Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Cusco 6pt cage in a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's not a cage. it's bars bolted together inside a car. those tabs will snap off like saltines in the event of a crash.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
^ blah, blah, blah
Say something new or stop flapping your gums. We heard you already. "It's not a real cage." O.K. Cool. He said it was for show genius. F'n noobies...

Old 04-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Gotta just love the flamage about CUSCO. Obviously not many educated ppl here who know the reputation of Cusco and who they are over in Japan lol.

Wonder what grade bolts cusco supplies...probably grade 8 the strongest made. Doubt the tube thickness is weak sauce either.
The air bags would deploy in a collision or roll over and protect way before your head would smack the bars

This thread is entertaining lol.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
very

Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice. i love cusco cage's. i want one for my sedan in the near future. but right now thats not the look im going for.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ryan... I love how everyone assumes your car is a stock car... haha... how are you gonna make assumptions when you haven't even seen the whole car?

Old 04-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Gotta just love the flamage about CUSCO. Obviously not many educated ppl here who know the reputation of Cusco and who they are over in Japan lol.

Wonder what grade bolts cusco supplies...probably grade 8 the strongest made. Doubt the tube thickness is weak sauce either.
The air bags would deploy in a collision or roll over and protect way before your head would smack the bars

This thread is entertaining lol.
it's not the tubes or the bolts, it's the assembly method.

also, you're counting on airbags to deploy through the bars, around them, and...yeah that just got too dumb to even parse

japanese part companies build a reputation via racing for one main reason: to sell expensive crap to underinformed, overly rich japanese 16~28 year olds to put on their tacky cars. the simple fact that now and then they make a line of truly useful, well-made parts is simply beside the point. this cage is cusco's version of the apc tails.

let's all keep in mind that cusco is the same company that puts out a OMFG SO HIGH QUALITY USEFUL rear tie bar to mount the oem 06+sti rear "diffuser" on 04/05 sti's, and wrx's of all kinds. the bar does nothing worthwhile, nor does the diffuser, but it's made quite well. does it make any sense to buy? nope. is it marketed to folks with too much money and automotive adhd? damn straight.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I Love Ricks Cage!!!

Lcon Is Tha **** Haha

Old 04-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JS- stop hating dude, its no big deal.

cage looks sick man, im sure ull get supporting mods soon.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:02 PM
yea got more blue mods on the way

Old 04-25-2008, 01:07 PM
^ blah, blah, blah
Say something new or stop flapping your gums. We heard you already. "It's not a real cage." O.K. Cool. He said it was for show genius. F'n noobies...
I agree. The guy already said its for show purposes and not for track so im pretty sure he doesnt plan on flipping the car driving to a car show.

Heres your "dead weight" cusco roll bar after a 70+ foot fall off the road. It looks like the bar is the only part of the car that held up. Notice how none of the bars broke off and hit him in the head, I would say that works pretty darn good for a "show purpose" roll bar. I know welded bars are better, but you guys really underestimate the cusco/safty21 bars. Im not saying if he was to get into a crash with his G35 the outcome would be the same but you get my point.

Last edited by NytRyder2k2; 04-25-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 PM
oh yea i think u showed me this post couple months back

Old 04-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by NytRyder2k2
I agree. The guy already said its for show purposes and not for track so im pretty sure he doesnt plan on flipping the car driving to a car show.

Heres your "dead weight" cucsco roll bar after a 70+ foot fall off the road. It looks like the bar is the only part of the car that held up. Notice how none of the bars broke off and hit him in the head, I would say that works pretty darn good for a "show purpose" roll bar. I know welded bars are better, but you guys really underestimate the cusco/safty21 bars. Im not saying if he was to get into a crash with his G35 the outcome would be the same but you get my point.

i remember reading about this in s2ki.com they guy is fine from what i heard. wow...

Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
nice. i love cusco cage's. i want one for my sedan in the near future. but right now thats not the look im going for.
Just make sure you're FI'd, gonna track the car and wear a helmet at all times when driving the car when you finally decide to install one in your sedan.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by NytRyder2k2

Heres your "dead weight" cusco roll bar after a 70+ foot fall off the road. It looks like the bar is the only part of the car that held up. Notice how none of the bars broke off and hit him in the head, I would say that works pretty darn good for a "show purpose" roll bar. I know welded bars are better, but you guys really underestimate the cusco/safty21 bars. Im not saying if he was to get into a crash with his G35 the outcome would be the same but you get my point.

That car is running a Cusco Roll bar not a full cage as in the G35. So yes the occupants in the G would be more at risk to be impaled on the bars or at the very least hit their head on it causing more injuries.

God forbid a curtain airbag deploys and shears one of the bars off into your head.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cusco 6pt cage in a G35