Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

got pulled over.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy got pulled over.

just wanted to vent....

i was driving down near my house in Fremont. i make a left onto Washington Blvd from Paseo Padre and i see this Dodge Charger cop (these cars look mean as hell) anyways, i make a left and immediately he starts following me.. im like great.. (ive got the windows down cuz im listening to music and then..... i see ...flashing lights..oh great... i pull over, cops walk up next to me (there are 2 of them btw)

cop: you know why i pulled you over?
me: not sure..
cop: you have clear corners. no front license plate... hey do me a favor.. roll up your windows
me: (thinking ohh ****, great)
cop: ya thats wat i thought...can you pop your hood, are you turbo'd??
me: nope, and ok no problem

(btw my car is twice as flashy now that i have a CF hood and trunk, it prob added to the reason why he pulled me over)

cop: you have papers for that intake?
me: no, but ive got the CARB sticker in the trunk
cop: ok good, also whats with the exhaust, you have papers for that?
me: no but its HKS, under 95 decdibals, which i believe is legal..
cop: ok no problem, i am gnna ticket you for the windown, but the sidemarkers and front plate you should put on
me: ok thanks officer.
cop: btw, very nice car
me: =D

(through all this i was thinking, i want to go TT eventually but i doubt ill be doing that now, prob just see how much power i can get out of an n/a motor, considering the crackdown that fremont cops are doing, i just dont want to risk it)

story over, it just sux that i got a window tint ticket, though Fremont cops are **** about this stuff so i do understand. there lightly tinted nothing dark. ive got 35 all around

well thanks for reading.... and now im done venting

Old 10-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
whew at least you got away with just tints. i have always wondered if they can force you to roll up your windows. maybe a nice hidden window motor cut switch would be nice. sorry officer my window motors are broken see?? :P

Old 10-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Sucks... He would got me for the same things... I got all those areas taken care of though so they would be written off...

Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
prolly if u go TT u should go low profile? like no tint, no CF stuffs.. i think.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTH! you cant have clear corners? guess I learn something new everyday.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:00 PM
You can, just need to have amber bulb.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
That was cool he let you slide on markers, plate and took your truthful word on HKS.

Yup...they're all over looking for that stuff, not just Fremont area.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
That was cool of the cop to write you up for just one infraction.

Shane I think a few cars at the last HIN got ticketed for the clear corners so I am not sure if just amber light bulbs would be ok either.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Nope amber is fine, as long as the clear corner lens have reflecting coating on it... the sports pkg on the 3 series changed from amber lens to clear ones.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Well that's nice to know but I like to keep mine stock looking

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
well i got a funny story for you guys about fremont police
i was at Chipotle with my cousin.
2 cops in different cars came to eat.
They went out of Chipotle and so did we.

All you hear is BOOm
One cop backed up into a tahoe, but the Tahoe had a tow hook so no damage but the Police cars bumber got f&%^&.
And the other cop went into drive but there was those cement block things and u hear a scraaaape.

Haha it was funny
i wish i video taped it

Old 10-27-2008, 06:34 PM
^ hahaha I can totally picture it

Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by urban
That was cool of the cop to write you up for just one infraction.
+1 . . . That much have been a welcomed break.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
well technically, the corners aren't your turn signals so why cant they be clear? law says turn signals can be red/amber

Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by nghiars
well technically, the corners aren't your turn signals so why cant they be clear? law says turn signals can be red/amber
I always thought the bulb just needs to be amber. But...

25102. In addition to the lamps otherwise permitted by this chapter, any motor vehicle may be equipped with lamps on the sides thereof, visible from the side of the vehicle but not from the front or rear thereof, which lamps, together with mountings or receptacles, shall be set into depressions or recesses in the body of the vehicle and shall not protrude beyond or outside the body of the vehicle. The light source in each of the lamps shall not exceed two candlepower and shall emit diffused light of any color, except that the color red is permitted only on authorized emergency vehicles.
Here's the basics on side markers/ bumper lights...

25100. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (d), every vehicle 80 inches or more in overall width shall be equipped during darkness as follows:

(1) At least one amber clearance lamp on each side mounted on a forward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the front and at least one red clearance lamp at each side mounted on a rearward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the rear.

(2) At least one amber side-marker lamp on each side near the front and at least one red side-marker lamp on each side near the rear.

25106. (a) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with lighted white or amber cowl or fender lamps on the front. Any vehicle may be equipped with not more than one amber side lamp on each side near the front, nor more than one red side lamp on each side near the rear. The light source of each such lamp shall not exceed four standard candlepower.

(b) Lamps meeting requirements established by the department for side-marker or combination clearance and side-marker lamps may be installed on the sides of vehicles at any location, but any lamp installed within 24 inches of the rear of the vehicle shall be red, and any lamp installed at any other location shall be amber.
All of this is copied straight from the CA vehicle code book, which can be viewed here - http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/vc.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got pulled over.