Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Aggressive Wheels & Stretched Tires: Post 'Em Up! [[Some NSFW]]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.60 average.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
I though you said you were gonna custom modify your fenders though??? Why not have them modify the inner well so you have more clearance?
That will end up costing more. Gonna do that for my next wheel setup. Going with a longer toe arm to be able to add more camber and be in spec, add more camber, and smoothen out the fenders on both sides will cost me about 800. Modifying the fenders to that extent will end up costing at least double the work and will look weird if I'm adding another 2" of clearance.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by eurodre
vip doesn't mean ignoring the fact that the wheel specs do not suit the car

the cleanest vip cars are those that know what they are doing which includes knowing what NOT to do, bags is one thing but with coilovers that much camber and that much work is going overboard

just because it has MORE camber, doesn't mean its more VIP, there are plenty of VIP cars that have a lot less camber and look a lot more clean

plus real vip is on a vip platform car, all others are just imatations, when it comes down to exact definitions
Guess you're stuck behind the times. Check the VIP forum and search for a thread "does platform really matter?" You'll see that most everyone there, including the true VIP enthusiasts, the ones that have been doing it for so long, say that's a thing of the past. When it all boils down, yes it started with a platform...but it has evolved..why do you think you see Benzes that do it now?

And of course, some are not as cambered as others, it's all in how the owner of the car wants their car to look. Me, I wanna stand out and I sure as heck do, like a sore thumb. There is not 1 day that goes by where I don't have at least 5-10 people just look at my car driving past me and just staring, and then turning their head to continue looking.

You know there are several people that drive on coils and as cambered or even more cambered than I do. I'm not forcing anyone to like it, I know many people won't, and that's all good cos we all good different styles and tastes.

And just curious, since you said vip doesn't mean wheel specs don't suit the car, how is it that one that has a 19x11.5 with a NEGATIVE 51 offset is considered VIP, and that's with -10 or -11 degrees of camber..need I remind you it was also hella flush approved

Old 10-15-2009, 12:10 AM
ah gimmie a break with all that vip inspired, vip style, its VIP or not at all

just because a wheel like the t1s has been used by those pursuing the style of VIP in a VIP platform car doesnt mean the WHEEL is vip

and there is NOTHING vip about excessive camber, its been done all throughout the styles, euro, drifter etc and those aren't called vip

all of a sudden t1s and negative camber=vip? if so then 80% of us with t1s' should be VIP inspired right? gimmie a break
Dude, are you fucking shiting your own assumptions out your ***? Since when did anyone say that T1S + mega camber = VIP?

I have a VIP theme going. Take a look. I got a sedan, stance, aggressive offsets, slammed, curtains, stripper pole, neck pads, Garson everything...and soon to be Garson'ed the fuck out.

And why is it that so many VIP guys give compliments? Why do they reference it to VIP? Again, it's not much about platform anymore, but if you wanna be **** about it, go for it, it's VIP styled or inspired...regardless, it fits the VIP look...if it didn't wouldn't I get raped on the VSC forum? I'm not so you tell me wasup

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't or that it doesn't fit a theme. Just cos you can't ride daily mega cambered out, doesn't mean others can't. Just cos you can't push your car to the limits, doesn't mean it's wrong for others to do so. Lot of hatin goin on...and to be honest, I LOVE it.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Honestly, you guys have no clue how much work was involved to fit these. You may say it's stupid and unnecessary, but the reality of it is, I have a sedan. I have an extra door near the fender. And if you guys know so much about fitment, then you should know just a couple millimeters makes a BIG difference, as does some tenths of a degree for camber.

Also, how many cars do you see, VIP or not, that go for the aggressive look, have wheels that fit the car? I can tell you not all, that's for sure. Hate it or love, it is what it is...it's just going to get more aggressive.

Finally, my car is a show car. Why blend in with the rest, what does that win? It's all about how you stand out from the crowd.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
meh, its a show car, what can you do? you need something that attracts the attention.

you know whats sad? car modding is suppose to be fun, the way you make it seem, its fvcking depressing.. man truly a dying breed

Last edited by eurodre; 10-15-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
that is doing to much -_-

Old 10-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Omfg!! That red Z is sick.. I was thinking of doing that when I ordered my wheels but I didn't think it would look good.. Boy was I wrong!!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
how is it that one that has a 19x11.5 with a NEGATIVE 51 offset is considered VIP, and that's with -10 or -11 degrees of camber..need I remind you it was also hella flush approved
I have no idea cause it should be considered retarded not VIP. And whoever hellaflush approved that should be slapped straight int he face....twice. That has to be one of the top 3 worst wheel setups of all time

