Old 04-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Great idea Tom,must be somewhere close by where we can all meet up
rumour has it Andy has a country house some where up there

Do you think he can lay on some bacon sarnies before we start rolling

Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys - what do you think your 350's are producing interms of bhp ATW's?
Got mine dyno'd at Triton yesterday. Its std apart from JWT Popcharger and Fujitsubu exhaust system. What do you think it made?? The answer may surprise you....

Old 04-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by gregthay
Got mine dyno'd at Triton yesterday. Its std apart from JWT Popcharger and Fujitsubu exhaust system. What do you think it made?? The answer may surprise you....
Come on greg tell us ,my guess is around 310 bhp,I always thought mine was trawling a bit bigger than the 280 bhp stated as standard,but then thats the gentlemens agreement over in Japan ???
I think Andy would do bacon sarnies,but at what cost ???????????
Mac andy frys !!!

Last edited by reelybroke; 04-06-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Be interested to see the figures and dyno chart as our cars are pretty average at producing torque, which is where the power comes from. The torque line tends to drop away
I don't trust any bhp from a rolling road (im guessing its what they used) because you can only calculate the bhp at the wheels and its a very controvertial calculation. Get it on the one that bolts onto the hub and this will produce the true figures. Like this 'Rototest dyno,
http://www.tdi-plc.com/index.php?pge=C_dynocam

Old 04-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
We should all meet up somewhere say 10/15 miles away and convoy in
I totally agree as long as it's south of the venue, cos after driving some 3 to 4 hours to get there I won't be too happy about doing more mileage to the meet point

rumour has it Andy has a country house some where up there
HA! and double HA! I wish.
Got one in Worthing instead

Originally Posted by ukgt
Do you think he can lay on some bacon sarnies before we start rolling
I'd be happy to buy you guys a bacon sarnie...just remember me when we find a bar

Old 04-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Well, I know what mines doing with near enough the same mods
But not sure how accurate the rolling road was. As Tom says, should really be done on a Rototest dyno. Mine was checked last month .

Old 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Hey OJ. Great to meet you on Sunday . Got home ok, after having a race on the M4 with an M6 BMW Coupe. I think he was just toying with me, cos he had more power. But hey, it was fun.
Had a go at removing the actuator tonight, but there's one connection I just can't figure out. It's the short cable that runs from the actuator to a black bracket thats fixed to the outer skin of the door. Anyhow I'm sure I'll work it out soon.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:50 PM
If I said that the Dyno Dynamics 2/4WD Rolling Road @ Triton Motorsport came out with an average figure of 253.4bhp at the flywheel - you'd be surprised.

Like I was!

I was expecting to hit around the 280 mark as its a) a 6spd manual and b) has (you'd think) better air intake with the JWT Popcharger and better expiration with the Fujitsubu S/S exhaust system.

My feeling is that the ECU is not quite mapped properly for UK fuel. Looking at the average torque curve, its pretty linear upto near the rev limit where it tails off as you would expect.

Any other thoughts?

Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
That would explain...I suppose! When I checked mine out on a website power converter it came out at 266.8 at the fly . My rear wheel reading was 225, but the rolling road guy said that 225 equates to 290 to 300 at the fly . I think we all need clarification. I'll be arranging a rolling road day at TDI in a couple of months, so I'll get an acurate reading.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Hey OJ. Great to meet you on Sunday . Got home ok, after having a race on the M4 with an M6 BMW Coupe. I think he was just toying with me, cos he had more power. But hey, it was fun.
Had a go at removing the actuator tonight, but there's one connection I just can't figure out. It's the short cable that runs from the actuator to a black bracket thats fixed to the outer skin of the door. Anyhow I'm sure I'll work it out soon.
Hey Andy!
Really good seeing you and your car! gave me a couple of ideas as to how to mod my car... Although I can see that happening like I planned for the summer as I am broke after buy everything off Tom's old car

look forward to meeting again

Old 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Managed to get the final connection of the actuator out today, so it's time to return the door to it's rightful owner . Saturday afternoon if thats ok with you OJ .

Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Skyline meet sounds amazing! anyone gonna be competing? I dont think i'll have enough mods to show off lol, but will be good fun to spectate
Luckily its quite close too, like probably a 20 min drive or so.. but mite be travelling too.. hopefully will be here tho.

Originally Posted by Airsoft Andy
Managed to get the final connection of the actuator out today, so it's time to return the door to it's rightful owner . Saturday afternoon if thats ok with you OJ .
seen alot of people talking about the actuator, have no clue what it is but sounds like a common problem.. anything i need to be worried about?

Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi Syrus,skyline day will be brilliant,even better if we can get a big convoy of our cars to enter together !!!
Door actuators can be a problem,loads of threads over in the USA on the problem.
When you press the remote locking key one or maybe both doors wont open and you have to use the key maually,it can also happen to the remote boot release.At present 2 of us that I know of have this problem.
Andy (airsoft Andy)has fixed his so he is the guy with the knowledge !!!
I have just got a quote from Nissan uk who can supply them but they cost £168 each + vat + fitting.
Andy you could make a fortune here if you can get the hang of fitting these things !!!
Bit of a long winded reply,but my guess would be if your remote door locking is OK now its probably going to be ok !!!
Hope this helps
Rob.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Smile

It can also happen to the remote boot release.At present 2 of us that I know of have this problem.
Andy (airsoft Andy)has fixed his so he is the guy with the knowledge !!!
I have just got a quote from Nissan uk who can supply them but they cost £168 each + vat + fitting.
STOP!!
Before you fork out £££ on the boot release. There is a technic to making the boot release work off the standard key thob.

I thought mine was also broken until I found a method. The boot release button is rather small and if like me you have chubby hands [ I'd only say that to you lot ] you probably use your longest nail to press the middle of the button.

This doesn't work thus you'll feel that the problem must be with the lock. Its not.

What you actually have to do is press the button firmly with the middle of your thumb. You have to press the whole button ( not the edge or the middle ) for it to work. Hold it for 4 seconds ( max ) and eventually you should hear the boot pop .

Worked with Andy's car. These are some helpful hints:

1. stand at the rear of your 350, just to the drivers side so you can see the driver side mirror.

2. hold your key in your right hand with the back pointing towards the drivers side mirror ( this assumes you have a RHD ). If your holding your key right they metal part of the key will be in the palm of your hand and the boot release button in the top left.

3. Now place the middle of your thumb over the button and press firmly. Hold it for at least 4 seconds. If the boot does not release repeat this step but moving your thumb slightly off centre ( so that more of your thumb comes into contact with the button ).

With practice you should see that the boot actually does work and the fault ( yet another ) is with the key thob...

I hoe that helps

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners