Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Stance of the Union | Sacramento : October 23RD 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Stance of the Union | Sacramento : October 23RD 2010

Official Stance of the Union site:
http://stanceworks.com/sotu/

Stanceworks Event link:
http://www.stanceworks.com/events/st...he-union-2010/

About:
In 2009, a idea was set in motion to bring together people from all over, representing different automobile makes and models all in the name of one modification style…. Stance. There is nothing new about the idea of wheel fitment on a car, however “stance” is more then just merely lowering a vehicle to allow a set of aggressive wheels to fit closely to freshly cut fenders. Stance is the character behind the fitment. A car is no longer looked at as merely a mode of transportation, but as a canvas open for interpretation.

Stance of the Union was created in this vein, to unite like-minded people who individually are using their vehicle for artistic interpretation all in the name of “stance”. Our goal is to bring people from far and wide to gather in a place without pretension, or judgment. A place where people can come to see familiar faces and to befriend new ones.

No trophies, no judges, and zero cost: Stance of the Union is a place to gather for all who are dedicated to scraping frame and pushing fitment. It was created for the people, by the people and to serve the people who push the culture in a positive direction.

Event Info:
StanceWorks is pleased to bring you Stance of the Union 2010 in the heart of the California state capital of Sacramento. We have secured the top two levels of the most prominent parking garage in scenic part of downtown. Here is a brief look at what the event will look like:
Friday

There will be people flying and rolling in Friday evening. We will all be gathering at the Holiday Inn next to where the event will be held.

9:00 – 11:00 pm: We will have a meet and greet for everyone to gather at. We encourage anyone who can to come early, as it’s a great time to get to know people in a chill environment outside the show. I’m sure festivities will continue well after.

For those of you concerned about parking, there will be overnight parking available Friday night. Cars can go in, but don’t come out until the show is complete the following day. Entrances are located at 3rd & L Streets or off 3rd Street near the Holiday Inn.

Saturday

8:00 – 12:00 PM: Roll-in for pre-registered cars will take place in this time window, subject to change. If you plan to park as a group or team, please contact me via Ben @ Stanceworks.com for arranging this. Vendor setup will be taking place at the same time. We will do our best to stage groups of individuals to minimize chaos. You will need to have a printout confirmation of your registration on your dash.

12:00 – 6:00 PM: The event begins and gates open for general admission. We welcome everyone to come out and be a part of the event. This is more an opportunity for like-minded people of all makes and models to gather and meet one another then anything else. It’s more like a festival then a show in this regard. We will have a live DJ, photographers from all over, videographers filming and a host of other things to be announced soon.

To re-iterate, the event is free for participants (although you must be registered and pre-screened) and general admission, so we ask everyone to come out and to have a great time wrapping up the year!

6:00 – On: We will orderly begin rollout. Due to the constraints of being in a parking garage, we ask everyone who is in the event to stay the entire event. If you can’t stay the whole event, we ask you to not enter your car into the show. We ask this based on logistics as well as liability. The event will be officially over at 6:00.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds ****ing sick, hope I can make it down!

Old 09-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the one we have been waiting for folks... mark your calenders and make plans now.

The venue is absolutely fantastic, top floors of the parking garage right in downtown Sacramento. Can't wait to see everyone show up for this one is going to be HUGE!

Old 09-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be there in something lol.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:35 AM
can't wait!

Old 09-03-2010, 01:51 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Sedan GTG is the same day

Old 09-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
i was about to post the same thing sucks for conflicting events

Old 09-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks for posting Pat .. I was wondering when the information was going to be available.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
Originally Posted by Epidel
i was about to post the same thing sucks for conflicting events
That's too bad... are a lot of norcal guys planning to go to the sedan g2g? At least those who weren't going to make the trip to Long Beach can come to this.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
The sedan guys should just go to Sac and keep it more local... Should be a great show. I will try to muster up as much of the team as I can to roll up for this.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:52 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Sucks that its on the same day as the Sedan GTG II, I really would have liked to come up to Norcal for this.

There are multiple Stance/Flush meets in NorCal every year, there is only one Sedan GTG per year; I'm just sayin....

Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Too bad for the confllict in event scheduling .. but if you know Sacramento. The effort involved in getting the locals (city government and businesses) to agree to this type of event!!

I'm still amazed .. too bad I don't have a ride worthy enough to be in either show .. LOL ..

Old 09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Sucks that its on the same day as the Sedan GTG II, I really would have liked to come up to Norcal for this.

There are multiple Stance/Flush meets in NorCal every year, there is only one Sedan GTG per year; I'm just sayin....
very true...got to represent the Sedans

Old 09-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by g37mobbin
very true...got to represent the sedans
^+2

Old 09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think my schedule allows for this one. Lookin forward to reppin the east bay at this event. Hopefully I'll learn my offsets by then and actually have some stance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stance of the Union | Sacramento : October 23RD 2010