Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Got ticketed at HIN. Fvck!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
aint that a biznitch.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
wow, that's craaazy. Its soo retarded how cops care about the clear corners and **** in CA its like you can't have **** there i always wanted to move to CA because the awesome weather, but makes me think twice about it. I can't deal with not having aftermarket exhausts and clear corners and get bothered about it.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calcul8
Thanks man... I know exactly what you mean. I was standing there while countless rice rockets and fugly "bling-mobiles" (think a buick or caddy sedan or whatnot with 24"+ wheels bouncing around, fully-tinted, blaring music) went on by unmolested.
Heh, if it makes you feel any better, I actually got a ticket for no front plate. In MN they can get you for that. Ironically enough they picked on me 5 times for it, yet they dont mess with anyone with bimmers or older ppl with the Gs who also dont have front plates. Mine just happened to be the same dick over and over, thankfully he didnt get me for having a loud exhaust. Pretty sure I'm breaking that one before I get over 4k

Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by nimdivino
Hey Nate,
Sorry for all your troubles man. What's hard is that smog referees are closed so I HAVE NO CLUE how you going to fix your smog-ref ticket.

But here's what I'll do. (remember I did all this BS couple months ago)

Anyway, take all that crap out of your car (overlays etc), painted rear lights, etc. Get that all fixed-up. Since the officer didn't check "no" for correctable, you should be able to have a police officer sign-off the 26101 VC.

Now the 27156(c) is pretty serious hence why you have the state-ref sticker. Couple months back, here's what you would do. Call the state-ref and get an appointment. Since you have no other mods, slap on your CARB sticker for the intake and smog your car at the state-ref center. BUT NOW, they're all closed down. So what I would do is go to the court, any court and ASK the clerk what you need to do. THEN call DMV and ask what can you do, and MAYBE call a police station preferrably the Pleasanton Police Station and ask them also what the heck you're going to do.

Now this is what you need to do at the court on your court date (damn I can't read the date).

If you got the 26101 VC signed off by a police officer, that's an automatic drop and the clerk will just waive that off. BUT the 27156 VC, only the JUDGE can drop-that. So you'll either have to schedule another court date, OR make a same day arraignment (meaning you see the judge that day). This depends on the court, atleast in San Mateo they have same day arraignment that starts at 9 am. You basically show the judge that you've smogged your car and that your car is compliant and she will drop the charges and you pay $10.

Its really not a big of a deal, its just time consuming. Now, it sucks because smog-refs are closed-down. But there has to be a way you know what I mean.

For the meantime, TAKE ALL THAT CRAP OUT OF YOUR CAR. Make it all look as stock as possible. Basically remove everything that will give cops reason to pull-you-over. Then I think its safe to say you can drive the car under the "radar" even if you still have the state-ref-sticker. Worst case scenario if you get pulled-over, just tell the officer, well you are trying to get some answers and this car is only your means of transportation.

Hope this helps.

niM

I sent Calcul8 a PM regarding what he needs to do. Nate, if you wanna post it, go ahead. Basically 26101 is not a "fix-it-ticket." It is not correctable. Yes you do have to return lighting to original equipment, but the fine is not $10. In Santa Clara County, a 26101 ticket is well over $100. As far as the 27156(c), I told him that the officer cited the wrong sub-section. Oops! Yes, the state ref is closed until the budget is figured out. Our (CHP) instructions are to tell people they will need to go to court and ask for a continuation until the ref is back in full swing.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:13 AM
if u dont mind can u post it,.. id like to know the procedure too and keep us updated.. hopefully everything will go well for you.. sorry for all the trouble bro..

Old 09-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
I sent Calcul8 a PM regarding what he needs to do. Nate, if you wanna post it, go ahead. Basically 26101 is not a "fix-it-ticket." It is not correctable. Yes you do have to return lighting to original equipment, but the fine is not $10. In Santa Clara County, a 26101 ticket is well over $100. As far as the 27156(c), I told him that the officer cited the wrong sub-section. Oops! Yes, the state ref is closed until the budget is figured out. Our (CHP) instructions are to tell people they will need to go to court and ask for a continuation until the ref is back in full swing.
Ah great. That's good to know. Thanks..I thought everything lighting are just fix-it-tickets..

GOod luck again Nate and yes please do share your experience because I'm sure a lot of people here are interested.

niM

Old 09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I was lucky when I got a fix it ticket for my overlays I guess but he did warn me that if he saw them back on then it would be a non correctable ticket

Old 11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Update:

So I called the Traffic Court multiple times before I received the mailed notice in order to get an understanding of the process to fight the ticket. I was told that I could pay online, via the phone or by mail, and after I paid I would need to call them up to request the trial by written declaration.

Well, I paid online yesterday, called them up and lo-and-behold, I've been screwed again! Apparently the previous people I'd spoken to at the courthouse had either lied to me, or had misinformed me. If I wanted to request the trial by declaration, I was supposed to have mailed a check ONLY and included some statement with the check requesting the trial.

Now, since I paid online, the case is considered "closed" by court and they are unable to reopen it, even though it's their fault for lying/misleading/accidentally misinforming me. So here I am, out $503. My only recourse is to go to court before the judge/commissioner and plead my case to have a trial and see if they reopen it. The only halfway decent thing going for me is that I have ~180 days/6 months to go to the court to deal with it.

Let this be a warning to everyone - if you want a trial by written declaration, do NOT pay the bill online or you will be screwed. Send it in the mail with a check.

Last edited by calcul8; 11-05-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow... ****... damn... fvckers...

Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Another proven fact to how screwed up the system really is against citizens who only want to go through the process while exercising their legal rights correctly and independently. Person on phone was either dumb as a rock or maybe not as dumb as we may think...trained that way...get what I mean

Nate...did you have any luck with getting a CARB sticker on that Weapon R?