Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

1st in class@the 47th annual carl casper custom auto show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
the cf on my car isnt real?..i dont know what leads you to say that,of course it is. i installed ever part on it myself..and as for the rear qurters it def. is an option to wrap and i will most likely lean that way unless i find a much better deal on rear quarters
I wouldn't call any of seibon's cf real at all. Your doors are probably a different issue, since I've heard you can loose up to 100 lbs with those. Plus they are made by a company other than seibon...

Old 02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
It is just a fiberglass piece coated in a layer of CF. The CF has almost no contribution to the structural integrity of the part, its just for looks, hence it isn't a "real" CF part. The CF is just for looks anyways, so its not different than wrapping your quarterpanels in CF, its just for looks
exactly. Further, if you are just going to paint the "cf" anyways, why are you getting cf quarter panels?

Old 02-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
Your car has great potential. I personally HATE the GTR front on G's, but it's not my car. I love the CF fenders and doors. Personally, I don't think you should paint any of it. Then, it loses it's appeal and it becomes a waste of money. I don't think a full CF G would look good, but again, that's just my opinion. As for the wheels, if your car were dropped, it wouldn't look bad. Nobody likes em on a car that doesn't look stock because a lot of people have them. But, they're not a bad wheel. And for your current color scheme, I think they work.

Honestly, as your car sits, there's only a few things I'd change (i mean, outside of your end vision). And I don't think it looks fugly at all. Just high.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
Explain? Just because you don't share his taste doesn't mean his build is all over the place.

OP the only thing I would recommend would be the painting of the CF sides and doors (the doors are sick by the way).
My taste in cars/builds are all over the place. I just dont slap on random parts. I actually think about what my theme is going to be. Whether its for the track, daily driven purpose,all show, track & show, and VIP styled or 100% VIP.

My explanation:

Purchase some sort of suspension. Whether it be springs or coilovers
(ex:HKS hypermax,Tein CS,JIC magic,D2 any type of spring combo)

Also, i would purchase some type of after market wheel. (ex: Jline,HRE,IForged,Volk,Work,SSR,FiveAxis,AME,Advan , 5zigen)
I dont think Axis Pentas are a good wheel choice for you theme. Just my .2$

The OP car has alot of potential, if the correct parts are used. I see where his theme is going. But like i said, he just needs some direction on how to take his build to the next level.
Personally, I would like the car more if the OEM where silver still and had some sort of drop.None rack look!

OP car has potential like Redskyline G coupe. He executed his theme pefectly

Once again. Im not hatin, just giving constructive criticism

Old 02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
i dont understand why everyone hates the 19in oems..just because they arent staggard doesnt mean there ****ty wheels
The OEM 19's are staggered. 19x8 front, 19x8.5 rear.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wouldn't call any of seibon's cf real at all. Your doors are probably a different issue, since I've heard you can loose up to 100 lbs with those. Plus they are made by a company other than seibon...
this is true..e doors came from china and i did loose about 160lbs between the 2 doors..and i understand the whole not being real CF.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

exactly. Further, if you are just going to paint the "cf" anyways, why are you getting cf quarter panels?
i never said i was painting any of my cf..i like the way cf looks,and if i were going for weight red. only i would have gone all fiber glass..it would have ben much cheaper.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Originally Posted by driftsucky
Your car has great potential. I personally HATE the GTR front on G's, but it's not my car. I love the CF fenders and doors. Personally, I don't think you should paint any of it. Then, it loses it's appeal and it becomes a waste of money. I don't think a full CF G would look good, but again, that's just my opinion. As for the wheels, if your car were dropped, it wouldn't look bad. Nobody likes em on a car that doesn't look stock because a lot of people have them. But, they're not a bad wheel. And for your current color scheme, I think they work.

Honestly, as your car sits, there's only a few things I'd change (i mean, outside of your end vision). And I don't think it looks fugly at all. Just high.
thanks for the compliments,and as a matter of fact i just bought new/used wheels from another member,i pick them up on monday..theyre the 19" ssw D5R's they look sick there in the fs section..ill post new pics of the car once theyre on

Old 02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
My taste in cars/builds are all over the place. I just dont slap on random parts. I actually think about what my theme is going to be. Whether its for the track, daily driven purpose,all show, track & show, and VIP styled or 100% VIP.

My explanation:

Purchase some sort of suspension. Whether it be springs or coilovers
(ex:HKS hypermax,Tein CS,JIC magic,D2 any type of spring combo)

Also, i would purchase some type of after market wheel. (ex: Jline,HRE,IForged,Volk,Work,SSR,FiveAxis,AME,Advan , 5zigen)
I dont think Axis Pentas are a good wheel choice for you theme. Just my .2$

The OP car has alot of potential, if the correct parts are used. I see where his theme is going. But like i said, he just needs some direction on how to take his build to the next level.
Personally, I would like the car more if the OEM where silver still and had some sort of drop.None rack look!

OP car has potential like Redskyline G coupe. He executed his theme pefectly

Once again. Im not hatin, just giving constructive criticism
i saw the build of this vehicle from start to finish..he had the first gtr front,his car was the prototype..this car was executed perfectly..but his budget seemed to be alittle more flexible than mine as well..it seems the build of this car was completed in amere few months

Old 02-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
congrats on the win

Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You all need to see it in person pictures dont do it justice. At the CARL CASPER CUSTOM (national) car show the guy who runs the show came up to me and told me that our car BY FAR got more compliments than any other "newer" car there. He personally ask us to make sure we make it in next year because he will be saving us a spot.

Mike knows what he wants and it will be that one day but he is scraficing for me, our son and our wedding that is coming up soon! Give him a year and then lets see where it is!

Plus i bought the GTR bumper!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 AM
ihaha you had to get your wife to sign up and defend you dude? how old are we? you have to be young...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Carl Casper will have a heart attack is he ever sees Marty Randy or Viet's rides lol

Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by 04Gwhiz
ihaha you had to get your wife to sign up and defend you dude? how old are we? you have to be young...
WOW! I just notice the screen name and join date.

I guess he couldn't handle constructive criticism

Old 02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
WOW! I just notice the screen name and join date.

I guess he couldn't handle constructive criticism
Nope not at all in fact he didnt know i joined until this morning. I joined because i am debating on if i want a G or a Z. And to see the ones posted for sale.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st in class@the 47th annual carl casper custom auto show