Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

my citation is not eligible for traffic school. What should i do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my citation is not eligible for traffic school. What should i do? (Result)

the fine is $351, this is my first ticket. The notice said i am not eligible for traffic school. Is there any ways that i can request for traffic school?

Last edited by kenempireex; 08-24-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was it a moving violation? I thought your first offense you could take traffic school..what did you do?

Old 08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Was it a moving violation? I thought your first offense you could take traffic school..what did you do?
driving 77mph in a 50 zone.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kenempireex
driving 77mph in a 50 zone.
That does not sound right. Have you made additional inquires? If not, I would definitely look into it. Good luck!

Old 08-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
That does not sound right. Have you made additional inquires? If not, I would definitely look into it. Good luck!
Maybe it's in bay bridge, but what i really want to know is. CAn i still beg for traffic school? Or is pled unguilty the only way out?

Old 08-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Just show up to court and plea to the judge. Since it's a first time offense, you will probably be able to go to Traffic School. It's strange that the ticket says your not eligible.

Old 08-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oops! The Bay bridge? Yeah, they are quite stringent on enforcing the speed limit on that bridge. I think the previous poster's advice is good. Give it a try. You have nothing to loose.

Be careful on the bridges, my man. Be especially vigilant while crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, as well. There is low or no tolerance on the GGB. Good luck to you with you attempt to go to Traffic School.

Old 08-21-2005, 01:02 AM
when ever u get caught for driving 25mph over the speed limit u CANT take traffic school.
you mind as well pay up, every person that i talked to the judge didn't let them slide. u can always try and see if the cop shows up

Old 08-21-2005, 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by kt157
when ever u get caught for driving 25mph over the speed limit u CANT take traffic school.
you mind as well pay up, every person that i talked to the judge didn't let them slide. u can always try and see if the cop shows up
Damnit! Is that true? It's my first ticket though. Besides, it was approx. 27mph over the speed limit. the radar gun may be off a bit sometimes.

Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
So, here's a little secret:

Sounds like BS, but I happen to know it's true... pay the ticket (personal check) but pay over the ticket amount.. let's say $20 bucks. They will send you a refund check for the difference.. here's the trick: DO NOT CASH IT.

It's a database issue. If the accounts don't balance, the transaction stays open and the ticket never goes to the DMV, or therefore your insurance.

I always suggest going to traffic school whenever possible, just pay the fine and do the time. However, when they don't give you that option- this is a way to prevent your record from getting jacked up and your rates getting hiked.

Good luck.

Old 08-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Corpstyle
So, here's a little secret:

Sounds like BS, but I happen to know it's true... pay the ticket (personal check) but pay over the ticket amount.. let's say $20 bucks. They will send you a refund check for the difference.. here's the trick: DO NOT CASH IT.

It's a database issue. If the accounts don't balance, the transaction stays open and the ticket never goes to the DMV, or therefore your insurance.

I always suggest going to traffic school whenever possible, just pay the fine and do the time. However, when they don't give you that option- this is a way to prevent your record from getting jacked up and your rates getting hiked.

Good luck.
Yea? I heard that before too. U tried it b4? Can anyone back up on that?

Old 08-22-2005, 03:05 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
most insurance companies allow one "get out of jail" free.

meaning you can have one ticket on your record every three yrs and your premium will not go up.

good luck

Old 08-22-2005, 03:51 AM
the thing...by the time when i see the judge. Should i pled guility or not guilty? All i want is traffic school...that's all i want.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I talked to the judge today. He gave me traffic school!!!! YES!!! the total amount is $380 + future traffic school

Thank you for all the help from G people. Without you guy's help, i am probably still stuck.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Nice job- glad you got a reasonable judge.

And yes, I've done that trick before and it worked like a charm. I knew a jacka55 who abused it (had like 7 or 8 tickets).. which I think is just stupid. Anyway- all's well that ends well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my citation is not eligible for traffic school. What should i do?