NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Shooting at Southcenter Mall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Anybody else shake their head and sigh when they hear ignorant gun owners share their "insights?"
Psssh. . .everyone is ignorant these days. We live in the day and age of accusing everyone of being ignorant. How do you know BallinG doesn't have proper training in personal/home/family defense? How do you know he doesn't practice monthly with his wife what to do if there were an armed break in at his house? Just because his mentality is that of defending himself and his family with a gun, that makes him ignorant? Please.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know plenty of people who carry at all times, although they never talk about "Oh, that's why I never leave my house without protection, blah blah." I'll be applying for a license myself in the near future, just so you know where I stand. That's all irrelevant here. This shooting has nothing to do with defending your family, or someone breaking into your house. That shooting was a random gang-related incident in a densely populated mall.

If ballinG35 was there, how would there be any need to pull out his gun? If he was with his family, wouldn't the best way to protect them be to get them as far away from there as possible, as quickly as possible? Don't see how any weapon would be of ANY use in that instance.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 03-16-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Drewer
Psssh. . .everyone is ignorant these days. We live in the day and age of accusing everyone of being ignorant. How do you know BallinG doesn't have proper training in personal/home/family defense? How do you know he doesn't practice monthly with his wife what to do if there were an armed break in at his house? Just because his mentality is that of defending himself and his family with a gun, that makes him ignorant? Please.

Thank you. I don't beleive my statement was ignorant. This happened in a public place where families are all around, that's why my statement was what it was. What I said was not only directed at this incident, it's about how there are too many stupid people running around doing things that put many people in danger. Obviously the best thing to do is get your family as far away as possible, but do you ALWAYS have that option? Triple8, you just have something against me, that's all that is. I'm an adult and don't have time for childish grudges.....

Last edited by ballinG35; 03-16-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I know plenty of people who carry at all times, although they never talk about "Oh, that's why I never leave my house without protection, blah blah." I'll be applying for a license myself in the near future, just so you know where I stand. That's all irrelevant here. This shooting has nothing to do with defending your family, or someone breaking into your house. That shooting was a random gang-related incident in a densely populated mall.

If ballinG35 was there, how would there be any need to pull out his gun? If he was with his family, wouldn't the best way to protect them be to get them as far away from there as possible, as quickly as possible? Don't see how any weapon would be of ANY use in that instance.
I understand where you're coming from and the point you're trying to make. You just got the brunt of the "I'm tired of people thinking everyone is ignorant because of one sentence."

However, we can't really live based on speculation. Different people would do different things in a true "life or death" situation. Also, with all the mall shootings, campus shootings, any shootings, it's no surprise that average joe citizen is thinking about what they would do in those situations. I hate to say it, but I still wouldn't call someone ignorant for wanting to be a hero, defend justice, protect the innocent, be a real man, if they were faced with the choice to shoot a crook or risk their family's lives.

p.s. When are we going shooting?

Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm down for a "shoot meet"

Old 03-17-2008, 02:40 AM
What I'm saying is that this thread is about one specific incident. John Rambo doesn't apply here. But Drew, I think you're right...I prob misused the ignorant label in this instance. I've got nothing against you, ballinG35...I just interact with you the same way I do with anyone else that has left me with the same impression you have.

Anyways, I've talked with quite a few members about a meet at the range, and there def seems to be interest. I figured we'd do it after GG, so I'll bring it up again later

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 03-17-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:58 AM
Well to clear things up on my end, I didn't mean for my comments to come off as being a hero. I am not one who likes conflict, I do my best to avoid it at all cost, it's just sometimes you are left no choice.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
The shooting happened outside right? Or inside also? If inside, I would "think" it would be extremely difficult to pull your gun, determine exactly who represents the greatest threat (considering they aren't specifically aiming at you before you pull your gun out) and NOT shoot an innocent bystander yourself. (ie, if you miss your target in a crowded resturant/mall, where does the bullet go?)

Old 03-17-2008, 01:30 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Safe to say they were either Asian or black....
cause whites, latinos and others can't own and shoot guns?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by absolutg
cause whites, latinos and others can't own and shoot guns?
You're obviously not familiar with the nearby surrounding area and the punks that roam that mall.