Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i ran out to try the button as soon as i read it too.. no joy tho, just seems like its disconnected stupid mirrors.

managed to find the G35 manual online, read a fair bit of it and its totally different.. i wish this had the homelink & heated seats too lol but i did manage to get my mpg screen up.. well km/l with a funky green leaf which is quite good cus it'll stop me from keeping my foot down all the time!

still havnt managed to sort bluetooth out.. did some reading on everything else.. like autodj & carwings.. sounds amazing but only avli in Japan.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
my life just got worse!
My car has just been broken into

Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Syrus
lol i ran out to try the button as soon as i read it too.. no joy tho, just seems like its disconnected stupid mirrors.

managed to find the G35 manual online, read a fair bit of it and its totally different.. i wish this had the homelink & heated seats too lol but i did manage to get my mpg screen up.. well km/l with a funky green leaf which is quite good cus it'll stop me from keeping my foot down all the time!

still havnt managed to sort bluetooth out.. did some reading on everything else.. like autodj & carwings.. sounds amazing but only avli in Japan.
Hi syrus.
Is it a switch or a button ??????????????????????
Next to my trunk release and VDC button I have a blank switch,but just to the left of this cluster I have this little magic button that will press in and then press for out ????? But still have not got the faintest idea what it does ??????
Greg it doesnt do anything for my lights in any mode and it dont put the mirrors down in reverse.Just maybe Renault made this bit too

Old 03-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
For whats its worth I have just managed to get a translated 350gt manual for JDM model,still waiting for it to arrive when it does will let you all know if it is any good.The USA G35 manual is ok but very different and not a lot of good to JDM models.
Now you tell me! Just received delivery, via USA, of a G35 workshop manual on CD Rom, thinkin it might be an interactive easy to use version. But no, it's exactly the same as I can download from this forum (doh!) . Never mind. At least it didn't cost that much.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by xover
my life just got worse!
Oh Christ, no! I feel for you mate. Does yours not have an alarm then? Much damage?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Which one of you limeys just bought Toms doors from TDi then?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Wasn't me!
Mind you my drivers door is now playing up....

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by xover
my life just got worse!
omg.. thats so harsh! hope there wasnt much damage!

Originally Posted by reelybroke
Hi syrus.
Is it a switch or a button ??????????????????????
Next to my trunk release and VDC button I have a blank switch,but just to the left of this cluster I have this little magic button that will press in and then press for out ????? But still have not got the faintest idea what it does ??????
its a switch, same as yours, sorry for the confusion. theres a little slot on it for it to light up.. but doesnt come on whichever way i flick the switch.. tis a shame!

am thinkin bout modding the car a little bit, mainly the DIY stuff round the forum - like painting headlight housing black, and getting rid of the little orange cover as well.. but wondering if anyones modded theirs? cus id like to get a ings+1 front lip but dont know if that would mean that id have to get a ings+1 bumper too or would the stock be fine? (new to the whole modding scene )

Old 03-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Oh Christ, no! I feel for you mate. Does yours not have an alarm then? Much damage?
Completely gutted!
sitting at home last night and heard a noise. Then an alarm. In the past I would not respond but since reading "tipping point" I went to investigate. Sure enough my worst fears were confirmed as I saw a lookout watching over my car with its light flashing. I was to far away to do anything but shout which thankfully scared them off.
Luckily ( if there is anything positive about being robbed ) only the drivers side door window was broken. They took all of £15 in coins maximum. FYI nothing was on show and the cat alarm is in clear view AND it was sitting next to an 03 audi and bmw 5 series.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Which one of you limeys just bought Toms doors from TDi then?
that would be me.
As you know I have been after the passenger side window regulator for some time but last nights events put me in a desprate situation. I asked for just the parts I required but they would only sell the whole door so I bought both
If there is a part you want pm me. More than willing to share

I don't think anyone was holding out for any parts but if so I aplogies and am more than willing to meet up.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by mov
theres a button for the mirrors bottom right of the steering wheel just to the left of the boot and vdc switch
in my US manual it states that switch is an instrument lighting controller. However the diagram shows a wheel not a switch. Mine is a switch with a small light on it. I turned it on but nothing happened reversing etc... However when my car was under a rail bridge the little light turned on.... Not that I noticed anything else

