Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

What's a Good Dealership to Sell my G to?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What's a Good Dealership to Sell my G to?

Hi,

Newly registered but had been reading the forum for a long time since I owned my G two years ago - fell in love with it ever since.

Sadly, I'm moving and I have to sell my G quickly. Tried posting it on CL but it seems that would take several weeks before it sells (bit.ly/HzvFiK). So, I believe my only option is to sell to a dealership and accept $2-3k less.

So, I'd like to ask if anyone has any experience taking their Gs to be appraised/sold to a dealer in the bay area, whether it would be an authorize dealer like Beshoff or any car dealer. Which place would offer me a good/no-lowball price?

I've heard Beshoff/Marin offer the best service, but what about for selling cars to? I've also heard Carmax is a good option that offers good price, although it's located all the way in Modesto.

Also, almost 2 year ago I bought my G an extended warranty. Would that gives any extra value in the car in a dealership's eye? Because if not, I'll just cancel the warranty and get a pro-rated refund on the time left on my warranty.

I'm quite in the blind on which dealership to go to. Thank you so much on your advice.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by DonnySF
Hi,

Newly registered but had been reading the forum for a long time since I owned my G two years ago - fell in love with it ever since.

Sadly, I'm moving and I have to sell my G quickly. Tried posting it on CL but it seems that would take several weeks before it sells (bit.ly/HzvFiK). So, I believe my only option is to sell to a dealership and accept $2-3k less.

So, I'd like to ask if anyone has any experience taking their Gs to be appraised/sold to a dealer in the bay area, whether it would be an authorize dealer like Beshoff or any car dealer. Which place would offer me a good/no-lowball price?

I've heard Beshoff/Marin offer the best service, but what about for selling cars to? I've also heard Carmax is a good option that offers good price, although it's located all the way in Modesto.

Also, almost 2 year ago I bought my G an extended warranty. Would that gives any extra value in the car in a dealership's eye? Because if not, I'll just cancel the warranty and get a pro-rated refund on the time left on my warranty.

I'm quite in the blind on which dealership to go to. Thank you so much on your advice.
If you are willing to take the the hit on how much you get back then best bet is to call the dealerships and see who can give you the best deal. I can definitely say do NOT go to peninsula Infiniti. They have crap customer service and were the reason why I couldn't get the G I had originally wanted. But you don't have to take it to an Infiniti dealership. The place I bought my G from was Lexus of Stevens creek and they have excellent customer services and the sales staff are all very kind and really seem to want to help you out.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
pmed u in your area.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
If you're willing to take a lower price, craigslist is still your best bet.

You're asking 18.5 private? So you're fine with 15,000 dealer I assume?

If you put that cars price for $15,000. It will sell quick.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
what are the specs of your G? is it modded or all stock?

Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input!
I took the car to Infiniti of Oakland and they called in their buyer who's probably from Volkswagen. He inspected the car for 5 minutes and took it for a drive for 2 min, then quickly gave me a semi-insulting offer for 13k, which is almost 4k under Kbb's dealer trade-in value. Wow.
So, I guess it's true that the best way to sell cars quickly would be to dump the price on CL.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by DonnySF
Thanks everyone for your input!
I took the car to Infiniti of Oakland and they called in their buyer who's probably from Volkswagen. He inspected the car for 5 minutes and took it for a drive for 2 min, then quickly gave me a semi-insulting offer for 13k, which is almost 4k under Kbb's dealer trade-in value. Wow.
So, I guess it's true that the best way to sell cars quickly would be to dump the price on CL.
Yeah they low ball the hell out of you at the dealership. CL would get you the most, but it could take some time. The dealerships will just take it off your hands quick.