Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Dealer Rip Off - Sj

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rpc
They do not take care of that for free. You have been mislead. Wear and tear on brake pads is not covered on any warranty from what I know at any dealership but nonetheless the problem here is that the brake pads do NOT need to be replaced yet. I have about 60% more. Does that make sense?
I have a 04 and I have a 36k miles or 3 years warranty on the brakes and rotors from Nissan. I have gone throught 3 pads already and one set of rotor. I didn't pay for any of the services that were done. If you have the Brembo brakes the warranty does not cover under it. If you replace the pads before with some aftermarket that will void the warranty as well. I know the 05 and up does not offer the warranty. If you have 60% left and the service guy at the dealership tell you that you have to replace them. I would just walk out the door and go to another place. Don't buy the tires from the dealership they charge you a arm and a leg for them.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by Polishthrust
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember hearing something on a commercial that BMW now covers breaks in the warranty.
Yes, you're correct about BMW that is how bad car companies want your business.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:33 AM
rpc
Originally Posted by limeg35
03 and 04's 5AT coupe have 36/36k miles brake pads/rotors warranty, due to the premature wearing on them.

Wow. That sounds all cool and dandy, but I have a 03 6MT coupe. Mine isn't covered.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:39 AM
rpc
Originally Posted by silent-g
I have a 04 and I have a 36k miles or 3 years warranty on the brakes and rotors from Nissan. I have gone throught 3 pads already and one set of rotor. I didn't pay for any of the services that were done. If you have the Brembo brakes the warranty does not cover under it. If you replace the pads before with some aftermarket that will void the warranty as well. I know the 05 and up does not offer the warranty. If you have 60% left and the service guy at the dealership tell you that you have to replace them. I would just walk out the door and go to another place. Don't buy the tires from the dealership they charge you a arm and a leg for them.
That's exactly what I did. I walked out completely. Just wanted to let others know to be careful from my experience.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rpc
Wow. That sounds all cool and dandy, but I have a 03 6MT coupe. Mine isn't covered.
We dont know that you have 6MT til now! Sorry, was just try to help no need to be condescending, since you were keep saying that brake is not covered from any warranty, because its "wear and tear" items, thought I would convey that certain G do have brake warranty...I will refrain from posting in any of your threads.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will try next time, but I highly doubt it. Brake pads are not under warranty due to wear and tear, and dealership will let you know this unless their is brake FAILURE problems. Also, my car does still have under 36K.
They do not take care of that for free. You have been mislead. Wear and tear on brake pads is not covered on any warranty from what I know at any dealership but nonetheless the problem here is that the brake pads do NOT need to be replaced yet. I have about 60% more. Does that make sense

Old 01-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Dealer Rip OFf-

According to the warranty, your brakes part would be covered under 34K, just the labor is the one from our pocket. I am sorry about your service advisor is a pain in *** but as long you know the right one, thing could be must smoothly. My rear tire worn out about 17k, hmmm was this the first time you change your rear after 30K? If so, that was really good.

Hope things are well in the future! :-)
pd

Originally Posted by rpc
This is the 1st time I took my car into the dealership for a regularly scheduled 30K maintenance. I bought a used car and technically this the 2nd time bu the 1st time everything was under warranty so I didn't come out the pocket at all.

Well, my service advisor, W.P., said I needed new brakes, new rear tires and alignment. I noticed I needed all 4 tires before taking it in and did not know anything about brakes being bad because I didn't look. First he said it was the entire brakes, then he later explained it was the brake pads as I figured already unless he was really tryin get some $$$ outta me. Second he only mentioned the rear tires needing to be replaced. I talked with him about the tires and he kept mentioning how pricey they are because of the rating of the tires and how good they are as I'm sure he thought I knew nothing about it. So I asked him the rating and he assured me it was the best, W rated Michelin's. I purchased Z rated tires before so I knew he was already BS'n about that but I let him do his "song and dance".

I figured he wanted me to come outta the pocket for the brakes and rear tires now. Then next time I got an oil change and brought it back to him or whatever, he'd recommend me gettin the front tires replaced and talk about something new that "needed" replacing. Or maybe he wanted me to wear the front tires out more and hopefully the rear as well so he could get me to pay for 4 new tires next time around. When I walked in to pick my car up after declining all of their recommendations I asked him again about the tire rating and asked him if he was sure W rating was higher than the Z rating which he actually flinched and stuttered. He had to re-think then admitted Z raHELL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I took it to my friend who works at a shop for over a dozen years now and he checked the brake pads and mentioned that I did not need new brake pads and they weren't close to being worn yet. Front and rear tires he recommended replacing (which I knew already). My boy saved me over $500.

All in all, don't go to the dealership to get F'd up the @ss cuz because they don't even give you the option to pre-lube.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by rpc
Yes, in SJ on Stevens Creek.
So are there any "decent" advisors at Frontier?

Old 01-27-2006, 01:04 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brad has been decent with me. he rushes a bit but he strives to make things right.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
William is pretty cool too. Haven't had any problems with him. He seems to be more knowledgeable than Brad about the G too imo.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:45 PM
rpc
Originally Posted by nhazra
William is pretty cool too. Haven't had any problems with him. He seems to be more knowledgeable than Brad about the G too imo.
W.P.???? That is very questionable. You do see the initials, correct? Be CAREFUL. I wouldn't trust him again personally.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:55 AM
Sorry about that. I didn't catch that the first time. I've been to both and William just knows more about the car than Brad, He owns a G35 sedan too. I took my car in for the axle clicking last time and Brad had no idea what I was talking about. Let me reiterate this, " IMO, William is a better advisor."

Originally Posted by rpc
W.P.???? That is very questionable. You do see the initials, correct? Be CAREFUL. I wouldn't trust him again personally.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:56 AM
Thumbs up W.P at Frontier Infiniti gets two thumbs up from me

If you are talking about the service advisor by the name of William Perry at Frontier Infiniti, I can only say that he was always very helpful with me. I have 03 5AT coupe and I just got my second set of brakes and front rotors replaced free of charge. William Perry gets thumbs up from me.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:23 PM
warranty term 36 month?

I got to Frontier Infiniti and my advisor is Brad, He is ok. My only problem is he does not try to listen in very details especially when you know what exactly is the problem. Instead he says that techs will have a look over on it.

Anyway, I have 34k on my car (5AT) and it was first registered on Feb 2003 so I am technically about a months over the 36 months brake warranty terms, just realized this today and hating my self for not goign in eralier. Anyway I think my rotors are getting to the limit sincee they have never been changed. lat time 10k ago they checked and said the still has 2mm materlial left which I think is probably gone b now. Anyone knows if Frontier will still honor the waranty terms??

Old 07-17-2006, 07:50 PM
frontier

has anyone worked with Albert Rios? Other than trying to sell me every flush in the universe, he's been pretty knowledgeable...

Old 07-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by imagine
has anyone worked with Albert Rios? Other than trying to sell me every flush in the universe, he's been pretty knowledgeable...

so far so good with me. had the clicking fixed recently under warrenty with my modified suspension (coilovers, sways) He said he likes to race and modify cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Rip Off - Sj