Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Aggressive Wheels & Stretched Tires: Post 'Em Up! [[Some NSFW]]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.60 average.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Unless you;re throwing down money like Rookie and randy standing out wont win you shiit in bigger shows lol unfortunately
Originally Posted by 4Dr.Madness.
With that attitude, why even try modding? Everyone has to start somewhere to get better. Your trying to make it seem like its no point showing because ull never win.
Don't think I really need to comment, that pretty much answers it all.

Not everyone goes to shows to win. I certainly know I'm not, but I go to have fun. Once you start putting money into your car like Viet and Randy, yes, then it IS about winning.

Those fellas have stable careers and whatnot, I don't have that luxury at the moment. It takes a lot to compete with teams like TWC, Hybrid, Ar-kan, etc. Not all of them started with a modified car, they all worked their way up. Take a look at Team Hybrid, took them a while to be what they are now.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre
btw fixed my tire today, i had a nice SCREW in my tire(which makes me think who was the pos who put it there?)

and had them put a plug in there, but not what i thought a plug was, some sticky *** **** in there and so far its working

AND i bought a lil air compressor, n its pretty damn nice
that kind of plug should hold up nice dre .. as long as its not too close to the sidewall it will melt/form/turn into the tire over time

Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
love the red z.

and whatever style don's sedan is, im not a fan. ive always said i dislike excessive camber especially when its uneven front to rear.

however, its his car and its what he likes. lets all just choose to disagree and move on.

rx-7s to cheer us up yay

Name:  DSC_0109copy.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  307.0 KB

Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
^^lol through the sea of the efight you found that! haha yah it looked like a pretty ghetto job but at least its whats normal

Old 10-15-2009, 12:39 AM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
and some old benz love

Old 10-15-2009, 12:40 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
thank you woady!!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
That's all a matter of opinion. If it's not VIP, then what is? VIP surely isn't JUST wheels, although it is a factor of it.
I dont really care what it is, i'm not one who really likes "styles". But doesn't matter what style that dude was going for it looked so dumb. Sure it stands out but i dont get the whole point of standing out if 99.9% of people are telling you how retarded it look. I dont understand why anyone would want that kind of attention, makes no sense to me. Doesn't have to be VIP, aggressive or anything that setup was ugly as **** plain and simple to me the style has nothing to do with it.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by eurodre
when did i say i know so much about wheel fitment? you just infered all that, but you know what raised the red flag right away? the fact that you have to justify everything you do, you don't do anything without some kind of justification, there ALWAYS has to be a COMPLAINT no matter what

once again, you make car modding seem depressing

and one last thing, did i EVER attack your team? FIND me and QUOTE me the time when i attacked your team. I respect a team that is so huge and has been going on for so long, a person like you who is so high in his team should know better than to attack another persons team

i disagreed with your modding style, which happens ALL the time in this community, but i never said about OCGS, i kept it all towards your car. Maybe you should rethink some of your comments
You don't, but you act like you do. You reference it in many of your posts. You always got something to say. You commented on my setup several times, right? I see you commenting on ohters', you do, don't you? Just because you don't say you know offsets and such, doesn't mean you don't think that, especially when you make common references about your knowledge in that area.

And it seems you don't understand what I say. Tell me where I attacked Shyne. Matter of fact, FIND it for me. Please. Because what I said was that you joined Shyne. Tell me how that's putting down the team, because I'm still confused about that. I simply said joining a team that is geared or based around fitment doesn't mean you automatically know fitment, offsets, etc.

You turn things around way too quite, and put words into my mouth because you over analyze things and turn them into assumptions. Read the text for what it is, not what you think.

I don't quite get what you mean in regards to me justifying things and the whole complaint thing, would you clarify that so I can clear it up for you as I cleared up your other inaccuracies?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by 4Dr.Madness.
With that attitude, why even try modding? Everyone has to start somewhere to get better. Your trying to make it seem like its no point showing because ull never win.
Meh, i think you missed what i was getting at.
Finally, my car is a show car. Why blend in with the rest, what does that win? It's all about how you stand out from the crowd.
I was simply stating that "standing" out doesn't help you win chit untill you're up in the Rookie/Randy level. That is all. There's no attitude behind it. I go to shows knowing that i wont win lol the point of showing to me is to have fun with who you are showing with that is all. I can enter a pinto with truck tires on and it's gonna stand out, don't mean anything.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribing again*

Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Former G35driver Vendor

Mmmm the car that got me in love with fitment!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:53 AM
I dont really care what it is, i'm not one who really likes "styles". But doesn't matter what style that dude was going for it looked so dumb. Sure it stands out but i dont get the whole point of standing out if 99.9% of people are telling you how retarded it look. I dont understand why anyone would want that kind of attention, makes no sense to me. Doesn't have to be VIP, aggressive or anything that setup was ugly as **** plain and simple to me the style has nothing to do with it.
Like I said, it's all a matter of opinion and personal preferences. To be honest, I dig it all from mild to intense. I can even dig some boso cars (some, not all).

Not all of us know the purpose of life, why we can't live on forever, why things happen for certain reasons...sometimes there's no point in trying to understand, it's just how things are.

To make it simple, it's like music. I have a wide range of appreciation for various types of music....rock, rap, metal, jazz, r&b, classical, spanish, european, etc. Some people love metal, but will hate rap or vice versa. There's nothing to understand about that, it's just a preference in music, just as it is a preference in the look of a vehicle.

As woady stated, he doesn't like the way my car looks, and i'm completely fine with that. Not once have we gotten into some quarrel about it because I understand that some don't like it but he too understands some people DO like it. Plain and simple.

BTW, woady, the fronts will be matched up to the rear in a few months so it will look much more even...to the rear though, lol.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Meh, i think you missed what i was getting at.

I was simply stating that "standing" out doesn't help you win chit untill you're up in the Rookie/Randy level. That is all. There's no attitude behind it. I go to shows knowing that i wont win lol the point of showing to me is to have fun with who you are showing with that is all. I can enter a pinto with truck tires on and it's gonna stand out, don't mean anything.
Wrong. Last two shows I was in I placed 3rd. Sure, they weren't huge like EAF or HIN, but sometimes people also pay attention to the work involved, etc.

Oh, and just an FYI, the last show, according to others, Hell Flush was taking pics of my car while I was eating lunch. I guess I must be doing something right if they were taking pics.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
i didnt read all the E fighting yet hahahaha.

but levon still gotta lower. vip is about stance and excessive camber doesnt mean you got a nice stance.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
^all good, helps leave examples of what not to do LOL(Not you, the GS) I'll just put the people that like that in a small envelope(cause thats how little of people i saw that actually liked it) and put in my drawer lol

Anyways on with the pics.

Also i think we need a straight VIP/VIP STyled thread. Cause IMO setups like that GS and yours are a completely different level then the aggressive wheel stretched tire scene.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.60 average.

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels & Stretched Tires: Post 'Em Up! [[Some NSFW]]