Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

LS1 Drift Build 'Nuff Said'

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering about the next update too

So what's your plans for exhaust? (sorry if I missed it, saw the headers but what about the pipes, cats, mufflers) I think its funny that the G has plenty of room under it for true duals with cats and any mufflers you want while most originally equipped LS cars have a terrible time fitting them!

Old 09-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by JBF
Have you had "OAKED" Arrogant Bastard Ale yet?
yes yes yes!! Stone is my favorite brewing Co. Sublimely Self Rightous Ale is epic as well. Black DIPA.

Just picked up som of that and Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by JBF
Have you had "OAKED" Arrogant Bastard Ale yet?
Oh hell yeah, def had it... I was going to cover that one after the Octoberfest stuff.. good choice..

Originally Posted by mikedamageinc
I was wondering about the next update too

So what's your plans for exhaust? (sorry if I missed it, saw the headers but what about the pipes, cats, mufflers) I think its funny that the G has plenty of room under it for true duals with cats and any mufflers you want while most originally equipped LS cars have a terrible time fitting them!
As for the exhaust setup. I plan to run QTPs (which are electric cut outs) at the track, And have them switched off for the street running back to my exhaust I have now.. Prb add a nice X-pipe in the middle to quite the sound some if I plan to drive on the street.

Originally Posted by Matzo Ball
yes yes yes!! Stone is my favorite brewing Co. Sublimely Self Rightous Ale is epic as well. Black DIPA.

Just picked up som of that and Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout.
Yeah Stone is the ****... def a good pick up... Some might not like if you are new to beers..

Old 09-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
Stone is not for beginners. Them, Russian River, and Firestone Walker are my fav CA brewers.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Nice progress man!

Old 09-18-2011, 06:37 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
I thought you were going to update the thread yesterday, Edafe!

Old 09-18-2011, 11:15 PM
^^ sorry no, I was just saying I was going to update today... And here we are

STAGE 2: Phase 1 'Dropping Engine'

So like I said last week,here are two more Octoberfest beers. We have UFO Pumpkin, which is really good in my opinion. I like their Hefeweizen so this one did not disappoint at all.Easy drinking with a lingering pumpkin aftertaste on the back of the tongue so good..

Next we have Magic Hat "HEX", I just love Magic Hat's marketing.. Well I really like this beer, love that they used Toffee and Carmel gives a good taste but finishes with a smoky taste.. Really good...

Okay before we jump into the build this is a short one due to it only referring to pulling the motor and shipping it off, but it is an important one.

Make sure you have a good engine hoist. I started by removing the tranny first and all the exhaust from the car.

After I did that I started to remove all the radiator support stuff with the radiator. I then proceeded to remove or disconnect all the wires. I also just snapped/cut all hoses I was not going to use, including power steering hose, fuel and so on.. Reason for this is that I plan to replace all of these with AN hoses anyway...... And one last thing say goodbye to AC........lol

And she is out..... It is really easy to remove the VQ motor, it was only me doing it and it took me two days, due to work... So don't be scared to do it your self...

Already have a buyer for the engine/tranny so I have to crate them up for shipping...

Sat like this for a couple of days do to me not having my wood yet...

Finally got my wood and had every thing crated up and secured... Truck/shipping guy arrived and it was time to say goodbye to this VQ motor

going up.....

Goodbye,.,., we had fun but it was time to move on....

Here is what the bay looks like with out nothing in it... I also removed my windshield wipers and almost every clip..

Before the LS1 can put up his "there is no place like home" frame. I will be doing a list of things to make his home pretty.. For one I will be removing the ABS system and redoing my brake lines... I might also cover up all holes I am not going to use... Oh and lets not forget about the main ingredient,, my tube chassis...

So since we did not spend no money this week,, I think we are doing good...lol

Total price so far: $9,089.16

Next week STAGE 3: Phase 1 'LS1 Mock Up'

The following users liked this post:
driftsucky (09-19-2011)
Old 09-18-2011, 11:23 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Moving right along Edafe, very nice.

You are running OEM sways? I would have expected that you had aftermarket ones.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:31 PM
^^ haha nope all factory, don't even have camber arms or toe arms... But that is all going to change with this build... revamping my whole suspension with camber,traction and toe arms, also sway bars and much more...

CandlestickPark (09-18-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I love this build Edafe. What I love most (that puts it above every other build I can remember) is that you put in price points. That saves SOOOOOO much time and research since that's normally such a large factor as to whether or not the build is even feasible for someone else. Keep up the good work man. And I hope to some day live in an area that has more than Labatt Blue. lol

Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Received 92 Likes on 76 Posts
That's so sick...i hope to see this when it's done afta i move down the TX...

Old 09-20-2011, 02:30 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Looking good

Old 09-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
still an inspring build. Question: the new oil pan *looks* significantly smaller than the stock one on the LS1, any concerns with the oil leaning out in left/right switch overs?

Last edited by IvoryGT; 09-20-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by driftsucky
I love this build Edafe. What I love most (that puts it above every other build I can remember) is that you put in price points. That saves SOOOOOO much time and research since that's normally such a large factor as to whether or not the build is even feasible for someone else. Keep up the good work man. And I hope to some day live in an area that has more than Labatt Blue. lol
Thanks bro for the kind words.. That was the whole idea in the beginning.. Wanted to have a very in-depth build thread so glad to see it is helping some...

I know my route is more expensive then most but it shines some light on some areas..

Originally Posted by D&G35
That's so sick...i hope to see this when it's done afta i move down the TX...
Thanks bro,, when and where are you heading to TX?

Originally Posted by IvoryGT
still an inspring build. Question: the new oil pan is significantly smaller than the stock one on the LS1, any concerns with the oil leaning out in left/right switch overs?
I don't think it holds less,, cause it is a 8 quart high capacity oil pan.. Doesn't the LS1 hold 7.. But I am also using a Acusump..

IvoryGT (09-20-2011)
Old 09-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
Oil starving issues during yaws shouldnt be an issue. Thats what the design of the baffle is for. It only looks smaller to clear the steering.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: LS1 Drift Build 'Nuff Said'