Old 10-15-2009, 12:24 AM
if its a thing of the past then why is that i can't get a civic put some vip modulars or some ordens on them with curtains and bags and call it vip without people laughing at me? the style extended to SIMILAR cars, i dont see how a lexus or a benz is similar to an infiniti g35 sedan other than having 4 doors

the cars are big and luxurious to begin with, unless an infiniti sedan is a luxury sedan then its a different story

and you know attention doesnt always mean GOOD attention? but if you're modding the car for the attention of others then hei you sure got their attention, it's always been a little thing i say, that clean cars ones that dont need to have anything extra dont get noticed as much. For example all of the show cars, the things they need to do, the extents they need to go in order to win shows and all that, but im sure you know about that more than I do. But it boils down to a clean car doesn't get the attention a show car gets, WHY? because a show car NEEDS the attention, therefore you notice the reason why the owner modded it

and of course that black gs looked RETARDED, but at least all the mods he had on all suited the car. I kept saying this OVER and OVER, but ill plainly say it, all this work you're doing and you still havent gotten sideskirts to match it all. Unless i missed something then correct me if im wrong

im not giving you a hard time cus im hating, its the exact opposite, i love to see a nice sedan with an aggressive setup but there certain red flags that come up that make you think.. is that really showing a knowledge of fitment (offsets, widths, camber, fender work) or is that just doing it wrong?

it's your car at the end of the day
1. A civic is not a midsize or large sedan, that's for one.

2. The G is still considered a luxury sedan FYI

3. I mod the car the way I want to. Attention/eye-grabbing is still in the back of my head.

4. True, not all attention is positive, but regardless, it's still attention...more than what most people would get, right?

5. All this work and I still haven't gotten sideskirts? Money is tight, I pay for my own sh*t...and you're the one to talk. You're still on OEM body kit. All you got is wheels and drop....sorry, debadge as well I work PART time and go to school full time so I do what I can with the money I make. Also, I plan on going with a one-off body kit ALL around. Why spend 1k on a kit right now when down the line i'll spend 3 times the amount and have something nobody does?

6. In RE: to fitment, offset, etc.... you just think you know so much just because you got wheels all of a sudden and you joined Shyne. A slogan attached to your sig doesn't mean you know it all. I'm not saying you don't know anything, but you don't know as much as you portray.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Finally, my car is a show car. Why blend in with the rest, what does that win? It's all about how you stand out from the crowd.
Unless you;re throwing down money like Rookie and randy standing out wont win you shiit in bigger shows lol unfortunately

Old 10-15-2009, 12:26 AM
I have no idea cause it should be considered retarded not VIP. And whoever hellaflush approved that should be slapped straight int he face....twice. That has to be one of the top 3 worst wheel setups of all time
That's all a matter of opinion. If it's not VIP, then what is? VIP surely isn't JUST wheels, although it is a factor of it.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 AM
meh, its a show car, what can you do? you need something that attracts the attention.

you know whats sad? car modding is suppose to be fun, the way you make it seem, its fvcking depressing.. man truly a dying breed
Failed attempt at ninja editing...for those who want to see the truth behind the post....

https://g35driver.com/forums/4628932-post5057.html

Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
when did i say i know so much about wheel fitment? you just infered all that, but you know what raised the red flag right away? the fact that you have to justify everything you do, you don't do anything without some kind of justification, there ALWAYS has to be a COMPLAINT no matter what

once again, you make car modding seem depressing

and one last thing, did i EVER attack your team? FIND me and QUOTE me the time when i attacked your team. I respect a team that is so huge and has been going on for so long, a person like you who is so high in his team should know better than to attack another persons team

i disagreed with your modding style, which happens ALL the time in this community, but i never said about OCGS, i kept it all towards your car. Maybe you should rethink some of your comments

Old 10-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
With that attitude, why even try modding? Everyone has to start somewhere to get better. Your trying to make it seem like its no point showing because ull never win.

Unless you;re throwing down money like Rookie and randy standing out wont win you shiit in bigger shows lol unfortunately

Old 10-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by donpisto
6. In RE: to fitment, offset, etc.... you just think you know so much just because you got wheels all of a sudden and you joined Shyne. A slogan attached to your sig doesn't mean you know it all. I'm not saying you don't know anything, but you don't know as much as you portray.
ouch...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.60 average.

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels & Stretched Tires: Post 'Em Up! [[Some NSFW]]