Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Got ticketed at HIN. Fvck!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:58 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Angry Got ticketed at HIN. Fvck!

Awesome, I just got ticketed at HIN! To add insult to injury, Kris' buddy who I paypal'ed my HIN registration money to apparently forgot to add my name to the registered entrants list, so after I got ticketed, I wasn't allowed to enter without paying for another ticket.

Hoo-fvcking-ray! So now I'm out untold hours and $$$ for the citations, $41.50 for registering for HIN and $8 for parking. Absolutely fan-freakin'-tastic...

I've never been ticketed before so I have no idea what the procedure for this kind of stuff is, especially since it's not in San Francisco. Everybody's experience and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by calcul8; 09-21-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:59 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Chippie - got a few questions for you if you don't mind. Based on the ticket (below), what exactly do I need to do? It says that I need to appear before court, however the citations are not marked as correctable or not-correctable. Also, the date to appear is not clear. Lastly, how does the supposed "Smog Violation" affect me especially since the item in question (my intake) is CARB legal as far as I am aware (I just need to find the sticker and put it on)? Thanks in advance for your time!

Last edited by calcul8; 09-20-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:14 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Dang man, sorry that happened. So what exactly did they get you for:

1. What is VC Light black??
2. Overlays
3. Cleared out turn signals in your headlights

And what was your smog violation?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark

2. Overlays

The first violation is for painting my brake lights. The citation reads like this:

26101 VC:

* Light black paint on rear lights
* No amber reflectors on front lights (by that he means by clear corners, not my headlights)

The supposed smog violation is for my intake - which they have every right to do, since I don't have the EO sticker on it. I contacted the manufacturer today and am waiting for a response so I can get the sticker and put it on.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark

2. Overlays

Wow sorry to hear and to think of the modified VQ's at the show..

Old 09-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hahahaha that is fawking BULLL ****

I'm sorry but that guy is honestly officer a$$hat

Old 09-20-2008, 10:21 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
Thanks man... I know exactly what you mean. I was standing there while countless rice rockets and fugly "bling-mobiles" (think a buick or caddy sedan or whatnot with 24"+ wheels bouncing around, fully-tinted, blaring music) went on by unmolested.

Last edited by calcul8; 09-20-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:26 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
Yeah with all the other guys running non street legal stuff on their rides can't believe they would pick on you.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Remind me not to move where you live. That sucks.

Sorry to hear man.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 26101 CVC violation is no biggie.. fix the lights or find someone willing to sign it off.

The 27156 (c) CVC could be bad. Did he put a sticker on the back of the ticket near the sign off area that says you have to go to the state ref.? That violation usually means you'll no longer be able to drive that vehicle until you've had the state ref verify your parts and give you the ok. You then go to court and pay all the fines.

The court notice is standard, you'll get a notice in the mail in a couple weeks with what you need to do. Basically for a standard ticket the options are pay it, argue in court, or correct it/driving school by the date listed (generally 60 days). The 27156 changes things a bit though.

Let me know and i'll try to help you more.

J~

Last edited by SJGiant; 09-20-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:38 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by SJGiant
The 26101 CVC violation is no biggie.. fix the lights or find someone willing to sign it off.

The 27156 (c) CVC could be bad. Did he put a sticker on the back of the ticket near the sign off area that says you have to go to the state ref.? That violation usually means you'll no longer be able to drive that vehicle until you've had the state ref verify your parts and give you the ok. You then go to court and pay all the fines.

The court notice is standard, you'll get a notice in the mail in a couple weeks with what you need to do. Basically for a standard ticket the options are pay it, argue in court, or correct it/driving school by the date listed (generally 60 days). The 27156 changes things a bit though.

Let me know and i'll try to help you more.

J~
Thanks for the input J. It does have a sticker on the back of the citation. However, the intake is CARB legal, I just need to find the sticker and apply it, or get a replacement one from the manufacturer. How does that affect my situation?

Thanks!

- Nathan

Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 PM
It won't change anything now that you've gotten the ticket. Officers and even the judge can't dimiss/sign off the ticket. You have to get the state referee to check out the vehicle, verify the CARB, apply your sticker and apply a separate sticker on the vehicle itself stating that it is all legal. You'll then take all the paper work he gives you to court and pay all the fees. Make your appointment with the Ref. ASAP. There is usually a waiting list as there are only two in all of California, one north and one south.

I think he charges you something like $50 and then court fees will probably be a couple hundred. I believe someone told me its around $410 once you're all done with the process.

If the officer didn't tell you, your vehicle is deemed ILLEGAL for the streets. If you get caught again before seeing the state ref, they can impound the vehicle and add an additional charge. Even with yours being legal, it'll be up to the next officer to take the car or not.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble bud,

J~

Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
sorry to hear, officer jones is one nice asshat

you should be receiving a courtesy notice within a few weeks but you need to go the state referral like others said. replace all the parts with stock parts and get the sticker and the additional required proof for the intake and show up at the state ref.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Damn nate as i paid the entrance i saw u on the side. Sorry to hear man

Old 09-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I got the black rear light ticket not to long ago but it was deemed correctable.

Did they get you as you left the show or as you got there....I am guessing it wasn't while you were actually at the show itself?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got ticketed at HIN. Fvck!