Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

HIN - San Mateo - April 4th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 11:58 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
whats the point of showing... u cant even see the cars when they pack u in that tight.... the cars in the parking lot have more room...

Old 04-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a crap show..!
Wow I thought HIN was done so much better

Old 04-06-2009, 12:16 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Just got back from San Mateo...I'm super tired. Had a great time at the show! Yes it was a tight squeeze for some of the cars because of the space given, but that didn't ruin the show. Had so much fun showing with Team RareJDM, seeing all of the other rides and hanging out with friends.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Premier Member

holy hell theyre hella close. lol

Old 04-06-2009, 03:47 AM
yea the space we were given was ****ty .... there was no other way we could of done it. my crew got out fine from hin with no tickets.

our Do-luck widebody Z got best driven Nissan

TWC had a great show congrats to viet, marty, and randy for getting at least 3+ awards each

Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 AM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
Just made it back to LA. Had a good time at HIN and it was nice seeing a few other rides I hadn't seen before

Not sure why there's so much hate about the show...the cars were cool, the drift show was fun as usual, and we had pretty good weather. the cops are another issue, but not really related to HIN...if you don't do anything illegal or have illegal stuff on your car there's not much they can hassle you for

Old 04-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by bigc
Just made it back to LA. Had a good time at HIN and it was nice seeing a few other rides I hadn't seen before

Not sure why there's so much hate about the show...the cars were cool, the drift show was fun as usual, and we had pretty good weather. the cops are another issue, but not really related to HIN...if you don't do anything illegal or have illegal stuff on your car there's not much they can hassle you for
Translation :
don't mod your car.

Don't have tint.

Don't put stickers, body kits or aftermarket rims on your car b'c it looks like you're a street racer and that's illegal!

don't dress like you're young-- "hip hop" clothing means your a trouble making gangbanger riding in your car, and "alternative" style clothing means you're a pot head driving under the influence .. instead, wear a nice polo shirt, cashmere sweater or suit for the laddies --(dresses and blouses for the lassies)

Don't bother to drive if you have a nice sport car unless you look age 50+ or have millions of dollars stashed somewhere-- In that case, go but the 11-99 foundation plate frame, get out of ticket card >.<

Don't bother playing music that has any bass in it b'c you'll be disrupting the peace.

Don't go to a car show full of illegally modded cars.. those cars are for display only and should be transported by truck --not driven! it's against the law! (yes, you too pop charger and exhaust! )

Do not look like your: african american, Hispanic, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Viet (or any kind of asian if you drive an import car that's not a stock Toyota corolla ) otherwise you're either driving a stolen car, driving without a license, terrorist, street racer or some gang affiliated punk trying to show off in their 20's in rims, low riders, rice rockets, etc..

Don't drive --Period.Use public transit

Cops will f*** with you just for the hell of it sometimes.. regardless if you did/done/have anything illegal or not with your car.

HIN should be directly responsible. They've been doing this for YEARS and know who/ what kind of cars and people tend to turn out.

It's pretty much common knowledge that most people who go to a car show that's full of modified cars are car enthusiasts who also mod their cars....

I think it's really unfair and very much a conflict of interest that the city would allow this venue to occur-- set SMPD to do security and traffic control for the event-- then send the same cops to go around and ticketing cars in parking lots or waiting to snipe them coming in/out of the show.

I can see if you did something stupid or reckless (speeding, sliding out, revving engine, trying to race..etc..) -OK, your A$$ deserved to be pulled over... but simply pulled over just b'c you're going or coming from a car show is BS.

Final Note: this HIN was ghey. completely disorganized, poor set up for displays, and lack of communication between event coordinators, car displaying customers, spectators and local authorities (City/county gov't + law enforcement)

Last edited by KungFuPanda; 04-06-2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 AM
sorry to hear about the lack of room and those who were turned away. not too sure i would want to park to someone that close if i were showing. hopefully the people that went had fun and sorry to hear that the cops were out....

Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ciabatta Burger
yea the space we were given was ****ty .... there was no other way we could of done it. my crew got out fine from hin with no tickets.

our Do-luck widebody Z got best driven Nissan

TWC had a great show congrats to viet, marty, and randy for getting at least 3+ awards each
i heard bout the daily driven class one of my friend won, but we wernt sure how they know if ur daily or not. did they ask you guys?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
I don't know man, if I can drive out of there super low, covered in vinyl, with an extremely loud exhaust and not be hassled, then I think a lot of the problems are brought on by the car owners. The cops had a very large, visible presence, but there was still a bunch of people revving and racing out of that place, not only drawing a lot of attention to themselves but making it worse for everyone. We waited for a little while till things calmed down and the whole team rolled out of there without issue.

