that fremont guy.

niM

Old 07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
wow good read. thumbs up for g35 chippie!

Old 07-20-2008, 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by nimdivino
WOOOHOO.. So yeah I passed mine too this morning. My tech guy is hecka cool. When I got there, first thing he told me, okay what will do first is your sound test. I thought this guy knows what he's talking about. Then I told him about this Fremont thing and he knew what was going on. He got an email with pictures of 350Z catalytic converters and take a look at that double checking that there are no 4 CATs for the G35.

Anyway, the tech guy likes Rachel's car. He did all the test and I passed with flying colors.

Can't wait for the results with that fremont guy.

niM
Good to hear that you have no trouble going through this. What do you mean when you say "he knew what's going on."

Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by kenempireex
Good to hear that you have no trouble going through this. What do you mean when you say "he knew what's going on."
When I told the story about your experience at the fremont facility, he was like "oh yeah that".

niM

Old 07-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by nimdivino
When I told the story about your experience at the fremont facility, he was like "oh yeah that".

niM
Haha. OH well, I am waiting to hear G35 chippie's visit.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:41 PM
update, G35 chippie?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No word yet. He's a pretty busy guy. Anyhow, I was out of touch today. Spent most of my day working on a possible fatal collision. Nasty, nasty grinder.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
No word yet. He's a pretty busy guy. Anyhow, I was out of touch today. Spent most of my day working on a possible fatal collision. Nasty, nasty grinder.

Update?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wake up call to all California HKS exhaust owner