Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

got a fix it ticket in palo alto, need advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i get at least one of these a month in palo alto (work there). i just budget it into my monthly expenses at this point. one time i got this ticket 3 (THREE!) times on the same day, on the same street, but the same officer. got the 2 tickets dismissed (just put all 3 into the envelope, a check for 1, and wrote a note).

just pay the damn thing. it's $70, not $700. it doesn't go on your record.

try not to park on the parking lots - they look for the front plates there. also, don't park where your front is visible - park on a street, behind another car. if you can park on a street at an angle, like on California Ave, that works the best.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say you leave the front plate off. Job security for me. J/K. And for whoever thinks stopping someone for no front plate is not fighting crime...? I personally, and know other officers, who have made DUI arrests, drug arrests, warrant arrests, etc., for stopping a car for "silly" things such as no front plate, or a burned out license plate light. All we need is probable cause to stop a car and then go from there. My advice, mount it and it's one less thing to for us to look for.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
I say you leave the front plate off. Job security for me. J/K. And for whoever thinks stopping someone for no front plate is not fighting crime...? I personally, and know other officers, who have made DUI arrests, drug arrests, warrant arrests, etc., for stopping a car for "silly" things such as no front plate, or a burned out license plate light. All we need is probable cause to stop a car and then go from there. My advice, mount it and it's one less thing to for us to look for.
Sounds like profiling to me...Maybe I should hit up the ACLU and file a frivilous lawsuit against the CHP just to waste the money your city makes on writing these idiotic tickets.... I find it curious that you guys can write these ridiculous tickets and make hardworking law abiding citezens' lives more complicated while we have sexual predators roaming the streets and not being punished for the most Heanous crime one can think of.... Go fight some real crime!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:26 AM
What about the cars I see with front plates on the dashboard? Are these guys "legal" or does the plate technically have to be on the front of the car?

Old 04-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by markiev37
Sounds like profiling to me...Maybe I should hit up the ACLU and file a frivilous lawsuit against the CHP just to waste the money your city makes on writing these idiotic tickets.... I find it curious that you guys can write these ridiculous tickets and make hardworking law abiding citezens' lives more complicated while we have sexual predators roaming the streets and not being punished for the most Heanous crime one can think of.... Go fight some real crime!!!!!!!!!!
Slow down there tiger. The CHP doesn't make the laws, they enforce them. I drive without my front plate on, and I'm ready for the reprecussions.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by codeflux
i get at least one of these a month in palo alto (work there). i just budget it into my monthly expenses at this point. one time i got this ticket 3 (THREE!) times on the same day, on the same street, but the same officer. got the 2 tickets dismissed (just put all 3 into the envelope, a check for 1, and wrote a note).

just pay the damn thing. it's $70, not $700. it doesn't go on your record.

try not to park on the parking lots - they look for the front plates there. also, don't park where your front is visible - park on a street, behind another car. if you can park on a street at an angle, like on California Ave, that works the best.
Damn, somebody must have it in for you. Where in Palo Alto do you work? I work on Embarcadero Road here in PA, and my car is always hidden behind my office building. I've been lucky not to get any front plate tickets at this point...

Old 04-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
You're not a "law abiding citizen" driving around with no front plate bro. I don't understand people that refuse to obey the law and then get angry when they're pinched. I don't have a front license plate, but I won't be angry if I get a ticket for it. If you have a problem with the law than work to get the law changed through proper channels. Threatening a frivilous law suit is ridiculous.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Totally unrelated, but if you are patroling the freeway and all cars are exceeding the posted speed limit by 10 MPH, what dictates who you will pull over?

Old 04-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Coreman
What about the cars I see with front plates on the dashboard? Are these guys "legal" or does the plate technically have to be on the front of the car?
Plates on the dashboards are not legal. They have to be mounted on the furthest front part of your car, which of course is the bumper.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
Plates on the dashboards are not legal. They have to be mounted on the furthest front part of your car, which of course is the bumper.
Good info.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Good info.
I know this becuase I've gotten a ticket for it years ago and this was what the copy told me when he was writing my ticket

Old 04-07-2006, 03:40 PM
ClA
My friend signed that **** himself, paid $10, off the hook. They don't even check for $10........

Old 04-08-2006, 12:15 AM

Such rage! You're perfect for the job. Can I send you an application?

Old 04-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry for the ranting and raving..... Had a bad day at the office

Old 04-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Sedan
Sorry for the ranting and raving..... Had a bad day at the office
NP bro. Remember, the Popo is your friend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got a fix it ticket in palo alto, need advice!