Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

*Angeles Canyon Run + Mishaps: Lots Of Pics*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy *Angeles Canyon Run + Mishaps: Lots Of Pics* +more pics...

It was a beautiful day for a canyon run to LARC on 03/09/07 - Well put together by Wally and the guys...

...until this little red car (on top) later cut in front of me and slammed on the brake. It happened when he was on the road split into two lanes and he was on the right side. He merged and won't let me pass, and then slammed on the brake

The red car merged from the right side, cut in front of me. I applied the brake hard and steered to the left to avoid hitting him straight on....went off Angeles Highway and spun out....I thought I hit the utility pole but I didn't. It was the elevated berm on the edge of the road that my skipped over, the front wheel kicked up and crunched the fender....I'm 100% OK, not mad or anger, just glad I'm still alive and have full insurance coverage. The G is in the body shop pending estimate - here comes the Chargespeed body kit! The engine and SC still runs like a charm - smooth! It was bad but could have been much worse - for that I'm grateful and thanks to all you guys out there that afternoon who helpd me and make sure I was OK. We have good people on this forum who I considered friends. Thank you to especially skaterbasist and Wally (drove me all the way back...and missed the track!) I'll be back in a month or so!!

Again, I'm just glad I'm OK - good2go - it's only a car and that's what insurance is for - paying full coverage all these years is so worth it! I'm not even bitter or mad! Sometimes **** just happens!!! Just happy to be vertical!

Everyone please be careful and safe out there, give plenty of space for all the knuckleheads around you! Hard lesson learned!

Oh yeah! The little red car never stopped, kept on going......it happened so fast and I was in the rear of the congo line, therefore, other G's were not aware of it.

The insurance guy told me that since my G did not make andy contact with the other car and I lost control - I'm at fault in a one-car collision, oh well. He will send me a check and my body shop a check for the repair. Just happy to be covered!

Some more pics...the G was now sitting too low due to the broken wheel. So it was dragging the rear bumper on the ground as it was being loaded onto the flatbed. Eventually, it had to be pulled off.

Just want put the face to the name and car - here's me with my girlfriend.

Thank you for all your well wishes....very much appreciated! Please be safe out there!

Last edited by Good2Go; 03-16-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 PM
wow glad to see you're not hurt, but what a bastard. Atleast you have pics of the car and plenty of witnesses.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned
Jesus!! There's no passing on that road!! Hopefully you got the tag number of the stupid red car. Sorry mang.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

definitely glad to here your ok but that sucks about your car.. its such a sweet ride.. good luck with the repairs and all..

Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
wow that is painful to look at.
Glad you ok. Did you guys catch that red car and ran it off the road?

Good luck in restoring it.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
Did you guys catch that red car and ran it off the road?
Damn I know I would have. Sorry to hear about your ride !

Old 03-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow...glad your alright man..yeah no problem..when your up and running the leadership position is there for you...if you need my help call me 310 654 1118...any time man...hope to see you soon bro...!!
dagaleag35
nice car by the way...

Old 03-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Tweaksalot

Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by DAGALEAG35
wow...glad your alright man..yeah no problem..when your up and running the leadership position is there for you...if you need my help call me 310 654 1118...any time man...hope to see you soon bro...!!
dagaleag35
nice car by the way...
Yeah, sure I'm up for the leadership position - just feel funny doing it without my G. I'll call you today. Thanks.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 PM
wow! thats a bad sight! i would have killed that mother f*cker!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Wow! Not sure what's wrong with people out there on the roads. But glad that you are ok most importantly. And yes thank God for insurance, you'll be up and running soon. Stay positive and keep pushing forward.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:15 PM
That's horrible to hear what happened to your car but I'm a bit confused. If a car causes an accident but is not physically damaged, they can't be held liable? That's a tough one to swallow.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
hella not cool....damn hope everything will be alright...that hella sucks...****

Old 03-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn. someone couldnt chase that red car?

Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to hear that you are okay! Real sorry to see your car busted up like that. You must be blessed with lots of patience and forgiveness because if that happened to me, I don't think I'd be forgiven for what I'd do to that other car/driver... I'll definetly be more cautious of these crazy ******* on the road after this.

Take care

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *Angeles Canyon Run + Mishaps: Lots Of Pics*