Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rob, cheers for the info, everything seem to works fine atm using the key fob so fingers crossed it'll stay that way!

But instead got a different issue , basically when i start the car and move off, the doors auto-lock which is fine, but then if i try to open the locks using the button on the door, it wont open, so have to reach over to the passenger door and flick the lock.. minor flaw but sometimes annoying cus keep forgetting! guessing its probably something that happend when they fitted in the cat 1 immob(?)

Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
oh almost forgot, dont know how many of you have the phone function in your cars, but think i mite be able to sort mine out which might help some of you?

basically when i press the button, a *** msg comes up saying "checking connection" (thx to taka888 for the translation) but i always assumed it was bluetooth, so like an idiot i been hammering away trying to connect it wirelessly..

anyway in the centre armrest i spotted a hole that had been covered by a clip, took it out and there was a wire hidden, and it seems to be able to connect to a phone of some kind, to me it looks like it connects to one of those old crappy siemens? (the one beckham used to advertise for voda live?)

gonna try looking into getting a converter or something, if i get it running and anyone does need any info, will try and sort you out too

Old 04-20-2008, 02:24 PM
mov
Originally Posted by Syrus
oh almost forgot, dont know how many of you have the phone function in your cars, but think i mite be able to sort mine out which might help some of you?

basically when i press the button, a *** msg comes up saying "checking connection" (thx to taka888 for the translation) but i always assumed it was bluetooth, so like an idiot i been hammering away trying to connect it wirelessly..

anyway in the centre armrest i spotted a hole that had been covered by a clip, took it out and there was a wire hidden, and it seems to be able to connect to a phone of some kind, to me it looks like it connects to one of those old crappy siemens? (the one beckham used to advertise for voda live?)

gonna try looking into getting a converter or something, if i get it running and anyone does need any info, will try and sort you out too
just spent a hour looking for this where abouts exactly is it although ive found a lot of our cars come with different perks

cheers

Old 04-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone know what happened to our UK members list thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by mov
just spent a hour looking for this where abouts exactly is it although ive found a lot of our cars come with different perks

cheers
its in the armrest between the driver & passenger seats. near the rear of the inside theres a hole thats covered with a plastic clip. when i took it off, i found the wire which appears to be the phone connection.

havnt had any luck with it, will either buy an old siemens mobile, find a converter (no luck so far!) or take it down to one of the garages for them to have a look at it..

hope this helps

Old 04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
Anyone know what happened to our UK members list thread
It's still there mate

Old 04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Please someone tell me that it wasn't there yesterday

Jeeeezzz i must be getting old Next thing will be my slippers smelling of wee

Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 AM
hi all
ive just got a silver 350gt 5AT
couple of questions

1 i have a useless pocket with cover instead of screen...can one be bought and fitted ?? (not bothered with nav function but more for display and looks)

2. I have noticed that the speedo is out........ When 100 on clock actually doing 87mph which is obviously increasing the mileage more than actual..can this be easily sorted ??

Thnx Carl

Last edited by spaced69; 04-25-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Welcome Carl

There has been some info on sat navs etc further back in this thread. Im sure a couple of the lads have solved the problem all be it an expensive solution. i just ripped all mine out and put some Deffi dials there instead then i just stuck a Tom Tom on the window

With the speedo if you imported the car yourself go back to whoever converted it and get them to do it again. If from a dealer then take it back to them, however if you bought it private then you may have to send it away and have it done yourself. I think it costs around £200 for a good job + you can ask them to put whatever milage you want on it

Tom

Old 04-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Carl...and welcome to our exclusive club

I've found a website where I can buy the centre console conversion for a double din stereo but never come across a pop-up screen for our cars. Many of us are sitting on the fence waiting until they launch the Infiniti brand in this country, to see if there's a solution to the dreaded satnav conversion. There are a couple of companys that might be able to install an aftermarket unit in your coin box but not sure whether it would be pop-up or not. One is www.cartronics.co.uk in Surrey and the other is www.driveandview.com in Poole. Hope this is of some use. Good luck.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey guys! Whose going to the National Skyline meet at Bruntingthorpe in August?

I am!

Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 PM
mov
hi carl and welcome same model year & colour as mine

the wife and kids are going to cornwall on the 16th so im ok to go to bruntingthorpe

here an old vid of a trip to elvington track with a mate in his nismo tuned 350Z he can catch me under braking but it creams it in acceleration
by the way he added the music

Old 04-25-2008, 06:38 PM
mov
Originally Posted by ukgt
Please someone tell me that it wasn't there yesterday

Jeeeezzz i must be getting old Next thing will be my slippers smelling of wee
your not going mental i noticed it missing last week i just thought the mods had moved it LOL

Old 04-26-2008, 05:10 AM
hi guys
thnx for the welcome

i know everyone is awaiting a solution to the sat nav dilema.
if anyone knows though if the wiring would be there so that i could remove the coin box crap and install a stock screen etc. If its possible wonder if anyone would like to sell a stock unit as they may hav done the double din route.

thnx Carl

Old 04-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by mov
your not going mental i noticed it missing last week i just thought the mods had moved it LOL
I'll let you in on a little secret . The forum geeks amongst us know that if you go to the bottom of the 'Other Regions' page you'll see a heading 'Display Options'. If you change the 'From The' settings from 'Last Month' to, lets say 'Last 75 Days', you'll see the threads that no one has posted on for a while. And, lo and behold, there's the missing thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners