Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

LA River + 6th Street Bridge Photoshoot: G35 + Charger **56k = noNo; lots of pics**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
LA River + 6th Street Bridge Photoshoot: G35 + Charger **56k = noNo; lots of pics**

Hey hey. On Memorial Day I went out with my bro to take a few shots of his ride (more pics of his car than mine). Just wanted to share and get some feedback on my shots. (: This was my first time shooting a black car; it's a bit tough.
Any kind of comment/criticism is welcome.
Here we go:

Taking shots while driving is a tad bit hard

Yes, this picture would have been better had my shutter speed been longer, but, alas, I've never tried this kind of shot before. Especially not while on a crowded freeway. I don't know how you other guys do it.

Who are these people? Let me explain: When we arrived at this spot, there was already another photoshoot going on; apparently this lady (pictured below) owns a TV show about tattoos. 5 minutes after we started setting up, they asked my bro if they could use his car in their shoot. She was sort of cute, but I was too shy to take pictures. They said the pictures would be up on http://www.dametinta.com but the site doesn't really work, just says "Coming Soon"

^ Ooops. This one's got my reflection in it -___-;

Gee, whiz, I wonder where this leads?

Stupid camera shake... but, you're damn right we shot ON the LA River
Had to take advantage of that one. No, I don't know how illegal or legal this is.

^ It was a bit mossy.

After leaving the river, we searched around for some other places to take shots and found this... "alley."

^ Still wondering if I should debadge my rear... I'm thinking no, until I get it lowered some time in the future. :P

Hope you enjoyed. Shout out to bigc. I saw him driving around that day and he stopped to say hi, but I failed to ask if he was on driver and found him purely by accident. Nice ride, bro!

Cheers.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Chris (bigc) was telling me he saw you guys at this spot, I'm definitely going to have to hit that spot up for a photoshoot soon.

Nice job on the pics. Some of them are a bit underexposed and you lose some of the detail in the black car. I'm still learning about exposure myself and face the same challenge, particulary when shooting a black car. Great choice of shooting location!

Old 06-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i still have not met one guys that ownes one of those SRT chargers that is acutally cool and down to earth. The few that i have met all have a big d1ck complex. Acting like they have the badest car on the road.

nice G35

Old 06-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Nice pix, why does the charger have those 3 small square vents on the fenders????

Old 06-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by SIN3
i still have not met one guys that ownes one of those SRT chargers that is acutally cool and down to earth. The few that i have met all have a big d1ck complex. Acting like they have the badest car on the road.

nice G35
Well there is a chance this guy was cool considering it isn't a real srt

I'm also curious why he put the pepboys squares on his fender.

Pictures turned out cool I think. Most of the people who get the really nice looking roll shots are using a rig. Having the long shutter while driving next to the car usually results in a crappy shot with blur everywhere. Good job!

Old 06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
pretty nice pics. the location is awesome.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by fhumphrey04

Pictures turned out cool I think. Most of the people who get the really nice looking roll shots are using a rig. Having the long shutter while driving next to the car usually results in a crappy shot with blur everywhere. Good job!

haha i just noticed that. I totally missed it. Nice location.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
awesome location the "river had" pics are perfect, keep up the good work

Old 06-06-2008, 05:23 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Chris (bigc) was telling me he saw you guys at this spot, I'm definitely going to have to hit that spot up for a photoshoot soon.

Nice job on the pics. Some of them are a bit underexposed and you lose some of the detail in the black car. I'm still learning about exposure myself and face the same challenge, particulary when shooting a black car. Great choice of shooting location!
Let me know when you go Marcus, i definitely wanna find out how to get into the river. Maybe we'll take Alex's car down there!

OP... you have some good potential here, but all the pictures are a bit soft. If you're not using a tripod, get one, it'll help out a lot. Also when you're shooting a black car, or any car for that matter, make sure you pick up a circular polarizer, it works wonders for reflections.

If you ever want to go shooting and get some practice, hit me up and i'll go out with ya and give you some tips/pointers and what not.
-GP-

Old 06-06-2008, 05:25 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts

using a rig is called a "Rig Shot"... driving along side another car taking pictures and snapping away is a rolling shot. If you know what you're doing, you wont get crappy pictures. Check out my gallery on my site and you'll see
-GP-

Old 06-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 10/250 second = 1/25 second = 0.04 second
# Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 200/10 = F20
# Exposure Program = shutter priority (4)
# ISO Speed Ratings = 100

1/25 is your problem. if you don't need to be shooting at f/20, then don't. and don't be scared to bump up your ISO a little if necessary. i'd rather see some slight noise than a soft/blurry picture.

i like the alley location.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 10/16000 second = 1/1600 second = 0.00063 second
# Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 18/10 = F1.8
# Exposure Program = aperture priority (3)
# ISO Speed Ratings = 100

as for you rolling shots, set it to shutter priority and adjust your shutter speed accordingly to how fast you and the subject are moving. you shouldn't be shooting at f/1.8 for this kinda shot.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
nice pictures man - it was great meeting you that day

these are the only good shots i got down there that day:
http://www.five-fifths.com/downtown1.jpg
http://www.five-fifths.com/downtown2.jpg
http://www.five-fifths.com/downtown3.jpg

Old 06-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice pics! sick scenery.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Locksmith
Nice pix, why does the charger have those 3 small square vents on the fenders????

+1

Last edited by Joaquin03; 06-06-2008 at 05:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LA River + 6th Street Bridge Photoshoot: G35 + Charger **56k = noNo; lots of pics**