Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Brillant Silver's Please Post!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
The Nismo rear aprons remind me too much of the Veilside whatever-thingys.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
They clutter the body lines of the car, as for the stock rear spoiler is a low hugging spoiler and its either love it or hate it, and it does not jut out like the aprons.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
They clutter the body lines of the car, as for the stock rear spoiler is a low hugging spoiler and its either love it or hate it, and it does not jut out like the aprons.
^ ROFL LMAO....oh really.....the iron board spoiler doesn't extend itself outside the "lines" of the car?? WTF??? Seriously....?? Take a look at the spoiler from the pic above...notice that it JUTS OUT left side/right side...now go out and find one and look at it from behind, then tell me this statement all over again...wow....jhchrist...doesn't jut out?.....the dang tail has WINGS hovering over the tail lamps for crying out loud....the NISMO approns does the EXACT same thing, but instead of left side/right side, it's pointing to the back of the car - where the FLOW is....b/c the car drives forward and the air/wind flows to the back....anyways....I got a good laugh and all is good - no offense..all in good fun....I need a drink now...ha!

Thanks Guys!
-WoW

Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 PM
*facepalm*

We're not talking about the FLOW of AIR.

We're talking about the FLOW of the coupe's body lines.

The spoiler can extend left and right, because well... it's a spoiler.... Do you want the spoiler to "bend" backwards towards the flow of air too?

Maybe you're right, the Nismo may flow with air, but guess what. Air is pretty much invisible, and nobody really care's about flowing with the "air".

Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
*facepalm*

We're not talking about the FLOW of AIR.

We're talking about the FLOW of the coupe's body lines.

Maybe you're right, the Nismo may flow with air, but guess what. Air is pretty much invisible, and nobody really care's about flowing with the "air".

...the flow of the car, is the same EXACT thing of the flow of the air (atleast to me)....if the "LINES" are off in your .02, then you are referring to the same thing as if looking at the car in a wind tunnel......flow describes the uniformity of the pieces on the car, and to me that's the same f'ing thing as the flow of air...if you have a moonroof spolier on your coupe, most would say: "That doesn't flow"...and yeah, b/c the dang thing is sitting on top of your roof like a big black brick....so yeah...to me the reference of the word "FLOW" and the air flow are one in the same....it's the DIRECTION and uniformity to me....one and the same...

Old 04-24-2011, 05:48 PM
P.s. To all the so called "haters" of my approns - post up your rides, let's critic those....most likely not everyone is going to approve...so again, I'll just drop this, b/c it's only a waste of everyone's time....argue just to argue...

Thanks Guys!
-WoW

Old 04-24-2011, 05:50 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ If you like the aprons, then rock it. Your car, your money. I know you wanted to share your car to others and you did, and you've stated you're prepared for criticisms.

Some people on this forum don't like my hood, but that isn't going to dissuade me from removing it or conforming to their opinion of my car.

Keep doing what you do.

The following users liked this post:
MIA Philly (07-10-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 05:52 PM
The uniformity of the pieces of the car?

You do know there's a massive gap where the rear section of the apron doesn't attach to the body of the car right? Where's the uniformity.

I don't drive a G35 anymore, so I'm not going to bother posting pics up. But I will say that my rear had the wing, diffuser, and the OEM rear splash guards.

What hood do you have konxeptionz?

Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Good point....I'm tired...going over to the BMW forum to see what mods to do on her too......LOL...good thing they don't "monkey" with their cars as much as we do...not as much to get me into trouble with I guess...ha! I can always (in a few years) go back to the OEM splash guards....but then again, I like being diff...they made the approns the way they are for a reason, and I'm good with being their only and #1 fan...

Why are you on here if you don't own a G35 anymore? Just hanging out with friends...just asking, not being rude or anything...

Old 04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
What hood do you have konxeptionz?
Hikkata Dori. Just like WoW's opinion of his Nismo aprons, this hood is a love or hate thing among this forum.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM
There's a lot of folks here who don't own G35's anymore, or are looking to get into one.

I'm a part of a load of forums. I mainly stick around here because I'm still able to help a few people out with their DIY's, and questions about the G35. And secondly, the local California community here rocks.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Hikkata Dori. Just like WoW's opinion of his Nismo aprons, this hood is a love or hate thing among this forum.
LOL - yeah, finding out the hard way....I just didn't realize it was more hate than love. The hood looks great.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:59 PM
There's a lot of folks here who don't know G35's anymore, or are looking to get into one.

I'm a part of a load of forums. I mainly stick around here because I'm still able to help a few people out with their DIY's, and questions about the G35. And secondly, the local California community here rocks.
That's very cool bro....it's nice to have guys like you stick around helping others...and it's OWN, now KNOW...lol

Old 04-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by WhiteonWheat
That's very cool bro....it's nice to have guys like you stick around helping others...and it's OWN, now KNOW...lol
Whoops my bad.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
^ ROFL LMAO....oh really.....the iron board spoiler doesn't extend itself outside the "lines" of the car?? WTF??? Seriously....?? Take a look at the spoiler from the pic above...notice that it JUTS OUT left side/right side...now go out and find one and look at it from behind, then tell me this statement all over again...wow....jhchrist...doesn't jut out?.....the dang tail has WINGS hovering over the tail lamps for crying out loud....the NISMO approns does the EXACT same thing, but instead of left side/right side, it's pointing to the back of the car - where the FLOW is....b/c the car drives forward and the air/wind flows to the back....anyways....I got a good laugh and all is good - no offense..all in good fun....I need a drink now...ha!

Thanks Guys!
-WoW
You don't take criticism very well obviously, I'm not talking about air flow I am talking about the lines on the car. They don't look bad from the side but when you look at the back of the car they look incomplete because there is a gap. The spoiler flows with the car because of its shape. It looks like belongs on the car. I voiced my opinion but also give you props for being different. Everybody has an opinion don't get butt hurt over it just say thanks for the input.

Dude, do you think Nissan would bother making a body kit for their own car and hiring the design team of Gran Turismo to do so if it looked horrible
That's like saying Ferrari has never designed an ugly car. Doesn't matter who designed anything, some cars are uglier than ****.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Brillant Silver's Please Post!