Hey guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys

I know it's been a while since I saw or talked to any of you, but that doesn't mean I've been avoiding the car scene I spent most of my weekends this summer at local drift/autox events and practices or making my own in the parking lot at a local abandoned mall (cops come and watch sometimes, lol). I was posting the events over on the Z forums (I'm far more active there) rather than here; dunno why I could never get in the habit of both.

I started this year with AutoX and when I first went drifting in June I got the bug. I still tried to fight it when setting the car up for events, but once the local PCA club's lot kicked them out I was no longer left a choice of AutoX and the addiction grew rapidly, lol.

To help fuel my addiction, Champion is hosting a sponsorship contest. Not sure how I'll fair against some of these amazing videos, but I'm certainly going to try Link if you're interested in helping or just seeing what I've been up to this year ->
http://contest.alwaysachampion.com/c...1011872/null/4

Basically I wanted to say "hi" and give a little background on myself as I really hope to see more of you guys this year. Most of the events I've seen though are planned in/around Columbus, which equates to 3-4 hours of driving Akron sucks, haha.

In case some of you were lost in my ADD:
1) Very active in the car scene
2) Drifting addiction
3) Champion's sponsorship contest
4) Hi

Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
Old 01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
hello!! hopefully i get to meet yo as well!!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
3-4 hrs? that it? I do that every time I come up from Louisville....u can do ett! But on a latter note, hope to meet u some time also. And i think u should challenge the cops to an autocross event!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Hey! I just posted a link for the vote on our OGC facebook page. Good luck!

and l btw, I drive from Cbus to Akron for events during the summer, and its only 2.5 hours. I even dated a girl once that lived up there!

so bottom line, you have to come out! Especially for this-> https://g35driver.com/forums/ohio-g-...ct-2012-a.html

Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 PM
The cops never did participate; they just watch for a bit I can't do much in Autox anymore without getting under the car; the rear end won't stick well, lol. I had some stop me and talk to me after I was done drifting around light poles one time. Apparently someone had just wrapped their car the weekend before by doing the same thing, lol. They started off like I was in trouble, but once I stepped out of the car with a helmet and had to unbuckle a 6 point I think they figured I knew what I was doing and started chatting with me

As for the times, I'm talking round trip. I came out to Slomo in 2010, but in 2011 it was the same weekend as a drift practice and drifting is too much fun to pass up :P Though I think this year I'll relax a little on it as there should be more events, so I can take care of the itch more often

The rally sounds like fun I'll have to find a navigator good with directions...that means I have to find someone other than my gf, rofl.

Thanks for the link, every little bit helps! 50k certainly would cover quite a few drifting expenses

Old 01-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
^One thing about the core OGC members is that they love to drive. I dated my wife when she lived in cincy and I lived in columbus. I drove back in forth for quite a while before we go married. I love seat time in my G.
That is cool that the police were cool with you about it. We have an empty parking lot near by I would love to get some autox happening there.
There are some good guys that live up your way, such as Max and Grant...as well as some other guys that I cant think of right away.
The rally will cover OH555 and it can make a passenger motion sickness because it is the sickest road in Ohio! hahahaaa I am most likely coming up to the Cars cruising for Cancer in NE Ohio. Check them out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/209240332450522/
If I do, I hope to meet up with you and hang out! If nothing else, go sideways! hahahahaa

Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 PM
^^That's cool. It's not the first or last time I'll deal with them related to these events. I always approach them as soon as I see them and just start talking. Usually they're cool and they strongly support keeping the events in a parking lot, but they're there because someone called =\

If you can think of a way to raise money to pay for the insurance (about $500 per event), or if you want to front it until the events start making enough money to pay for it, the rest is typically easy. Most places want proof of insurance first, and then sometimes they'll allow you to use for free or in exchange for you donating certain portions to a charity or church they support. Other times they may want something like 1.5-2k for use of the lot...if that's the case just find a new lot, lol.