Not G35 Related Post your items here that are not G35-related.

FS: iPhone 3G UNLOCKED / JAILBROKEN / TETHERING ENABLED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FS: iPhone 3G UNLOCKED / JAILBROKEN / TETHERING ENABLED

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320390007657
BY IT NOW $350, LIKE NEW, UNDER WARRANTY, UNLOCKED, JAILBROKEN AND TETHERING ENABLED.

-RILEY

*same phone as before but i unlocked/jailbroke and enabled tethering before ATT officially allows/enables... put at buy it now and redid auction.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know if this will work on the Verizon network? And would it require any type of data service to work on their network?

Thanks
Jeremy

Old 06-27-2009, 04:20 PM
verizon is CDMA im pretty sure, this phone is GSM which will not work. needs GSM service to work..

Old 06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
It will not work with Verizon or sprint.....

Old 06-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Just what kind of "Warranty" is it under? Apple doesn't cover "Jailbroke" phones.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Just what kind of "Warranty" is it under? Apple doesn't cover "Jailbroke" phones.
YES, but if you restore the phone back to original settings it is under apple warranty..

apple does not warranty jailbroken/unlocked phones while they are unlocked/jailbroken.. plug the phone into itunes and click restore.. wait 3 minutes and its fixed...

even "bricked" phones can be restored with ease.

thank you for your concern tho, do you even have an unlocked/jailbroken iphone or your just speaking from inexperience?

Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes I own an I phone, no it's not jail broken. Believe me, ATT will know if you tether this phone. It's very easy for them to tell and as they have no tethering program for the iPhone at this time, they will smack you good. JMHO.

BTW, yes I know it can be restored, but what happens when you are on T-mobile and you restore it back to ATT (the ONLY authorized company)? You are not activated on ATT and you send the phone in for warranty work, what do you suppose they (Apple) is going to do?

Old 06-28-2009, 02:49 PM
^ My camera on my iphone went out a few months ago. My phone was unlocked and jailbroken. I restored my phone to see if it was a software issue, it wasnt and my camera would still not work. I put my old old unactivaited att sim inside, it "activated" the phone. Took it to Apple, explained to them that I use it as my ipod and for wifi. Apple gave me a new iphone.

They will cover you, just dont take your phone jailbroken to them, always restore and backup your data before you take it to them.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Yes I own an I phone, no it's not jail broken. Believe me, ATT will know if you tether this phone. It's very easy for them to tell and as they have no tethering program for the iPhone at this time, they will smack you good. JMHO.

BTW, yes I know it can be restored, but what happens when you are on T-mobile and you restore it back to ATT (the ONLY authorized company)? You are not activated on ATT and you send the phone in for warranty work, what do you suppose they (Apple) is going to do?
again mr "doesnt know what the hell he is talking about" when you take the phone to apple.. they dont check if you have service, just when the phone was purchased... they are liable for the product as an electronic and warranty its function, they do not give a rats *** about your ATT contract whether it exists or does not. i have had like 11 original iPhones, 15 3G's and i have 2 3GS's why? because whenever anything happens to it i walk into apple and tell them what im not happy about, they bring a new phone out and hand it to me and i sign a sheet of paper saying i swapped phones and i walk out.. when i get home i plug it in my laptop and its back to new.. sync'd and ready to go.

Tethering is enabled and i have been tethering my iphone with AT&T for over a year now.. let me look at my plan... hmm.. let me look at my overages.. hmm.. there are no overages and my plan is the same 125.67 every month.

again, i am not the guy that comes in and gives people a hard time, but when you come into someone's thread and talk about something you have no clue on.. then i get defensive..

Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 AM
i am actually excited to see your next response tho.. since you've put your foot in your mouth a few times now rattling off what you have no clue about..

Old 06-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Tethering your iPhone

Skip to 2:25

Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
just dropped a Tmobile sim in it... says Tmobile at the top and everything hahaha.. soo sick!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by rijowysock
i am actually excited to see your next response tho.. since you've put your foot in your mouth a few times now rattling off what you have no clue about..
If it works for you, I'm happy for you. I tend to stay on the legal side of things. But good luck with your sale. Had any offers yet?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:11 PM
If it works for you, I'm happy for you. I tend to stay on the legal side of things. But good luck with your sale. Had any offers yet?
legal? its not illegal.. your just changing the software on something YOU bought and then correcting if you have any problems..

thats like you buying a G35.... putting rims on it.. and then when something goes wrong you put the stock wheels back on..

i sold the phone outside ebay for 350 yesterday, hence why auction ended and its working perfectly now on the guys tmobile network.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 AM
hey rijowysock i know you said you just sold the phone but if you have another one come up can you please pm me i need one asap!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: iPhone 3G UNLOCKED / JAILBROKEN / TETHERING ENABLED