Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't see any reason why not. What do you think Tom? Do you think more than one 350GT at TDI's will be needed to outshine all those 350Z's

My mobile no. is 07801 669833

Last edited by Airsoft Andy; 03-07-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Don't see any reason why not. What do you think Tom? Do you think more than one 350GT at TDI's will be needed to outshine all those 350Z's

My mobile no. is 07801 669833
I thought we were going on friday week Rob?

I could still make tomorrow if all are going then?

Slightly confused???

Old 03-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Only going to see whats going on PJ,and a chance to meet Andy and Tom,be good to see you there as well !!!
Still on for friday for the parts !!!
Dont think tommorow is a good day to start taking parts from Toms motor ??

Last edited by reelybroke; 03-07-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
Like i say mine was 5AT so i have the same brakes . Problem is the distance from Blackpool to Lakeside Thurrock Let me know if you need them.
I really appreciate the offer but I cant get down to Thurrock as I have took my motor off the road.

You could still really help me out though. I think that a 350z 2003 non brembo is a match for brakes and pads and i have had EBC on the phone to confirm. The guy at EBC reckons the pads are different though on the G35 to the 350GT so now i am not sure again. Apparantely they are very different to look at and he asked me to take them off and photograph one to confirm. Would you be able to take a photo of one of the pads and the disks and measure them for me. Will be a great help.

He is recomending redstuff over greens and i can get them with EBC drilled and grooved rotors for less than £200 and get the work done for only £40 early next week if i order for next day delivery this weekend. Well impressed!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Andy/Tom
Is it ok to gate crash TDI tommorow ??????????? Just to meet you guys ????
Rob

Of couse mate it would be good to meet you. I will be there from 10- 2ish.

See you there

Old 03-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Skylineowners.com flyer through door

Just had someone hand post a skylineowners.com flyer through the door hand delivered. Quite shocked as there never seemed to be anything but flames on there for the 350GT, not a real skyline etc.

I have no idea who it was and they were gone by the time i got to the door. Maybe they miss you guys

Old 03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by sandgrownun
I really appreciate the offer but I cant get down to Thurrock as I have took my motor off the road.

You could still really help me out though. I think that a 350z 2003 non brembo is a match for brakes and pads and i have had EBC on the phone to confirm. The guy at EBC reckons the pads are different though on the G35 to the 350GT so now i am not sure again. Apparantely they are very different to look at and he asked me to take them off and photograph one to confirm. Would you be able to take a photo of one of the pads and the disks and measure them for me. Will be a great help.

He is recomending redstuff over greens and i can get them with EBC drilled and grooved rotors for less than £200 and get the work done for only £40 early next week if i order for next day delivery this weekend. Well impressed!

I ordered and fitted G35 pads from the US onto my car and fitted no problem. They were Hawk pads from Racing Brake. So there is no difference from G35 and 350GT. (Im talking about the non-brembos though)

Last edited by uk350gt; 03-07-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by uk350gt
I ordered and fitted G35 pads from the US onto my car and fitted no problem. They were Hawk pads from Racing Brake. So there is no difference from G35 and 350GT. (Im talking about the non-brembos though)
Thats reassuring. Thanks. Im off the road now so need to get sorted so dont want to wait for a US delivery. Has anyone run on EBC drilled and grooved and Redstuff pads? Are they ok? I can have them by Monday/Tuesday, fitted Wednesday, im lost without my wheels.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by sandgrownun
Just had someone hand post a skylineowners.com flyer through the door hand delivered. Quite shocked as there never seemed to be anything but flames on there for the 350GT, not a real skyline etc.

I have no idea who it was and they were gone by the time i got to the door. Maybe they miss you guys

I hang around with some of the old skyline owners on there and they are more than happy for us to chip in, trouble is as always there is a handfull of people who have nothing constructive to say and just end up getting your back up. I did request that kieth the site owner (big chief) starts a 350gt sub heading but i don't think it is as easy as that .

I think this site is better anyhow as it offers us far more in information etc.

The flyer you got through the door was it 'skylineowners.com' or 'skyline owners club.com' as they are two different sites who are at logger heads with each other. IMHO the first one is the better site.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:00 PM
It was Skylineowners.com. i have been talking to the guy who posted it tonight and he walks his dog past my car. Hes a rep for my region so am quite impressed. I wanted to attend a meet last year but another rep was going on about the V35 not being a real skyline etc I so just couldnt be bothered in the end.

ive driven imports for about 10 years now and part of the attraction for me was the online community. I was so disheartened when I joined that forum only to be ignored. no worries, this is where its at:-)

would be nice if there was more of us so we can build up a knowledge base between us overtime. I know theres the US community but i really struggle searching for stuff with thousands of results every time. Maybe i am just cr@p :-)

Old 03-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by gregthay
TDI - is that the place in Barking?
If we are still thinking of places to meet, I plan to be at a number of the summer shows. We should see if one of them is good for a number of us - especially the big ones like Japfest or the various ones at Santa Pod or Silverstone.

Thats the one greg, its more thurrock than Barking though, here is the link to their site.
http://www.tdi-plc.com/
Tom

Old 03-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Hey Tom & Rob. It was great to meet you guys. And I thought I was the oldest 350GT owner . Only joking guys. It was good to put a face to the names and to see your car in the flesh Rob. TDi guys were very friendly & helpful. I forgot to ask to see the front grille Tom, do you have a pic of it?

Hope the attached pic is of some help to you Rob

Attached Thumbnails To all uk owners-door.jpg  
Old 03-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the pic Andy,yes it was great to meet you and Tom,and to put faces to the threads !!!!!
Having a problem getting the video to load from Daves mobile but we still have it and will keep trying, got to see what it looks like on the pc,has got to be worth watching just for the back fire.
To all the 350z owners at TDI today,you have got some very serious cars there guys !!!!
What are you saying about age Andy ????? Old and proud of it !!!
Rob
PS awesome exhaust Andy,what a sweet sound !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by reelybroke; 03-08-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Yep it was a shock to meet two older owners. Im gonna have to find some younger owners of my age to hang around with.

Cant wait for the summer where us and a few others can meet up, have a few beers and talk cars at a show somewhere (probably one of the santapod shows).

Yes TDI's are always happy to give you time to talk about any issues you may have about your car. Im sure you will agree their unit is one of the best equiped and cleanest you will find anywhere. Its a shame Mark Catchpole the owner wasn't there today. When i booked my car in there to be done i knew it wasn't the cheapest but i liked the setup and their enthusiasm towards working on my car, their qualifications are second to none.

Andy here is my Gialla grille. It is a genuine one not a copy, IMO they are the only grilles that fit the car exactly. Im selling it as the top secret bumper i have bought has the grille incorperated into it already. It also has the 350gt emblem on it which i had to buy from Japan as well.

God i miss driving my car

BTW thats my son in the picture

Old 03-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Guys
Looking into possibly buying one of these in the near future, currently drive a soarer,
sound like a good idea?
any owners from the yorkshire area?
cheers
Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners