Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

The Greengoblin build thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:57 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Matzo Ball Soup
lol nice

Originally Posted by Gdriver90
in for MOAR!!

Originally Posted by Glex25
Can't wait to see it Danny

Been a long time coming
Thanks bro, if anyone car relate I know you can.

Originally Posted by TofuProductions
all we get is an update on PAINT!?!?

I'm totally kidding. Keep us updated! mooooarr!
Fine I wont update anymore... lol

Originally Posted by 4DGS
**** the forged shop is nuts. Bunch of dirty Zs, fast as **** brand new STI and two GTRs.... Nuts
Thats not even all of them. I think they had like 7 GTR there.

Originally Posted by patob27
did you paint the helmet green too or was it like that? lol
Its custom airbrushed, I will post some pics when it is complete.

Originally Posted by escobar929
this
Thank Jose

Originally Posted by rketchjr
Hey Danny. Paint job looks sick!!! Can you hit me up so I can do some work my car. PM please.
Will do.

Last edited by GreenGoblin; 03-22-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
Great progress Danny . Can't wait to see it at a show in Fl :-)

Old 03-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Me I work part time at a body shop. The shop is local, Mad Mods done work for many members on here.
should i ring my baby up so u could put the special touches on her?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookin good!!! Ha that is the understatement of the year... It looks amazing, I almost shorted the keyboard out drooling!! Time to work on the driveway. The wife and I have been looking for houses. The only requirement I told her was a three car garage and a flat driveway so I wont scrape

Old 03-22-2011, 09:57 PM
The goblin resurrection

Originally Posted by nyqueenz
should i ring my baby up so u could put the special touches on her?
Lance anytime bro, would love to work on your ride.

Originally Posted by speedjunkie_G35
Lookin good!!! Ha that is the understatement of the year... It looks amazing, I almost shorted the keyboard out drooling!! Time to work on the driveway. The wife and I have been looking for houses. The only requirement I told her was a three car garage and a flat driveway so I wont scrape
I actually have the worst driveway in the history of slammed cars. Here is a little video of how I have to get into my garage.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Sent you a text Danny

Haven't seen you on AIM in awhile

Keep going off road hehehe

Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Danny how are you planning on shooting the outside? I cut in all of my parts just like you did. I then back taped them and shot the outside of them. For the car I painted the car jams and fenders all in one shot. That way I had no tape lines at all and I could bolt everything back together. It looks like you are doing a solid color so you should not have to paint the car together like you would with candy paint. Its looking great I can't wait to see it done.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 PM
The goblin resurrection

Simpson exactly how I am doing it, so that I do not get any tape edges in the jambs. Color has no metallic etc so it should be a go to shoot it apart.

Now get down here and help me block the rest of the car...

Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Simpson exactly how I am doing it, so that I do not get any tape edges in the jambs. Color has no metallic etc so it should be a go to shoot it apart.

Now get down here and help me block the rest of the car...
lol i would love to see some warm weather for a change. Im scared if i show up you might finish this project. Then there would be no good reason to get on driver anymore.

under the hood i taped the bottom of the fender lip so all of the fender bolts got painted in place. Just make sure you have everything fitted before hand. My hood is a little off but i do not want to make up the bolts now. I might just bend it into place like i would at work anyway lol

Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
The goblin resurrection

Originally Posted by simpson
lol i would love to see some warm weather for a change. Im scared if i show up you might finish this project. Then there would be no good reason to get on driver anymore.

under the hood i taped the bottom of the fender lip so all of the fender bolts got painted in place. Just make sure you have everything fitted before hand. My hood is a little off but i do not want to make up the bolts now. I might just bend it into place like i would at work anyway lol
Ahahah ya if I finish then what am I going to do... I don't want to work on any of my other projects yet....

I know exactly what you mean, to ADJUST it

Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM
lol you know how it goes. All of the old heads at work still use spacers and shims. I bend to fit. I just did a full reno on a 69 camaro. Those things have shims everywhere. I put the whole car back together with only 2 shims. My boss asked how i did it i just smiled and said its the new age get with the program.

you need to finish that bad as s truck you got rotting away.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:52 PM
The goblin resurrection

Originally Posted by simpson
lol you know how it goes. All of the old heads at work still use spacers and shims. I bend to fit. I just did a full reno on a 69 camaro. Those things have shims everywhere. I put the whole car back together with only 2 shims. My boss asked how i did it i just smiled and said its the new age get with the program.

you need to finish that bad as s truck you got rotting away.
Ya I hate shims. We have so many resto's going on I want to jump out a window. 56 belair, 63 impala, 64 impala, 67 lincoln, 64 lincoln, 70's camaro, 69 chevelle, and a few others.

As soon as the car is finished actually I am going to get cracking on working on the truck again.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:57 PM
56 belair, 63 impala, 64 impala, 67 lincoln, 64 lincoln, 70's camaro, 69 chevelle, and a few others.

ewwwww. i hate old cars

any colors in mind for the truck?

Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Lance anytime bro, would love to work on your ride.

I actually have the worst driveway in the history of slammed cars. Here is a little video of how I have to get into my garage.

YouTube - g35
no you dont.. thats cake! my driveway is a giant hill.. my friend who drives a slammed camaro has to back his car into my neighbors driveway which is flat, then back all the way over my front lawn to the bottom of my driveway and turn 90 degrees to make it up.. other wise he will smash his front or rear into the ground lol.. I scrape my car if I dont go in on the right angle

Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
The goblin resurrection

Originally Posted by zoop425
no you dont.. thats cake! my driveway is a giant hill.. my friend who drives a slammed camaro has to back his car into my neighbors driveway which is flat, then back all the way over my front lawn to the bottom of my driveway and turn 90 degrees to make it up.. other wise he will smash his front or rear into the ground lol.. I scrape my car if I dont go in on the right angle
What you can't see from the video is the left side of the driveway is about a 8" drop. Many have tried to climb my driveway, few have made it; lots have lost the battle...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Greengoblin build thread