Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Aggressive Wheels & Stretched Tires: Post 'Em Up! [[Some NSFW]]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.60 average.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
whats the specs of wheels and tires on the OB?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
its time for new shoes, a little dirty..hehehe

Originally Posted by Adon

Old 08-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
^ they'll buff right out... I normally use baby wipes, it works wonders on shoes. quick easy and clean!

Old 08-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah i know the coils you guys are on will definitely be stiffer than stock suspension.. but the ride height doesn't budget even with a full car and trunk?? i just want to make sure before i leap right into this and i am assuming it is due to stiffer spring rates bc i read that people do leave their dampening on the softest settings. please correct me if im wrong

Old 08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts
black obsidian on the work vs-xx just jump started this tread back to life.

That car sit so much nicer than when it was on the volk gtv. Thumbs up

Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by jrhykushi
yeah i know the coils you guys are on will definitely be stiffer than stock suspension.. but the ride height doesn't budget even with a full car and trunk?? i just want to make sure before i leap right into this and i am assuming it is due to stiffer spring rates bc i read that people do leave their dampening on the softest settings. please correct me if im wrong

Not 100% sure what you are asking but most of us here that are on coils have our dampening set towards the stiffest settings not the softest to reduce/prevent rubbing, scraping, etc.

I can only speak for myself on the full car/trunk part of your statement. I set my ride height with an empty trunk. Obviously if I have a trunk full of stuff I'll be riding even lower, which is fine because even when my suspension is compressed in the rear I don't rub.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Not 100% sure what you are asking but most of us here that are on coils have our dampening set towards the stiffest settings not the softest to reduce/prevent rubbing, scraping, etc.

I can only speak for myself on the full car/trunk part of your statement. I set my ride height with an empty trunk. Obviously if I have a trunk full of stuff I'll be riding even lower, which is fine because even when my suspension is compressed in the rear I don't rub.
sorry for the confusion. i was just wondering if spring rates play the major role in suspension compression, or the stiffness/softness setting on the shocks

and i wanted to know if any of you guys ever drive with 3 passengers and luggage etc. i just want reassurance that i won't be rubbing with a full trunk and 3 other passengers if i run an aggressive setup. the other day i went camping with some friends, and the fenders were already hiding part of the rear tires. it was okay though because i only have 25mm spacers on oem 19's.

yeah once again, really sorry for the confusion lol

Old 08-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
haha, ya Nyteowl that's an old pic those shoes are long gone

Originally Posted by jrhykushi

don't take this the wrong way man not trying to be harsh but just wanna give you a reality check

but you can't just "leap right into this" there's a lot of things to it when riding like this. Some of the guys in here would probably make their friends bus or cab instead of letting them ride in the backseat, and I'm not even joking

And the fact that you don't even know the answers to some of the simpler questions you've already asks tells me and everyone else in here that you have a long way to go before you make the leap.

For your own good, do a lot of research ask the right people if you have too, this takes a long time, it personally took me year and a half to get the right wheels in my hands, and I wasn't even a noob to this when I started I knew a lot and it STILL took me a year and half.

But anyway this thread isn't the right place for your questions, we post pics in here and discuss specs that's about it. Go in this thread and ask your questions https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-...-ask-here.html

sorry for jibber jabber fellas,

Last edited by Adon; 08-16-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:33 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ You're absolutely right tho, Adon. You can't leap into this without doing a little bit of reading. I know that I've asked help from some members before, and they were happy to help me, but only because I was doing my own research and wanted to fine tune my look.

There isn't anything wrong with asking for help... but don't expect to just be spoon fed information when its out there for you to be able to read.

And this isn't as easy as picking up a set of wheels, slapping them on there, stretching some tires and then dropping the car. You gotta think too, okay what tire stretch is good for me? How low do I need to go? What kind of camber am I looking at? What type of fender work do I need? What kind of suspension will provide me with best driveability, lowering, and dampening? How low of offsets do I want? On top of asking these questions, is there a shop local to you that would be willing to even handle or want to take the risk of mounting stretched tires, rolling fenders, etc.? Answer these questions on your own first and then ask your other questions later.

Just remember too though, some people go through numerous sets of wheels and tires before they get that "perfect" look for them. Not saying that they have deep pockets or anything, most of us mod on a budget... but you gotta do your research first if you wanna have an aggressive stance and not go over your spending limits.

Diz stuff ain't cheapz foo!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
^ werD!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
wurd to yah motha

Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Pics pics pics!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
^^ You selling your wheels, Dranom? I heard a crazy rumor.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
here i just brought the pics from last page so they dont get buried under the rubble

here' are some pics my friend took while he was in New Jersey at a drift event recently. He has a drift team and goes to events all over with his crew

and these are some of the cars outside his shop here in town, he did my Cocaine White paintjob, he runs a paint and drift shop. Some of his team members cars, he's runnin stretched Nankang NS2's on the Soarer by the way

Old 08-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
^^ You selling your wheels, Dranom? I heard a crazy rumor.
Yeah its for sale.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.60 average.

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels & Stretched Tires: Post 'Em Up! [[Some NSFW]]