Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Shops to weld on xpipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Question Shops to weld on xpipe

Hi guys,

i am looking for a local bay area shop that can help with replacing my y-pipe on the x02 exhaust, and weld on my new magnaflow xpipe/mufler along with replacing my stock cats with berk hi flow cats. can you recommend any shops around fremont/union city area that you have had past experiences with? Thanks for the info!

preet

Last edited by dcityjatt; 06-01-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatever you do, stay away from Speedy Mufflers

I usually go to Guaranteed Mufflers off of Fremont Blvd and Thornton.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM
haha, i was thinking about that place (right next to Jack na' Crack) although i thought they specialize mostly in american cars/muscle type

i went there to get my hangers adjusted once and fix the tips, any other shops folks?

Last edited by dcityjatt; 06-01-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
What vendor did you buy your Berks from? I will be getting mine soon.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Cool

Hi Troy

I picked up a used but mint set of berks from another member

Old 05-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by dcityjatt
haha, i was thinking about that place (right next to Jack na' Crack) although they specialize mostly in american cars/muscle type

i went there to get my hangers adjusted once and fix the tips, any other shops folks?
Yeah, I had all my Camaros' exhausts done there. I took my 350Z for some weld work and they did a kick a$s job. They even fixed my friends ill fitted XO2 exhaust and made it fit proper.

But as for weld work, good luck finding anything in the area that specializes in G/Z platforms and does a good job at welding. Most of our stuff is straight bolt on.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Hi Troy

I picked up a used but mint set of berks from another member
Good deal. I got a quote for $410 shipped. I got my exhaust installed at golden auto in SF but I will also be on the hunt for a place to install the Berks.

Trending Topics

Old 05-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
But as for weld work, good luck finding anything in the area that specializes in G/Z platforms and does a good job at welding. Most of our stuff is straight bolt on.
Yeah man, thats why i was asking for input from ya'all. It'd be ideal if a shop has done similar work on another G/Z, but welding is welding regardless of what car or exhaust, thought if someone have had first hand experience, they might be able to share it first hand. Regarding the install for Berk HFCs, i found a video that shows how to install Berk HFCs, and they have some additional tips to ensure a great install.

My question is how much of the information shared in this video should i expect the shop to know about, and how much is specific to berk's that i need to specifically disclose to the shop before they do any work. info such as:

-spraying pb blaster or liquid wrench on all bolts about 30 mins before starting
-not using an impact wrench to remove any of the bolts. they maybe harder to remove with hand tools, but the shock of an impact wrench has been known to damage O2 sensors
-series of paddle presses to do an ECU reset
Originally Posted by bmpnride
Good deal. I got a quote for $410 shipped. I got my exhaust installed at golden auto in SF but I will also be on the hunt for a place to install the Berks.
Hey let me know if you find a good place My hfcs and magnaflow muffler should be here by end of this week.

Last edited by dcityjatt; 06-01-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:35 AM
so i went to guaranteed mufflers in fremont to get this work done today.

i called and spoke to the owner alan at around 1:30, and he told me to come in at 3 pm as the guy who was going to work on it was on lunch. it kinda sucked bcuz as i come in for my appt, i was told to wait as they were working on other cars, and didnt get to me till almost 4:45. got done just in time right after the shop closed at 6.

buttt, i am very happy with the work they put in! the quality of the welds was excellent, and my exhaust sounds AMAZING! with the berk hfcs the tone of the exhaust is deeeeeper, and the magnaflow muffler got rid of any drone! and i have definately gained some low end power and the car picks up much better!

next up is get a tune! any placed to recommend? lol

Last edited by dcityjatt; 06-03-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I think Z Car Garage can do your tune

I will be honest though, I havent gotten mine tuned there only because I have the HR motor and the last HR I know of didnt impress me with the low output numbers.

I have seen good gains from the DE motors come out of there though.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

What engine management do you have?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
My numbers didn't impress you?
I think Z Car Garage can do your tune

I will be honest though, I havent gotten mine tuned there only because I have the HR motor and the last HR I know of didnt impress me with the low output numbers.

I have seen good gains from the DE motors come out of there though.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Go to ZCG
so i went to guaranteed mufflers in fremont to get this work done today.

i called and spoke to the owner alan at around 1:30, and he told me to come in at 3 pm as the guy who was going to work on it was on lunch. it kinda sucked bcuz as i come in for my appt, i was told to wait as they were working on other cars, and didnt get to me till almost 4:45. got done just in time right after the shop closed at 6.

buttt, i am very happy with the work they put in! the quality of the welds was excellent, and my exhaust sounds AMAZING! with the berk hfcs the tone of the exhaust is deeeeeper, and the magnaflow muffler got rid of any drone! and i have definately gained some low end power and the car picks up much better!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by SE5spd
My numbers didn't impress you?
I dont recall seeing yours. The last one that comes to mind was done like a year ago or so and it was the very first one they did. I just remember that other shops were getting better gains

Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Oh okay..I have a thread on my350 somewhere
I made 302whp after the tune.
I dont recall seeing yours. The last one that comes to mind was done like a year ago or so and it was the very first one they did. I just remember that other shops were getting better gains

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shops to weld on xpipe