Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Got ticketed at HIN. Fvck!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 04:14 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by RawFusion
How can someone fail at reading one sentence?

I'm jumping in just because I don't like the insulting tone in the way that post was written.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, there couldn't be anything lower citation wise than clear corners, smoked tail lights, and aftermarket intake. This is the reason you should keep all your OEM parts. The tail lights might take more effort but that's what you go through when you mod a car.

Sign it off and/or pay a fine. Easy process.
Thanks Rudy. The intake was a swap with someone else, so I am missing one piece of a stock intake setup otherwise I'd be taking care of it right now.

As far as getting ticketed being an easy process, I'm sure that it is, but for a newbie to it, it's still uncomfortable and "scary"

Old 09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by ICANHASFRANKIE
Read your own quote again. And NO, you are GREAT!
SHANE?!??!?!??!

Old 09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by calcul8
Thanks Rudy. The intake was a swap with someone else, so I am missing one piece of a stock intake setup otherwise I'd be taking care of it right now.

As far as getting ticketed being an easy process, I'm sure that it is, but for a newbie to it, it's still uncomfortable and "scary"
I might have what you need for the stock intake Nate. PM me what you need. I can loan it to you till you this worked out.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by G35papa
I might have what you need for the stock intake Nate. PM me what you need. I can loan it to you till you this worked out.
PM sent, thank you Chris!

Old 09-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Does anyone know if say I find a CHP to clear my fix it ticket, will he look for other violations? Reason I asked is I got front license plate and amber corner citation and I'm fixing those. Im just wondering if the CHP will cite me for tint if they see it. I can roll down the window, but if anyone has experience, it will be appreciated.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been happening a lot at the import shows around. That's one of the main reasons why I don't go the shows. Sorry to see the cops hassling people, but we all know the risks when we modify our cars.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Seems Like the HIN Shows get hit harder...Maybe it is the scene itself...Sorry man to hear your woes..

Old 09-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by tbg35c
Sorry to hear that, man. However, add me to the list of many who got ticketed on HIN. I got lucky on the way in because cops were busy with 2 other Hondas. One of the them looked at me for awhile but he let me go in.

Going out was another story... I knew they will be out there, so I went out right around 10:30 with bunch of cars coming out.. Sure enough, there were 5 of them with motorcycle waiting directly on the opposite street of where we were coming out. One of them zoomed right behind me after I made the turn and stopped me. There was another white G35 which also got pulled over right behind me. Cop told me that I got pulled over because of the clear corner, but off course he noticed that I dont have front license plate and my dark tint as well. He told me that I also dont have reflector on my rear bumper because I had a modded bumper (Kenstyle). Guy behind me had clear corner too and both cops start comparing the car (rear taillight, LEDs, etc). Finally he realized that our rear reflector was embedded in the taillights itself, so my KS was good. Gave me the ticket and let me off. I hope the guys behind me got out with minor stuff since he looks pretty clean and stock. Are you here?

I hope everyone else got out safely. No more taking the Gs for HIN/ other car show events...
Sorry to hear that Matt, I remembered I asked you if you had trouble with POPO on the way in when I saw you, cus Wes and John whom came down from Sac had trouble with POPO on their way in earlier, but when I left around 7:40~ish? I didnt see single Cop out there.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i left at 8:05pm.. not a single cop out there.. but mine is stock so why do i care :\ .. cept for the no front plate BS ~_~

Old 09-22-2008, 01:27 AM
Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Good to have you back, Shane! I guess the cops pick their time during opening and closing time. They might have taken a break around 7-9pm and got back full force at a little after nine. One of my 350z friends said that there were 5 Zs rolling and the cop pulled the last one and he got lots of citations. At least mine is not too bad since they were all fixable and I dont have to go to state refs.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh crap dude, i just read this whole thread, this sucks something major...

Old 09-23-2008, 12:52 AM
sucks that state ref is temp closed due to budget. best bet is to take a pic of your engine bay if that is the only mod, go to court show the judge the info and let him know that state ref is closed. dont see any other way around it.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 PM
i think i saw you get pulled when i was leaving. sorry to hear about how much of a douche the cop was. i definitely saw an *** load of ****ty fartcans in that parking lot that shoulda been pulled over.

just get that EO sticker for your intake, take it to traffic court and explain to the judge. good luck.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey Nate,
Sorry for all your troubles man. What's hard is that smog referees are closed so I HAVE NO CLUE how you going to fix your smog-ref ticket.

But here's what I'll do. (remember I did all this BS couple months ago)

Anyway, take all that crap out of your car (overlays etc), painted rear lights, etc. Get that all fixed-up. Since the officer didn't check "no" for correctable, you should be able to have a police officer sign-off the 26101 VC.

Now the 27156(c) is pretty serious hence why you have the state-ref sticker. Couple months back, here's what you would do. Call the state-ref and get an appointment. Since you have no other mods, slap on your CARB sticker for the intake and smog your car at the state-ref center. BUT NOW, they're all closed down. So what I would do is go to the court, any court and ASK the clerk what you need to do. THEN call DMV and ask what can you do, and MAYBE call a police station preferrably the Pleasanton Police Station and ask them also what the heck you're going to do.

Now this is what you need to do at the court on your court date (damn I can't read the date).

If you got the 26101 VC signed off by a police officer, that's an automatic drop and the clerk will just waive that off. BUT the 27156 VC, only the JUDGE can drop-that. So you'll either have to schedule another court date, OR make a same day arraignment (meaning you see the judge that day). This depends on the court, atleast in San Mateo they have same day arraignment that starts at 9 am. You basically show the judge that you've smogged your car and that your car is compliant and she will drop the charges and you pay $10.

Its really not a big of a deal, its just time consuming. Now, it sucks because smog-refs are closed-down. But there has to be a way you know what I mean.

For the meantime, TAKE ALL THAT CRAP OUT OF YOUR CAR. Make it all look as stock as possible. Basically remove everything that will give cops reason to pull-you-over. Then I think its safe to say you can drive the car under the "radar" even if you still have the state-ref-sticker. Worst case scenario if you get pulled-over, just tell the officer, well you are trying to get some answers and this car is only your means of transportation.

Hope this helps.

niM

Old 09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Nim,

Thank you very much for your input here. It is much appreciated! All that remains now is for me to find some 05-06 sedan taillights to swap with or borrow for a week or so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got ticketed at HIN. Fvck!