NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

Beaverton Infiniti in Oregon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaverton Infiniti in Oregon

Has anyone here had experience with this dealership? Are they an honest dealership with a competant service department, or have people had some bad experiences with them? One thing I do not like about this dealership is that they put an underbody coating on all of their new cars as soon as they get them - and charge the customer $1,500 dollars for this treatment. The only way to avoid this charge is to special order a car, so there is no buying a vehicle off the lot if you don't want to be charged $1,500. Is this the case with most Infiniti dealerships, or is Beaverton Infiniti the exception to the rule?

Thanks,
Prolix

Old 10-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Re: Beaverton Infiniti in Oregon

We bought our in Dec. 2004, I think they are GREAT. We went to kirkland in Wa and had nothing but problems. We called Beaverton and finally agreed on a price and drove down and picked it up. As far as the coating goes sorry i cant help you there.
Diane

Old 10-23-2004, 10:53 PM

I was there today and they suck like crap. Bunch of ripoffs. They low ball you on your car and never lower the price on the new one. They play with the number to think you are getting a good deal but in reality, they are just getting you. I would never ever buy a car from them turkeys. Isn't there a decent dealership in the NW that would give a good deal? DAMN!

Old 10-24-2004, 12:37 AM

Well, with one glowing report and one utterly negative one, I am just as ambivalent about this dealership as before I posted. Diane - if you bought a new car from them, then you paid the $1.500 charge for the undercoating and silicone treatment for the paint. I think these treatments are unnecessary and just a way for the dealership to make some extra money, but I don't know how widespread this practice is among Infiniti dealerships. The warrenty on a new car covers rust damage already, so paying for an undercoating to protect against rust seems redundant. I guess I should call around to some other dealerships in the NW and see if this practice is common.

Prolix

Old 10-24-2004, 02:48 AM

Well the car was identicle to the one in Kirkland only difference was interior color. Price was the same at both dealerships. Kirkland didn't want to budge on the price but Beaverton came down over $1500. There was no mention of any extra charges for under coatings.

Old 10-24-2004, 04:03 AM

The undercoating fee would be listed on your invoice as "Northwest Protection Package". However, you said they came down in price $1,500, which is just what they charge for the undercoating and silicone treatment on the paint, so maybe they waived this fee for you. However, if you still have the original invoice (that was affixed to the window of the car), you should still see it listed there.

I just noticed that near the bottom of page 2 of this regional forum, there is another thread about Beaverton Infiniti, and someone there complains about this "rust treatment" undercoating that the dealership applies to all their cars. Several people on this other thread had less-than-positive things to say about this dealership, while at the same time praising Kirkland Infiniti. I guess I will call Kirkland and ask them if they force all their customers to pay for unnecessary undercoating treatments.

Prolix

Old 10-24-2004, 05:48 PM

I ordered my 04 coupe and was able to get it without the NW package from Beaverton Infiniti. I'm not really impressed with their service department and so I started to go to Beaverton Nissan for maintenance.

Old 10-24-2004, 09:44 PM

"I ordered my 04 coupe and was able to get it without the NW package from Beaverton Infiniti."

Yes, like I said in my original post, the only way to get a new car from Beaverton Infiniti without the NW package is to order it. By the time their cars hit the lot, it is too late - they have all had the undercoating applied to them.

"I'm not really impressed with their service department and so I started to go to Beaverton Nissan for maintenance."

You can not get maintenance, or any other work, that is covered under the warrenty done at a Nissan dealer - has to be an Infiniti dealer. Are you paying for maintenance that is covered under the warrenty?

Prolix

Old 10-25-2004, 10:34 PM

Nope, no "northwest protection package" on my invoice. I'm happy with the deal I got. Kirkland wouldn't budge on their price probably because they have a monopoly here in Washington.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure Nissan can't do warranty work? I know with my pontiac, they said any GM dealer can do warranty work. On my dad's chevy, he regularly took it to a buick dealer cause it's closer.

And I did not buy from Beaverton Infiniti. They wouldn't budge off MSRP+1500, while Kirkland wouldn't budge off MSRP. (this is for coupe... Both would only deal on sedan)

I went with Grubbs.

Old 10-26-2004, 01:40 AM

Ok, I should have said I've been getting my oil changes done at Beaverton Nissan. My car has only had the first major service and I had that done at Beaverton Infiniti. They charged me $60 listed as a tire rotation, but since you can't rotate the tires they charged me $60 for checking the balance and tire pressure. When I pressed them they refused to take it off my invoice. Plus I asked them not to wash my car, which they did anyways and now I've got some serious swirls in my paint.

So I try to not give them any of my money...but if it's true that warranty work has to be done at an Infiniti dealer then I guess I have very few choices, unless I want to make a long drive.

Old 10-26-2004, 02:12 AM

Diane said - "Kirkland wouldn't budge on their price probably because they have a monopoly here in Washington."

Well, Kirkland Infiniti might have a monopoly in Kirkland, but it doesn't have a monopoly in Washington because there are 3 dealerships in the state. Here in Oregon, Beaverton Infiniti is the only dealership in the whole state, so if any dealership has a monopoly, it is Beaverton Infiniti.

avs007 said - "Are you sure Nissan can't do warranty work?"

Yes I'm sure. I live in Eugene, and since there is no Infiniti dealership here, I was hoping the local Nissan dealership could do the warranty work on the car. I called them and they said while they would be happy to have my business and their mechanics could fix anything that might go wrong with the car, they cannot perform any warranty work on the car. So I pray I do not get a car that has a string of things going wrong with it because every trip to the dealership will be a 2 hour drive for me. I was going to get a G35c last year, but I didn't feel comfortable having to drive 2 hrs for warranty service, so I held off...........now one year later I am still in love with the looks of this car, so I am going to get one and hope it is relatively problem free. I'm hoping the 2005's will have less of the problems that have been an issue with the '03 and '04 model years (squeaks & rattles, window motor problems, etc.)

Prolix

Old 10-26-2004, 02:30 AM

As far as I know, there's only 2 Infiniti dealers in Washington and they are part of the same dealership (Kirkland and Fife).

Old 10-26-2004, 06:30 AM

I didn't realize that the dealerships in Fife and Kirkland are owned by the same people. There is a third dealership in Washington - Wendle Infiniti in Spokane.

Prolix

Old 10-26-2004, 11:14 AM

I didn't know about the dealership in Spokane and the dealership in Fife didn't exist last December. So I guess they were the only one here in western Washington. I just didn't like the way we were treated in Kirkland. It could have been my age I guess and he probably didn't think we were serious about buying a car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beaverton Infiniti in Oregon