Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Project G45

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:22 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would paint the car a light color like white or silver. I think that if you go with a dark color it will hide the lines of the car too much.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Car is looking sick Kel, glad to see it is finally coming together. As far as color, go with your gut. That thing is going to be sick no matter what color you make it.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The headlight and wide body looks sweet. I think you should just keep it black. Nice and clean.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:52 PM
wow..... sooo damn sickkkk

Old 07-21-2007, 05:29 AM
wow the car is coming along....cant wait to see it all finished

Old 07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
after actually reading through most of this thread im wondering if you have any recent update as to when it will be all done

Old 07-24-2007, 02:38 PM
the car looks great! you put a lot of work into it man

Old 07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
alpine white would look good.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:34 PM

the only reason i say cloud white is, thats the color he requested up to paint his custom led blinker mirrors

I think it would look hawt as well as a - deep red - nissan burt orange - any cool shade of brown

Do the color that comes to you first or the one you picture in your dreams when you started this project

Old 07-25-2007, 09:10 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
That looks fvcking awesome

Old 07-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Hi Kel

I am wondering why you chose the VK45 over the VH45? THis seems like a very interesting project, and Im interested to hear what internal modifications you did to get to 1200HP. I really think you're going to have cooling issues because thats what the G35GT had problems with, theyre only pushing out about 450HP out of their VK45.

Tecni, Im interested about your build too. Id like to see more about it. I am huge into the VH community and Id like to compare notes.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:56 AM
kel
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I chose the vk over the vh because it was a newer engine and saw it's potential on the top secret v8 gtr. I decided not to build the engine yet because I would like to test it's limits, since when the engine was taken apart at the machine shop it's internal's steel rods and crank + titanium valves seemed up to the task of handling boost well. That 450 hp g35gt is all motor so going from 340 to 450 is pretty good which I could be mistaken but highly doubt it since I know those race cars have alot of restrictions ex: air intakes, vehicle weight ,etc. I'm also a member at nico club where you are a super moderator but decided not to post since it woul be a waste of time since all I ever see on the VH VK forums is nothing but VK bashing and how great the vh is. The funny thing is everyone who does the bashing has a VH motor and love the dyno comparison on how the vh makes more power than the vk when the test subject was the 320hp fx45 and not a 340hp Q or M.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:37 PM
I bash the VK because it is indeed inferior to the VH, IMO. I really hope though that you prove me wrong and this motor holds up nicely to boost. Hell, id like to see about 550HP at 10lbs of boost before I want to see crazy numbers. 550HP with some time to prove its reliability would go a long way to proving the VK, IMO. The thing about the swaps is people that would put this in a G35 would want a vehicle that has mad torque but you can still enjoy on a daily basis. If you can even put 1200HP into a VK, i cant imagine itd even be driveable. 600HP would be iffy.

Do I think it will handle 1200HP? Not really, I dont think it will handle boost any better than a VQ, which is respectable but not impressive. I woudlnt expect a VH to handle that either without some serious modifications. The crank might be able to handle it on a VH, but youd have to do some head work and new rods and pistons.

Its like saying the VQ is a better motor than the VG because its makes more power. I dont care how much power a motor makes to start with when I boost motors, I care about how much boost I can add before they blow up. If we're talking purely N/A then thats a different scenario, because obviously you build motors different for N/A HP than you do with boosted HP.

That does not necessarily mean I would bash your project like the members on here do. I would rather disagree with your choice of motor than have a bunch of fanboys who think they know how to bulid cars bash your car because they dont like the kind of bends you put in your exhaust. Simply ridiculous! I encourage you to post up on the VH/VK forums if you want. I guarantee that your project would have been responded to better.

I wonder why the new M is rated at 335HP and not 340HP (like 5HP means anything anyway, but humor me)? Show me some dyno charts of a stock VK putting down 270 at the wheels and I'll believe it has 335-340HP stock. We've seen VH's in Q45s putting down about 270 at the wheels with just a chip, and about 280-290 with chip + headers. I searched for a while a dyno on a VK and the only one I found was on an FX so it was the best I had. If you can show me some dyno charts of a Q or M then we can talk.

The HP differences dont bother me at all, with a chip the VH and VK are pretty close, but undoubtedly the VK puts down more power stock than the VH does stock, and I believe I mentioned that in my post. Chips add around 30HP on a VH stock ECU, chips add about 10HP or less to a VK ECU, as noted by the FX guys. but anyone who builds motors and opens up a VK and VH side by side will know the VH is built stronger. I'll give you that stock vs stock the VK makes more power, but IMO thats about all the motor's got going for it. Again, a lot of it has to do with the VH is fairly proven under high HP situations, whereas the VK is not. I hope you break the trend.

Its plain and simple. The motors that nissan built in the late 80s and up to the mid 90s were the most over-engineered motors that nissan ever made, and for that matter that holds true to most manufacturers...

Believe me, I am not trying to argue with you or pick a fight, nor am I trying to convert you from a VK guy to a VH guy, I am just merely posting this up as what I accept as true, and if I am wrong I hope I am corrected.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:14 PM
kel
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
elwesso you must have read only the first couple of pages where my goal was 1200, I was planning on dragging the car but that was about awhile ago I'm shooting for 680-750 at thw wheels stock block just to test it's limits. anyone can make any motor with modifications do ridiculous horsepower ex: extreme motorsports was pushing 1600hp on their 350z last I checked it was doing 7.36 at the drags. comparing the vq andvg has it's ups and downs the vg is a heavy *** motor but was built for boost from the ground up but will still need internals after 575hp since anything higher woul not be safe. The vq on the hand is lighter and can handle 450whp-(some rare cases 500whp but who knows how long that will last) on the stock block when tuned correctly with the right engine management, pretty good considering nissan never intended the motor for forced induction, but not as great as vg. now back on the vh and vk how do you want to compare a motor with headers and a chip to a stock motor, not trying to pick a fight either since at this point this thread has about 20+ pages of arguing and don't feel like wasting more thread space. so let's continue with this after the car is done.

Last edited by kel; 07-26-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:29 PM
My bad, I did read all the pages but must have missed that. My apologies. I think 680-750 is a good place to aim for, i think its very reasonable, and very possible. After I got through about 10-15 pages I started skipping around.

The reason I'm comparing a VK stock to a VH with a chip is because on the VK the stock chip is basically is advanced as possible. Thats the way OBDII cars are, and thats why chips dont really do much compared to older cars. IMO its a more fair comparison, a more comparable state of tune if you will.

What injectors are you going to go with? I would say you'd probably need some 740cc's at least? Sorry if I missed that.

Anyway, want to say keep up the good work, I love this project and I cant wait to see the final product. The M lights are original and makes the car look sick!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Project G45