Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Feather River Run - June 26 2010 - 2nd Annual - ZONC Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Great pictures!!!!!

Originally Posted by HighPsi

thought I would come over and say hi, thanks for the great time, and Grace and Juan, it was great hitting the twisties with y'all, long live the "Outlaws."

P.s. - I dont think that CHP was too happy that him and I had gone to high school together.
I know nothing of these "Outlaws"
Fun stuff. Let me know next time you guys put something together.

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Noice pix Eli, rollin into Truckee from the East. Got any more? You Outlaws really brought out the posse; I think they were lookin for a tree to hang all ya. Is "maybe a little" like throwing the car sideways (brake tapping) in front of the popo? I could not even stop long enough to water the horse before we were ran out of town on a rail. While the posse was chasing the decoy (Outlaws) we were having fun on the twisties.

I think ya all got off lucky.
We got off lucky big time. I think when the first CHP saw us he didn't connect a white car with me. He was looking at the "other white car". I'm really glad I wasn't in my car.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Avoiding potholes
I can't believe you guys took pictures when the CHP were around.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just know saw these posts, HighPsi added pix to his previous posts. I now know the pix when Chaz was talking to me on cel and said they just pulled us over.

I cannot make out when and where the pix (4th one) with what looks like half the caravan pulled over. Was that after the missed stop for a photo shoot? Dunno...

You guys were bold taking pix with CHP around.

If he had connected you with the white car, do you think the outcome would have been different? I think you did great (soccer mom) talking your way out of the yellow piece of paper "Sign here Miss".

I am now getting an idea of who the Outlaws are from these pics. Did not realize the 240Z was with ya. Pretty much knew the rest but I think there were more that are not in the pix.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Juan-g35
i'm just waiting on pix you took of my car when you were posted up on by the bridges
Soon, will prolly have to be after this weekends Run.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:42 PM

I am now getting an idea of who the Outlaws are from these pics. Did not realize the 240Z was with ya. Pretty much knew the rest but I think there were more that are not in the pix.
the now "Infamous Outlaws"

i migfht be a game time scratch for the this run. i just started a new job working 11pm-7am, fri-tue...

Old 07-05-2010, 10:57 PM
u will be missed

Last edited by ZeeForce; 07-06-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 07-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Avoiding potholes
I just know saw these posts, HighPsi added pix to his previous posts. I now know the pix when Chaz was talking to me on cel and said they just pulled us over.
They never pulled us over.

The first time we pulled to the side to wait for you guys and were told we shouldn't be there and move on. The next time, one tailed us into town and I pulled the group off to wait for you (again...lol). On that one, we got talked to by the first car, lectured the second car.

On the second wait for you stop if we would have left immediately after the first guy talked to us, it would have been fine. The second car to show in town started the "lean on us" talk. They weren't happy with us just sitting there and not moving on. We got the full brunt of "we hate you car and motorcycle clubs coming into our town" fury.

On a good note, I was at a party Saturday with a Quincy local and she gave me some good alternative runs.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Oh that's right...I do now recall Chaz saying you were pulled over waiting for us. We were at the photo shoot for about 20-30 min therefore it may have seemed a long time to see us again. We then had to go a little less than full spirited since they might be around any corner waiting to pull us over.

I spoke to the gas station attendant at Quincy and he was very disappointed in the CHP' behavior. He said that "really does no good for our poor economy here in Quincy". He also stated it was a "realignment" which translates to 'write more tickets to help their county.

There are many good runs up the Sierra's and I still favor the canyon as being #1. The Quincy Valley not so much for spirited driving but great scenery, you just gotta know and have that instinct that there might be a CHP around the next corner to get out of their alive. And sometimes that insight does no good when you have locals on the road calling in and reporting speedsters.

All in all we had a great time and I learn something new on these runs to improve for the next run

Old 07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Avoiding potholes
Oh that's right...I do now recall Chaz saying you were pulled over waiting for us. We were at the photo shoot for about 20-30 min therefore it may have seemed a long time to see us again. We then had to go a little less than full spirited since they might be around any corner waiting to pull us over.

I spoke to the gas station attendant at Quincy and he was very disappointed in the CHP' behavior. He said that "really does no good for our poor economy here in Quincy". He also stated it was a "realignment" which translates to 'write more tickets to help their county.

There are many good runs up the Sierra's and I still favor the canyon as being #1. The Quincy Valley not so much for spirited driving but great scenery, you just gotta know and have that instinct that there might be a CHP around the next corner to get out of their alive. And sometimes that insight does no good when you have locals on the road calling in and reporting speedsters.

All in all we had a great time and I learn something new on these runs to improve for the next run
We would have been fine if Juan and I weren't tattled on by the Subie. My friend works for the Chamber of Commerce of a nearby town. According to her, a lot of the fresh recruits get shipped there. No kidding we got a lecture.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 PM
We wouldn't have been tattled on if.......(cough)

Old 07-07-2010, 02:19 AM
Recruits sent to Quincy...I can believe it. Mine from Greenville wrote a three page essay.

How was the food at Smokey's?

Old 07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Avoiding potholes
Originally Posted by Juan-g35
We wouldn't have been tattled on if.......(cough)
(cough) yourself!
..and I quote, "Wow. There's a few hand prints on your trunk".
neener neener.....

Old 07-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Avoiding potholes
Recruits sent to Quincy...I can believe it. Mine from Greenville wrote a three page essay.

How was the food at Smokey's?
Smokey's was great.
Too bad they weren't as organized as the Train Depot.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Smokey's I found out afterwards was training a new chef, hence the slowness in getting our food all at once. They failed in that area. I also heard from peeps that went last year that the quality of the food was not up to par, like the chicken was dry and the corn bread was cold, beans tasted liked canned beans. I could not tell because my food was cold either way from all my yammering with peeps...lol

We will be going for pizza next year at their place across the street.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:35 AM
One of our good friends Bill Newcomb shot and edited some great onboard video. It's a long video but worth the wait. I could not believe the scenery and sky; it really described A Day in The Sierra's. Thanks Bill for an awesome job!