Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

SF Bay Area Service Dep. recommendation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible to bring our cars to Nissan for warranty work?

The reason I ask this is that a friend of mine is a Service Manager for Nissan, and I am sure he would not mind my mods.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
When was the last time the sunroof seal was cleaned and siliconed? That sounds like thats most likely it. I have battled with all kinds of rattles and the weird thing is that it can seem it is coming from one area but it usually is in another area. .......Try bringing it in to Serramonte and tell them you have all kinds of rattles....thats what I did and they got the rest of them. I am now ( finally) actually rattle free!

Last edited by gizsf; 06-30-2005 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by gizsf
Another one for Serramonte.......they happily fixed any issue I had with the G. (brakes, homelink mirror, side trim, and all my oil changes). I usually deal with Jon Appleby also.
I also take my Infiniti to Serramonte, though I'll probably start going to the new Oakland place (live in Hayward). I've usually dealt with Jon Appleby too, though he wasn't there the last time I took my car in. The service there is pretty good, in my experience.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another vote for Infiniti of Serramonte. They are very friendly and accommodating.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:53 PM
D87
Originally Posted by TonyK
I also take my Infiniti to Serramonte, though I'll probably start going to the new Oakland place (live in Hayward). I've usually dealt with Jon Appleby too, though he wasn't there the last time I took my car in. The service there is pretty good, in my experience.
I just called and Jon is no longer with Serramonte, neither is Charlie.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Don't bring it to Serramonte. The place was great when Jon and Charlie were there, but now they have two knuckleheads that wouldn't even aknowlege me when I walked in the door. Service was moderate, not up to par with the previous service writers, and they even charged me $5.00 for a loan car! I also told them not to wash or vacuum my car after service because my girlfriend may have dropped her earings underneath the seats, but they did it anyways. I would only continue to go because their location is convenient for me.

Old 10-29-2005, 05:39 AM
im due for some servicing soon.. just wondering where to go now? i live in daly city, so something around the area would be ideal. where do u guys take your cars now?

Old 10-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by auto_drive
im due for some servicing soon.. just wondering where to go now? i live in daly city, so something around the area would be ideal. where do u guys take your cars now?
I have had nothing, but positive experiences with Infiniti Of Serramonte. They were quick to address 2 TSB issues without question. I waited 15 minutes for my last oil change.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by andy2434
I have had nothing, but positive experiences with Infiniti Of Serramonte. They were quick to address 2 TSB issues without question. I waited 15 minutes for my last oil change.
Is there a specific service advisor you would recommend?

Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 AM
D87
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I've only taken my car to Serramonte and the service was great. The first time they got me a loaner car free, and even gave me a bottle of touch-up paint free because I made an appointment but on that day they didn't have the right tech to look at my issue. The second and third times they remember me (probably because my CB G is pretty rare) and we started joking around. Talk to Andrew (Tech) or Peter (Service Rep) and tell them Danny with the CB G/climate-control-panel-sticking-out sent you!

Old 11-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
Boris, ask for Peter McConnell. He has always been very accommodating to me.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Modded Member
Boris, ask for Peter McConnell. He has always been very accommodating to me.
Another member, bythabay, has also reccomended Peter. I spoke with him on the phone today, and wasn't too impressed with his attitude.

I did, however, schedule an appointment for Thursday, so we will see how they treat my car.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
Another member, bythabay, has also reccomended Peter. I spoke with him on the phone today, and wasn't too impressed with his attitude.

I did, however, schedule an appointment for Thursday, so we will see how they treat my car.
Boris, let me know how it goes. What are you having done?

Old 11-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Modded Member
Boris, let me know how it goes. What are you having done?
Numerous creaks, squeaks, buzzes, and rattles.

Ooh, my 600th post!

Old 11-05-2005, 03:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Little update on Serramonte...brought my G in to fix my gas tank sensors and guage, a poping sound and sway coming from my passenger seat, and the sunroof tsb. So I got the gas tank and sunroof done , took 2 days. As far as the passenger seat, nothing!! They actually told me that the mechanic noticed too much play on the drivers side and they replaced the (technical talk) seat thingy. Now my seat backrest is so far back that you can see the fabric from the bottom of the leather seat where you sit your as$. So to put it in short, they didn't fix my problem but created a new one.
The new guys there seem like they came from the sales floor and the work is not what it used to be when Appleby was there. It's back over to Oakland for me.

Boris, 600th post...your on your way to post ***** status like andy

Last edited by gizsf; 11-05-2005 at 03:57 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Service Dep. recommendation?