Now don't get me wrong, I agree that HIN is very poorly organized this year. Not just San Mateo, the L.A. show was a mess too. I don't think that you can place the blame on HIN for the cops though, that's completely the city's doing.

With all that said, once you deal with all the bs and get everything setup, it's always a good time during the show. I'd rather deal with the problems and show, then stay home and complain any day. Thanks again to the team for coming out, congrats to Eric for Best Driven Nissan, and congrats to our friends at TWC - Marty, Randy, and Viet for all their awards.

Originally Posted by KungFuPanda
Translation :
don't mod your car.

Don't have tint.

Don't put stickers, body kits or aftermarket rims on your car b'c it looks like you're a street racer and that's illegal!

don't dress like you're young-- "hip hop" clothing means your a trouble making gangbanger riding in your car, and "alternative" style clothing means you're a pot head driving under the influence .. instead, wear a nice polo shirt, cashmere sweater or suit for the laddies --(dresses and blouses for the lassies)

Don't bother to drive if you have a nice sport car unless you look age 50+ or have millions of dollars stashed somewhere-- In that case, go but the 11-99 foundation plate frame, get out of ticket card >.<

Don't bother playing music that has any bass in it b'c you'll be disrupting the peace.

Don't go to a car show full of illegally modded cars.. those cars are for display only and should be transported by truck --not driven! it's against the law! (yes, you too pop charger and exhaust! )

Do not look like your: african american, Hispanic, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Viet (or any kind of asian if you drive an import car that's not a stock Toyota corolla ) otherwise you're either driving a stolen car, driving without a license, terrorist, street racer or some gang affiliated punk trying to show off in their 20's in rims, low riders, rice rockets, etc..

Cops will f*** with you just for the hell of it sometimes.. regardless if you did/done/have anything illegal or not with your car.

HIN should be directly responsible. They've been doing this for YEARS and know who/ what kind of cars and people tend to turn out.

It's pretty much common knowledge that most people who go to a car show that's full of modified cars are car enthusiasts who also mod their cars....

I think it's really unfair and very much a conflict of interest that the city would allow this venue to occur-- set SMPD to do security and traffic control for the event-- then send the same cops to go around and ticketing cars in parking lots or waiting to snipe them coming in/out of the show.

I can see if you did something stupid or reckless (speeding, sliding out, revving engine, trying to race..etc..) -OK, your A$$ deserved to be pulled over... but simply pulled over just b'c you're going or coming from a car show is BS.

Final Note: this HIN was ghey. completely disorganized, poor set up for displays, and lack of communication between event coordinators, car displaying customers, spectators and local authorities (City/county gov't + law enforcement)

Last edited by zackt69; 04-06-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Translation :
don't mod your car.

Don't have tint.

In my way in there were like 5 cars pulled over, one after the other...Truly I think we should send some kind of email to the SMPD...Thats unfair..They should be there to give security to the event, not pulling over random cars just because they look modified...that is truly bs......I hardly see anyone doing stupid stuff going into the car show or going out, but they just pull over any car they think its modified, even if everyone is just in line and organized going into the show....They were even inside the parking lot!! going around in motorcycles!...So good i have never got pulled over going in to those shows....YET

Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 PM
ohhh yes....

and congratulations to Marty, Randy, and Viet. wasnt able to make it to this one....
but maybe next time i will see you boys out there!!!

Another Good Job done by SoCal!

and Congratulations to everyone else that won!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Big Rob
As you should.

Just catching up...

Rob, was she demonstrating her "O" face or something?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
Translation:...
Better Translation: Don't be stupid and the cops won't have any grounds to hassle you. We all know taking off the front plate, tinting our front windows, etc. is illegal, but we do it anyway. Either 1) don't do it, 2) accept the risk that you may get caught, or 3) avoid drawing attention to yourself.

I'm a 6-4 black dude, drove out of the show wearing a hoodie, with a body kit, rims, aftermarket exhaust, tint, stickers on my car, listening to NWA (at a reasonable volume) while following Marcus (another black dude in a modded & tinted G sedan with obvious aftermarket exhaust). We passed at least 2 sets of cops and had no problems on our cruise back up to SF.

As Zack mentioned, when you drive fast / rev at people you're going to draw attention to yourself. While I agree that the show was poorly organized, its not HIN's fault that some people got busted doing something illegal.

Last edited by bigc; 04-06-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^ +1 it's all about how you drive/how illegal your mods are

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HIN - San Mateo - April 4th