Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

New pics of my Blue 6" Lipp'd Auto Couture wheels.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Those wheels need a big brake kit in them.

Last edited by Gilley; 08-10-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I like the color combo. But IMHO only running that much camber just to get the wheel/tire combo to fit isn't the right way to do things. XX Deg is a ton of camber. I'd be surprised if 3/4 of the tire has any significant amount of weight on it.

I was surprised to see Falcons on a baller wheel though. I would think you would have Michelin Pilots or GY F1s or the such.
im running XX rear camber, my buddy is the one running -XXon his G. and i used to run -XX on the s2k. as far as straight line accel the tires only have about 80% of contact patch on the ground.. but cornering is a different story. the contact patch vs oem alignment is considerably more. as far as tire brand. I will never buy michelin or goodyear.. the comfort and road noise on the 452 surpasses them imo.

Last edited by rijowysock; 08-14-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Camber is not as bad as people think. Im running extreme camber as well. Sometimes pics do no justice to the actual look of the car. Its a shame set ups like this are not seen more in person as often as they should, until then maybe more people should be open minded about the concept of wide wheels, low offsets, and negative camber. Its huge in Japan, and unfortunately here in the states, there are not enough people willing to take the extra step to get that VIP look thats growing to be the norm in the g35's motherland. Yes it may not be a VIP platform...but it definately has huge potential to have that
"push em' out, go wide look" that VIP culture has. Tire brands such as Falken have noticed this trend to be the "next big thing" and have even made tires (the 452) made especially for this type of set up. All we ask is for people to be more open minded about these types of set ups and realize what a great platform we have for this car....it can be tuned and tracked....or tricked out and made into a neck breaker...I appreciate that riley has stepped out side the box and done something different with the G.....no need for body kit, or fancy dress up kit ect......knock em out with wheels and a nice drop....+1 for a sweet ride....

Old 08-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Proper alignment for performance > fad look.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Like others have said. I'm not a fan of the overly aggressive offset, compensated partially by overly aggressive camber. The tires seem stretched and aren't a brand I would have on an expensive set up like that. Otherwise very nice.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Proper alignment for performance > fad look.
go out to a tight track, bring a pyrometer and do several laps measuring the tires temp in the 3 common places. and then slowly adjust the camber/toe/caster.. and in the end i guarantee with the G platform the best setup is going to be more than XX degrees of toe in the back. not saying my XX is good but this will teach you that camber is your friend. check F1 specs and other racing car specs.

as my good friend rob says: our main goal is to make our cars look like a fantasy driving. and it takes ***** to do what we do because one mistake and they dont work at all. versus the companys selling safe fitments and ur guaranteed it will work. this is why it sometimes takes several sets to get the exact setup you want. im only on #2 and my #3 will be perfect.. normally on others cars i get it right on #1 because i dont go "OMFG agressive" but with my cars i like to push it to the edge.. which i take in steps.

mmmm SEXXXYYY..

Last edited by rijowysock; 08-14-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by rijowysock
its all good you guys dont have to drive it, i love the stretch, i just wish ida gone 10" front much lower offset.. when you can afford the wheels i put on my car, then ill start taking your opinions to heart.
Better start now my friend.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Red Card Crew

So let's say the best performance is -2 deg. But that makes the tires rub. What's your next step?
a) run more camber so you can run those wheels?
b) buy diff wheels in diff sizes/offsets so you can run that camber setting?

And on what performance basis did you choose your front/rear tire widths? And what spring/shock/swaybar rates have you decided on per those tires/wheels? If you change wheels/tires, are you also changing the coil/shock settings also?

Last edited by Jeff92se; 08-10-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:43 PM
So let's say the best performance is -2 deg. But that makes the tires rub. What's your next step?
a) run more camber so you can run those wheels?
b) buy diff wheels in diff sizes/offsets so you can run that camber setting?

And on what performance basis did you choose your front/rear tire widths? And what spring/shock/swaybar rates have you decided on per those tires/wheels? If you change wheels/tires, are you also changing the coil/shock settings also?
if you read, i said... this was to prove camber isnt bad, and said my setup wasnt ideal.

Roflcopter coming to save the lollerskaters

Last edited by rijowysock; 08-10-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=rijowysock]just for you BLKed OUT G. lol

LMAO

Old 08-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Red Card Crew

I agree. Camber done for the right reasons isn't particularly bad. If you are running -3 or less, I guess that's not terrible. But as you know, more isn't always better. Law of dimishing returns.......

if you read, i said... this was to prove camber isnt bad, and said my setup wasnt ideal.
]

Old 08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like your setup, keep doin' what you do playa

Old 08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by g35fan85
why do coupes look like this in the back? why is the top of the tire inward like that? bent. not just on this car. even on stock g35 coupes. or am i wrong?
It's called camber. The G has specs that call for a certain amount of that as you will always see on G35's. The reason you see it so far inward at the top...bent as you call it is there is incorrect alignment because the car been dramatically lowered and/or incorrect fitment of wheels and tires on the car. Some like to put on a very wide tire and wheel that sticks out past the wheel opening and make it fit by maintaining high negative camber.

Last edited by RBull; 08-10-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Red Card Crew

I'd like to state that it DOES look great. And again, you're right in saying you are willing to spend a TON of money to go after a look that's not necessarily performance oriented. (Although the wheels/tires are quality).

I'm NOT willing to spend that much to possible degrade performance. For ME, it had damn well GO, STOP or HANDLE better for that much $ spent. I'm all for looks but not when the performance might suffer.

as my good friend rob says: our main goal is to make our cars look like a fantasy driving. and it takes ***** to do what we do because one mistake and they dont work at all. versus the companys selling safe fitments and ur guaranteed it will work. this is why it sometimes takes several sets to get the exact setup you want. im only on #2 and my #3 will be perfect.. normally on others cars i get it right on #1 because i dont go "OMFG agressive" but with my cars i like to push it to the edge.. which i take in steps.

]

Old 08-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Those are some sick@$$ brakes! Rotational inertia schmotational inertia!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New pics of my Blue 6" Lipp'd Auto Couture wheels.