Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

looking for a job in Cupertino.where is a cheap place close to SF to live?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vegas has it's pluses and minuses.

San Jose people...what about Santana Row? That seems like a trendy place, but is a good place to live?

Old 03-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Hooman6MT

San Jose people...what about Santana Row? That seems like a trendy place, but is a good place to live?

why don't you just come live in my apartment building.. I'm the manager there what else could you want

?

Old 03-27-2006, 04:00 PM
workin...

santana row is nice. good for ppl watching. lots of uber high end shops. some good restaurants. if you live there, except to spend more unless you can control yourself from eating/shopping close by. theaters are close by too which is cool and the 280 is also very close.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
why don't you just come live in my apartment building.. I'm the manager there what else could you want

?
I thought you lived in the city?

Old 03-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by bythabay

?
do you have a website, map of location, demographics of building, etc. Please PM or email me.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:11 PM
workin...

hooman, ur taking all of us out for a beer after you move here right? all this wisdom isn't free haha jk

Old 03-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by absolutg
hooman, ur taking all of us out for a beer after you move here right? all this wisdom isn't free haha jk
sure...why not. I need to make some new friends

Old 03-27-2006, 08:39 PM

I was going to suggested that place, but wasnt sure what kind of lifestyle you like, that place is quite busy/noisy during weekends, its like lives in big city I guess, nice shops/restaurants and everything is about couple of block away.

Did I hear someone mentioned BEER? , Maybe some of us can help you out with the move? let us know.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by limeg35
I was going to suggested that place, but wasnt sure what kind of lifestyle you like, that place is quite busy/noisy during weekends, its like lives in big city I guess, nice shops/restaurants and everything is about couple of block away.

Did I hear someone mentioned BEER? , Maybe some of us can help you out with the move? let us know.

well that's what I want. I've lived in san diego for my entire life and I'm ready to get out of this relaxed calm lifestyle. I want a big city atmosphere for a while. That's why I've been looking at San Fransisco, but that commute is just too much for 2 nights a week. I searched for bars and nightlife in san jose on google and found santana row, but that place might be a little out of my price range (about 2200 for a 1bedroom/1 bath)

Are there any other trendy bar or lounge streets? In san diego, we have one street with all the main bars, then downtown. But pretty much all the good partying in san diego is confined to one street of bars (pacific beach) and 3 streets in downtown. I just want to be walking distance to the action (nightlife, restaurants, movies, shopping, etc)

The new company should pay for the movers, but I could use some people to drink some beer and make sure the movers don't break anything

Old 03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, there is down town SanJose, around Market/Santa Clara, not as trendy/upper as Santa Row, but the hosuing there should be cheaper, but still have decent night life
examples...

http://www.apartments.com/partner/su...vel=8&prvpg=15

http://www.apartments.com/partner/su...0.81&srt3=0.49

http://www.apartments.com/partner/su...0.09&srt3=0.14

http://www.apartments.com/partner/su...0.09&srt3=0.14

Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 PM
cool thanks! I'll check this website out and see what else I can find.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
looks like it's official. I got the job in Cupertino. I have been looking at the areas and I've narrowed it down to Marina District in SF or Downtown Palo Alto near Stanford. From what I've read online these two areas seem to have a pretty decent nightlife. SF will cost about 300 dollars/month more because of gas, but I think it's worth it.

I'm looking to move up around may 1st.

I want to thank everyone for their help, I will let you know when I'm up there and maybe we can get some drinks after work someday.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Dont live in Santana Row area. Its way overpriced and a traffic magnet. You will regret it very fast. There are so many other areas near there with a good atmosphere without all the hustle n bustle. Just remember to search for a few apts in a similar area to ensure that one complex is not jacking the prices up. You want to pay fair market value for the apt. You will pay less money for the places by the freeway due to traffic. I advise not living on the eastside of 101. Pockets of bad areas. Sunnyvale is a reasonable area that is not very expensive and is close to many things. There are alot of place near Lawrence Expway that offer good rates and access to freeways.

It will all be up to you when you visit. Like you said, crash at ur freinds for a few weeks till you commit to a place. Do your homework and you will be very happy. Your judgment will help you decide....

Old 04-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would pick palo alto if I were you -- you can always train up to the city for clubbing

Old 04-07-2006, 12:32 AM
workin...

Originally Posted by ajayjuneja
I would pick palo alto if I were you -- you can always train up to the city for clubbing
if you take the train up, plan on getting a hotel for the night or an expensive cab ride down. caltrain stops running at 12:30am or so. then again, if you only party until then maybe you don't need to head up to SF and can enjoy the "scene" in downtown PA hehe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking for a job in Cupertino.where is a cheap place close to SF to live?