Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

got a fix it ticket in palo alto, need advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:59 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got a fix it ticket in palo alto, need advice!

hey guys

so i got a fix it ticket last week in palo alto for not having a front license plate. i went there for lunch, parked my car in the garage off university ave by restoration hw with my car facing a concrete wall and came back to a ticket. thankfully i didn't get nailed for tint. anyway, what's the best way to resolve this? so far i'm looking at a couple of options:

1.) permanently attach the front plate and uglify my car, show it to a cop and pay $10
2.) use double sided tape and stick the plate on when i show my car to an officer and pay $10
3.) pay $75 and not bother with showing it to a cop (i can be cited again though)
4.) buy an attachment that someone makes that hooks up to the tow hook i believe and attach the plate to that. probably will cost $50-75 total + $10 for the ticket (anyone know who makes this??)

any other options? anyone know any police officers that are lenient with this stuff? somehow i doubt that they'd be ticketing ferrari and lambo drivers in palo alto for this sort of thing...

Old 04-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
make your own attachment with parts from home depot, put on the plate, get the ticket signed off, then take off the plate and call it a day.

the double sided tape will work with some cops. other cops will just be more pissed and try to cite you for other stuff.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just put your front plate on and don't even worry about it anymore... it is not worth the hassle.

I got three of those "no front license plate" tickets and finally just got sick of it. My car was parked on the street all three times. Plus I can't stand getting pulled over for little BS things anymore and that my friend is just an open invitation to get messed with.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Just put it on temp and get it signed off. Plates on the front look horrible. I have had mine off my G for a few years and 4 years on my other ride. I only got a ticket once for it. Unless you get another ticket for it in the next month.. you will be fine. You will be off the radar of the cops.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:16 PM
i got a fix it ticket for that bull**** too...so i just put my plates on for good...no more worries bout it

Old 04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Giri, as Chris has mentioned . . . Just mount your front plate. This way you will not have to deal with it anymore and more importantly . . . You will avoid getting written up for other stuff, as well. One thing leads to another. Why give the police a reason to pull you over?

Old 04-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah...I bought the tow hook plate from Stillen. It was $70 dollars.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Don't these priks(spelled wrong on purpose) have anything else better to do....Like fight some real crime... :mad

Old 04-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by markiev37
Don't these priks(spelled wrong on purpose) have anything else better to do....Like fight some real crime... :mad
Dude, it's Palo Alto. There is no real crime.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Giri,

I would do the temp. thing. I hate the way a front plate looks too.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey Giri. I would personally try to do some sort of temporary thing. I have seen people mount the license plate to the lower side bumper vents (either the drivers or passenger vent) using plastic ties which you can just cut later. It was mounted as high up the vent as possible soo maybe about 1-2cm dropped below the bumper. You can give this method a try.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I just spoke to an ex-cop buddy who used to ride with us on sundays...

He said they can actually tow your car if you have gotten it signed off 3 times and get your fourth. Man I am lucky I put mine on. Be careful guys, I don't want to read about fellow G35driver's getting towed over something so petty.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Dude, it's Palo Alto. There is no real crime.
Yeah you sure are right about that!!!! I still think Los Gatos and Campbell cops are the biggest prikks(mispelled again on purpose)....Crime In Los Gatos

Old 04-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
San Jose cops are the worst. Be careful when driving downtown any Friday or Saturday nights. They will get you for anything. They should worry more about the nortenos hanging out on the side of Santa Clara Ave. and all the drunk people coming out of the clubs then to worry about tint, beat n lights on cars. WE are NOT the ones causing the trouble.

SJPD kizz my (_|_)

Old 04-06-2006, 02:41 PM
workin...

hey guys, thanks for the advice. i'm gonna sit on it this weekend and then decide. my gf is letting me use her civic as a daily driver since she's out of town for the next few months, so i might just pay the $75 to avoid the hassle/potential risk of more citations since my car will only be out of the garage on the weekends.

whoohoo for cars with 40+mpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got a fix it ticket in palo alto, need advice!