Top of a bad couple of days my broadband is up the spout! Doing all this on my phone

Yes I'm an addict.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi OJ really sorry to hear about the break in,hope you get fixed with Toms doors.If you auction the other parts I bet you will end quids in.
Seems like we all need door actuators(is the spelling right Andy ????)
Maybe someone out there can do a bulk deal,has anyone any idea how much they cost as a new part from Nissan/Renault??? And more importantly how much to fit.
What is it with our cars,went out in mine yesterday,yes it was below freezing and the CD player decides to send out error messages ,eject discs put them back in again,still keep getting the same messages,gave up went indoors.Came out 4 hours later ,now a lot warmer and all worked purfectly !!!
I love this car to bits but the reliability issues are begining to pain

Old 03-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi all,
I picked up my 350gt couple of weeks ago. Love it. I wanted something a bit nippy with 4 seats as I got 2 small kids. My cousin, who drives a 350Z, recommended the 350gt. Told me it was the same as his car but with 2 rear seats.
I got a silver 03 auto with premium I think (leather, steering control, DVD, SAT NAV, pop up screen).
Also I have the same problem with the reversing mirrors. The switch next to the VDC / boot release has been remapped to my fog light (switch lights up when on). So I guessed it deactivated my reversing mirrors. There is a switch to the bottom left of my steering (on/off) which activates the passenger’s and driver’s floor light. I thought it was quite cool.
Couple of questions if I may. . . .
1. I only have 1 key. It is a red key. Is this the valet key as I cannot lock the glove compartment? Currently have to insert key to open and lock. I’ve read somewhere that there is a black master key with built in remote or possible FOB.
2. When pressing the’ lock all door’ button on the driver side, only the passenger side locks. I have to manually slide the drivers lock switch to lock all doors. But both side unlocks when I press ‘unlock all door’ button. Is this normal?
3. Does the DVD player work if I put in a DVD with the correct region code (Japan)?
Thank you all!
Kin.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:24 PM
mov
Originally Posted by kiNNy350GT
Hi all,
I picked up my 350gt couple of weeks ago. Love it. I wanted something a bit nippy with 4 seats as I got 2 small kids. My cousin, who drives a 350Z, recommended the 350gt. Told me it was the same as his car but with 2 rear seats.
I got a silver 03 auto with premium I think (leather, steering control, DVD, SAT NAV, pop up screen).
Also I have the same problem with the reversing mirrors. The switch next to the VDC / boot release has been remapped to my fog light (switch lights up when on). So I guessed it deactivated my reversing mirrors. There is a switch to the bottom left of my steering (on/off) which activates the passenger’s and driver’s floor light. I thought it was quite cool.
Couple of questions if I may. . . .
1. I only have 1 key. It is a red key. Is this the valet key as I cannot lock the glove compartment? Currently have to insert key to open and lock. I’ve read somewhere that there is a black master key with built in remote or possible FOB.
2. When pressing the’ lock all door’ button on the driver side, only the passenger side locks. I have to manually slide the drivers lock switch to lock all doors. But both side unlocks when I press ‘unlock all door’ button. Is this normal?
3. Does the DVD player work if I put in a DVD with the correct region code (Japan)?
Thank you all!
Kin.
welcome to the club

1 there is a master key black fob it locks/unlocks/boot release
2 it should lock/unlock both doors
3 not tried the japanese region dvd but if anyone has please let me know

mine is also an 03 5at in silver had it derestricted a while ago for the autobahn (NCS SYSTEMS) in donnington

Old 03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by mov
welcome to the club

1 there is a master key black fob it locks/unlocks/boot release
2 it should lock/unlock both doors
3 not tried the japanese region dvd but if anyone has please let me know

mine is also an 03 5at in silver had it derestricted a while ago for the autobahn (NCS SYSTEMS) in donnington
Hi

You purchased a delimter from NCS systems? Did you fit it yourself? If so, how easy was it and how do you know it worked ?

Thanks because I am going to buy one of these.

Stu.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners