Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Props to Infiniti Of Serramonte!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Props to Infiniti Of Serramonte!

I had made a service appointment with Pete at Infiniti Of Serramonte some 2 weeks ago for Thursday of last week. It was going to require my leaving my car with the use of a loaner car.

At the very last minute, I had a situation in Los Angeles, which I had to attend to. I didn't wish to leave my G over the weekend at Serramonte's lot. So, I called Pete. Long story short . . . Pete had me bring my car in and they took care of my G's immediate needs within 30 minutes, as I waited. One issue will require a return visit due to my lack of time. I told Pete that I may have to learn with a certain annoying issue. Pete's response . . . "No, you do not have live with that. Bring your car back when you are can and we'll take care of it."

My point is that . . . I love the constant attention with regard to customer service and satisfaction, which Pete and Serramonte has afforded me and my brother. This is one of many very pleasurable visits to Infiniti Of Serramonte. More than not, this type of service always goes unmentioned.

To Pete and the rest of the Infiniti Of Serramonte staff . . . "Thank you! You all have my respect and praises."

Old 04-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do they seem to be pretty lenient with aftermarket additions and their effects on your service/warranty? Another quick question Andy.....do you know how missing your 15k service might effect your warranty? I am at 20k and haven't had a chance to do it yet.....

Old 04-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Serramonte Infiniti sucks when it comes to warranty of radios. Word of advice... If you did any upgrades to your system, you voided your warranty. Im on my 3rd deck and was told nothing can be done since I added aftermarket audio equipment. Other than this issue, they are pretty good. I had a window motor go out after only 16k miles. They replaced it for free. One of the main reasons why i bought the extended 100,000 mile warranty was to protect me against things goofing up on the car.

Overall, I give Serramonte Infiniti a 7 out of 10. (never let em wash ur car)

Old 04-17-2006, 07:48 PM
I go to their parts dept all the time. I ordered the keyhole cover thing and paid 30 bucks for it because he didn't just order the cover but the metal thing inside as well so I had to pay for that thing too. It should've costed half that. I wanted a metal clip for my shifter console and he said I had to order the WHOLE shifter console and the clips would be included... lol.

I got my car at Frontier so I was going to take it there for my major.

Is Serrramonte mod-friendly?

Old 04-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fox233
Do they seem to be pretty lenient with aftermarket additions and their effects on your service/warranty? Another quick question Andy.....do you know how missing your 15k service might effect your warranty? I am at 20k and haven't had a chance to do it yet.....
Todd,

If I alter my car in a fashion, which creates a future problem, I cannot hold anyone else responsible for that problem. That said, before careful on on how you may or maynot mod your car and be prepared for the consequences. For example . . . If I lower my car to the ground and totally foul up the camber and then my tires wear out in some 300 miles, I, in good conscience, cannot not go back to the dealer and say that I have a wear problem with my tires. I know, some dealers are much more lenient than others. Nonetheless, it's still a risk we all take.

I designed a HVAC system with built-in redundancy for the first Pac Bell Internet Services in San Francisco some years ago. After all of the design criteria were meet, we installed the said system. Everything, which I had laid out in my design scope had a reason and purpose for being. Now, if some joker decided to alter or add something, which lead to a PBIS system crash . . . I would most likely not honor my warranty upon further discovery of tapering or related. We honor our designs and work. I have been known to fix some issues, which were due to negligence, for lack of a better term. However, I will not accept any liability (aka taking a bath) for something that is an obvious breach of my design and work.

Hehehe . . . I answered you question in a round about way.

With regard to your service work at the noted mileage. Have you been changing/adding oil among other things? If everything is running fine, simply take your car in for a service. You should be fine. I am at some 15k. I have only had my oil changed at every 2.5k miles. Pete at Serramonte isn't going to sell me a servive, which I don't need. However, while changing my oil, if Pete recommends something to be done, I will heed his advice. As a business person, I understand one thing all but too clearly . . . While attempting to provide first class service, all dealers and businesses in general are trying to limit their future liabilty, as well. This is how businesses stay in business and how everyone maintains their jobs. So, get that service work done quickly.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm taking my car to Serramonte on Friday to have my brake pads changed under warranty...My car is lowered, will the brake pads be covered under warranty at serramonte?

Old 04-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by daniel3ooo
I'm taking my car to Serramonte on Friday to have my brake pads changed under warranty...My car is lowered, will the brake pads be covered under warranty at serramonte?

daniel3ooo,

Hmmm . . . I would have to imagine that would all depend on the nature of your brake pad change/repair request. If the pads are worn due to normal use, I think that it most certainly will not be covered under a standing warranty. I'm curious, what is the nature of the work involved?

To give you an idea . . . My brakes squeak occasionally when I am approaching a stop sign. This annoying sqeak appears when travelling at some 5 to 10 mph when preparing for a stop. Visually, the outer pads have 80% left in them. However, Serramonte will be taking a look at the said for embedment or something of that nature and will hopefully be replacing them. This is one of the items that I did not have time for to be checked last week.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:14 PM
No props

MAN my car has been there for alomost a week!! Having the recall done and a few lil issues. Kind of tired of rollin around the loaner with the BIG Stickers on the back window.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by demented
MAN my car has been there for alomost a week!! Having the recall done and a few lil issues. Kind of tired of rollin around the loaner with the BIG Stickers on the back window.
LOL . . . Next time don't have the recall work performed and take a cab. That should resolve your conflict.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by andy2434
daniel3ooo,

Hmmm . . . I would have to imagine that would all depend on the nature of your brake pad change/repair request. If the pads are worn due to normal use, I think that it most certainly will not be covered under a standing warranty. I'm curious, what is the nature of the work involved?

To give you an idea . . . My brakes squeak occasionally when I am approaching a stop sign. This annoying sqeak appears when travelling at some 5 to 10 mph when preparing for a stop. Visually, the outer pads have 80% left in them. However, Serramonte will be taking a look at the said for embedment or something of that nature and will hopefully be replacing them. This is one of the items that I did not have time for to be checked last week.
I am bringing in my car because I heard the sound the brakes give off when the pads need to be changed therefore I assumed I needed the brake pads to be changed...Theres nothing wrong with the car mechanically it just feels like I need my pads changed...The last time I had them changed was at 15k and now I have 27k...So I would still be under warranty for this kind of job right?

Old 04-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Andy~
I have changed the oil regularly and everything seems to be running fine. The oil change is coming up and I will take it to the dealer and see what they say. The problem I have is that I have heard that the dealers over charge you big time for the 15k service interval. I wonder if I have it done at an outisde shop would it cover me warranty-wise as well as save me some money? Also a lot of the 15k service is simply inspecting things, which I can probably do myself....I guess I will just have to see what Frontier Infiniti says.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
Todd,

You can do pretty much do most or all of the 15k service yourself. I just recently had my engine oil changed at 15k. I will be changing the cabin air filter myself.

Old 04-20-2006, 07:20 PM
So if I do the majority of the 15k service myself do you think they could question me on warranty issues saying that it was done incorrectly?

Old 04-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fox233
So if I do the majority of the 15k service myself do you think they could question me on warranty issues saying that it was done incorrectly?
If you look at the Service and Maitenance Guide . . . There really isn't that much involved at 15k. Everything else is simply an inspection, which I would have to believe is a visual check. Eventually, at some point, I'll have the dealer perform a complete inspection.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I just had some more work done at Infiniti of Serramonte. I gotta say, the place is taking a turn for the better now. The techs and even the service writers even now their stuff! About a year ago,they were pretty crappy....but alot has changed within the last year!