Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

my citation is not eligible for traffic school. What should i do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad it work out for you.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Corpstyle
So, here's a little secret:

Sounds like BS, but I happen to know it's true... pay the ticket (personal check) but pay over the ticket amount.. let's say $20 bucks. They will send you a refund check for the difference.. here's the trick: DO NOT CASH IT.

It's a database issue. If the accounts don't balance, the transaction stays open and the ticket never goes to the DMV, or therefore your insurance.

I always suggest going to traffic school whenever possible, just pay the fine and do the time. However, when they don't give you that option- this is a way to prevent your record from getting jacked up and your rates getting hiked.

Good luck.
This is BS. DO NOT rely on this advice. It has been debunked many times.
http://snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

Old 08-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So here's the deal, I almost never posted the recommendation anyway.. partly because I didn't want anyone to abuse it and partly because of this. So, I thought the same exact things, thought it was BS. (btw, I am aware and did read your urban legend link- I'm a big fan of the site as well..)

Here's the thing- I TRIED IT ANYWAY because I had nothing to lose, and- NO POINTS ever did go on my record nor did my insurance ever get wind of it- SERIOUSLY.

So, urban legend would say.. this was a coincidence and there is not cause and effect- then how did the guy that told me about it get away with it for 6 speeding tickets??? That isn't coincidence.

You can check all my previous posts (all like 4 or 5 of them..) you will see that I'm not one of these jokers that gets off telling far out stories or whatever. I almost never posted this because I thought the guy who did get away w/ those 6 tickets was a jackass- and wouldn't want anyone to abuse it.

PS- I'm in CA, maybe it doesn't work everywhere- I can oly say that I did it once here, (I think it was 2002) and it worked. -- and that I believe it worked everytime for the other jerk. For any readers out there, if you've got nothing left to lose and you're in CA, try it and then you can post and tell all if it worked for you. It worked for me, no BS.

L8r

Old 09-01-2005, 03:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corpstyle,
ONe of my friends told about that too. My brother just got his 2nd ticket within a year so he wasn't eligible for traffic school. He sent in a check for an extra $10. We're waiting to see what happens..ill keep everyone updated. If it works for him...ill be convinced.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Cool - I am very interested to see..

If it does work, I wonder if that means that the government got urbanlegends.com to say that..? Hmmm. *consipiracy theory*

..well first things first- lets see if it works for you like it did for me. Thx

Old 09-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Just FYI, the "overpay the speeding ticket" thing TOTALLY depends on the court clerk. If you overpay, 99% of the time, they will send you the entire check back and order you to pay the exact amount- and you don't get a deadline extension. This has screwed over many drivers who thought this was a quick fix-it. They won't cash it and issue a refund, as it's easier and faster to just return it.

G

Old 09-07-2005, 04:03 PM
GeoBau,
according to my bank...they have already depoisted the check we sent..So i guess I'm in the 1%.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Old 09-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by GeoBau
Jesus H. Christ George, you managed to repost in the same freakin' thread!!!! Scroll up to post #17. Unbelievable!

Old 09-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
I wasn't reposting, I was reinforcing.

G

Old 09-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by GeoBau
I wasn't reposting, I was reinforcing.

G
Oh, well nevermind...repost *****.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Thumbs down

1) you can always request traffic school even if your ticket says you are not eligible for it. you can even request traffic school within 18 months of already going to traffic school. also, 25mph over speed limit does not qualify you for traffic school? i call your buff.

2) what you want to do is what you want to do, heh, request for traffic school and reduction of your fees. read this link and make sure you clearly understand it. http://www.ticketassassin.com/trafficschool.html

3) my name is dang and i'm new to the boards, just picked up my blk/blk 05 g35 sedan a few days ago. just wanted to say hello

Old 10-25-2005, 11:17 PM
SOOOO.. gq916..

what has been the verdict thus far? GeoBau & Crew.. got respect for u guys as I generally agree w/ your posts..

.. but i'm trying to tell you- i did this thing and it REALLY worked/ and i know it worked for this other guy (multiple times) that used to work at my work. Can this REALLY be coincidence? Maybe it works in CA only..

gq916... any word? Anyone can copy a link from urbanlegends.. but who is right?

lol- if this is right and these sites are wrong.. hmm.. what does that say?

Old 10-29-2005, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by kt157
when ever u get caught for driving 25mph over the speed limit u CANT take traffic school.
you mind as well pay up, every person that i talked to the judge didn't let them slide. u can always try and see if the cop shows up

See if we show up?! Ha, Ha! Most of the time traffic court usually ends up being outside of our shift schedule. Meaning: Overtime. One thing about cops, we're overtime ******. Don't count on cops not showing up to traffic court. Besides, when we get the subpeona, it asks for our days off and vacation days so the court can schedule around them.

Old 11-26-2005, 08:58 PM
gq916... whatever happened with this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my citation is not eligible for traffic school. What should i do?