Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

S tech and H tech people lets see em!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OneManJoker
i just dropped my car on 350z s-tech, and Its not much of a difference from my old h-tech. The rear looks high still for some reason. Maybe with springmount cut would help, but it just seems like the springs didnt even make a difference. Am I doing something wrong?

You moved from Z h-tech to Z s-tech? How long has it been?

Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 AM
yeah moved from z h-tech to z s-tech. Just about 2 hours ago. lol. even after breaking in i dont think its gonna be much of a big difference right? i really wanted to do the springmount cut but didnt have the right tools atm.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by OneManJoker
yeah moved from z h-tech to z s-tech. Just about 2 hours ago. lol. even after breaking in i dont think its gonna be much of a big difference right? i really wanted to do the springmount cut but didnt have the right tools atm.
Ha, so just now. Did you drive it around? I noticed a lot of people get uneven drop when using Z application.

I'm switching to G S-tech from Z h-tech in couple days, I hope it'll come out good.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jlin615
Ha, so just now. Did you drive it around? I noticed a lot of people get uneven drop when using Z application.

I'm switching to G S-tech from Z h-tech in couple days, I hope it'll come out good.
Post up how it goes. I want to do the same but I hear bad things about the rear spring rates. What about going with Tanabes?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Blackmouf
Post up how it goes. I want to do the same but I hear bad things about the rear spring rates. What about going with Tanabes?
I was really concern about uneven drops, somehow it really bugs me. Don't care too much about stiffness, care more about my ideal drop and comfort, as long as it doesn't handle like a mini van .

Looking at Tanabe's, all they specs have big difference front and rear, except for the Z GF210. If the drop on the G-Stech don't work for me, I'm just gonna say F-it and going Tein CS coilovers.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM
ok, I've just switched from Z h-tech to G s-tech today. The drop is pretty even. The difference in ride quality and handling compare to the Z h-tech is minimal. I like it!

Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 PM
ok, I've just switched from Z h-tech to G s-tech today. The drop is pretty even. The difference in ride quality and handling compare to the Z h-tech is minimal. I like it!
Sweet! Let's see some before and afters. Have you taken any turns hard and compared then and now? Is it more bouncy in the rear? Thanks!

Old 03-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Springs? What does everyone use!

Hi I'm just about to drop my 03 coupe [non sport susp] I've read all there is on springs and specs in forums etc, and I know it has been talked about many times but I want to know which spring kit will do the job or can anyone recommend the most popular spring set, I'm after a moderate drop with no camber kits or tyre wear issues if possible, the only springs as I would see doing the job are Tein Z h-tech, G h-tech or G s-tech. HELP! Thanks guys. Regards G.T.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by G. TODD
Hi I'm just about to drop my 03 coupe [non sport susp] I've read all there is on springs and specs in forums etc, and I know it has been talked about many times but I want to know which spring kit will do the job or can anyone recommend the most popular spring set, I'm after a moderate drop with no camber kits or tyre wear issues if possible, the only springs as I would see doing the job are Tein Z h-tech, G h-tech or G s-tech. HELP! Thanks guys. Regards G.T.
You can get away with G and Z Htechs without having a camber kit. However, I've recently bought a full camber kit for my Z htechs because surprisingly I was balding in both the front and the back. I would recommend Z htechs. Any thing in the S-techs, I would recommend a camber kit. The rears are cheap so I always recommend to buy those anyways.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by G. TODD
Tein Z h-tech, will do the job. You will have some luck getting camber within spec and it's a moderate drop. Even if it's out of spec, it's only like 0.1-0.2.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
on my Z htechs i didnt need a rear camber, but front camber was sure needed.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Sweet! Let's see some before and afters. Have you taken any turns hard and compared then and now? Is it more bouncy in the rear? Thanks!
I've tried making some turns on roads I go on daily, there's a slight decrease in handling. The ride is a tiny bit more wavy compare to the Z h-techs. These springs aren't bad as most people imagine. When I drive through railroads now, it's not rough anymore. Overall, I like them.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Dropped on 350Z H-Techs
Name:  DSCN1001.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  135.7 KB

Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Springs? What does everyone use!

You can get away with G and Z Htechs without having a camber kit. However, I've recently bought a full camber kit for my Z htechs because surprisingly I was balding in both the front and the back. I would recommend Z htechs. Any thing in the S-techs, I would recommend a camber kit. The rears are cheap so I always recommend to buy those anyways.
Thanks guy's for the input, just wondering what are the ride hight specs between Z-htechs and G-stechs and also the G-htechs Also forgot to mention I don't want any scraping problems with this drop if possible! . Thanks guy's, Regards G.T.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 PM
I've had no issues with rubbing. I'm running 275 tire's in the rear and never had a problem. But 350z h-techs on a g only gives a mild drop good enough for me to fill the fender gap considering i live in the northeast the roads up here arent designed to have your ride slammed so this was the best setup for me and I love the way it looks and handles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S tech and H tech people lets see em!