Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Has anyone eaten at Espetus in SF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone eaten at Espetus in SF?

I've always heard about it and just by looking at the website it seems like a really nice place. Has anyone eaten there? And for those who have, how was the food, would you recommend it, and how were the prices?

http://www.espetus.com

Old 03-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I would highly recommend it. I have eaten at over 15 Churrascarias all over the US and this one is high on my list. WHile it is still not as good as Fogo De CHao, Espetus does have great quality meats and sides. Be prepared to shell out $70 (tax, tip, etc) per person unless you and your guests get alot of wines. They have opened up another location in San Mateo that is not as crowded as the SF location. Same quality, just less hastle. You will not be disappointed...

Old 03-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by bmpnride
I would highly recommend it. I have eaten at over 15 Churrascarias all over the US and this one is high on my list. WHile it is still not as good as Fogo De CHao, Espetus does have great quality meats and sides. Be prepared to shell out $70 (tax, tip, etc) per person unless you and your guests get alot of wines. They have opened up another location in San Mateo that is not as crowded as the SF location. Same quality, just less hastle. You will not be disappointed...
Thanks, I will definitely check out San Mateo. I would rather not deal with crowds in the city if possible. Good to know that the food is great, I'm a born meat eater!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been there plenty of times. I would recommend it. However, after drinks, tip, etc., you are looking at about $60+ per person.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
How do they charge? Is it a flat fee? And it's all you can eat right?

Old 03-06-2009, 11:23 AM
It's a flat fee. It's pretty much all you can eat. They have an area set up where you can go serve yourself sides, ex. rice, salad, etc. Then they come around and serve you the various meat selections. It's been a while since I last went, but I want to say the flat fee was around $40.

I did Sunday brunch before and its a bit less, however, there is less of a selection.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by sfgr415
I have been there plenty of times. I would recommend it. However, after drinks, tip, etc., you are looking at about $60+ per person.

Very true... I believe the basic dinner is $50. Once you add on everything it adds up fast. If you dont drink like me, it will save on $$. When they ask if you want water, make sure to tell them regular and not bottled. I dont like paying $5 for bottled water that should not cost that much.

Trending Topics

Old 03-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Each location has an ample selection of sides. At the San MAteo location they had tons of avocado which goes well with hot salty meat. They also had the rice and black beans as well as good chicken marsala. I was suprised to see this but kinda missed the paella they have at the SF location. Im sure it changed from week to week. One should be careful not to fill up on the sides as the meats are the focus. The lamb chops were so good I could eat those all day.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by bmpnride
Very true... I believe the basic dinner is $50. Once you add on everything it adds up fast. If you dont drink like me, it will save on $$. When they ask if you want water, make sure to tell them regular and not bottled. I dont like paying $5 for bottled water that should not cost that much.
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to have to remember this. Dang, this is making me hungry now.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
. . . This is a great dining establishment. We have had many a wonderful evenings dining there with friends and family.

Yes, as previously mentioned, expect to pay some $70.00 minimum per person. Be sure to make a reservation. Enjoy!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went for lunch when it was substantially cheaper. I think it was $25 a person, but they have a slightly smaller menu. The food was great, just be sure you are in the mood for a lot of meat when you go. You wanna make sure you get your money's worth.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Matthaios
I went for lunch when it was substantially cheaper. I think it was $25 a person, but they have a slightly smaller menu. The food was great, just be sure you are in the mood for a lot of meat when you go. You wanna make sure you get your money's worth.
THey leave out some of the best cuts at lunch. If someone wants to get a flavor of what this place is about, they can go to lunch but if you all about the meat, dinner is a must. I am sad to say I can only eat constant meat for 2 rotations (about 26 servings)

Old 03-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh I haven't been to a Brazilian buffet other than the one in Puente Hills Mall. That place is ok but some of the cuts of meat are dry.

This is definitely more expensive but sounds so much better. I will try it sometime.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
+1! This place a awesome, and keeps my friends and me coming back. You have to try their sangria which is amazing, just don't have too much if you're driving cuz its strong! We usually kill 2 or so pitchers between 4 of us. We should have a meet there!!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:25 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Been there once and it was good - company paid for it so I don't know the cost.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone eaten at Espetus in SF?