Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Show your Strafe 2nd gen emblemless grilles here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Now I'm pissed. Dustin, why the hell aren't YOU (not Strafe) responding to my emails? I've responded directly to your broadcast emails and also sent test emails. How the hell are you going to try running a business without corresponding to the CUSTOMER, whom is 50% OF THE TRANSACTION?

My wife keeps saying for us to chargeback, but your email with the shipping information and pics threw me way off. I have some concerns and you're going to simply treat me like I'm nothing?

Admin or mods, do you have a way of contacting Dustin directly to get a response? This guy is dead.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sorry for your troubles but I'm not surprised.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm surprised because this vendor was approved by this forum, and it's the first one I've done "business" with. I am shocked that there is a complete lack of willingness to return emails, even when issues are brought to attention publicly. As I've stated before, I don't ever post threads about what can be resolved behind the scenes, but what else is one to do before charging back a transaction? How many chances does one give before throwing in the towel? A part of me says he is having troubles in his business (or main job?), but the other part says this is con artistry at its finest. I will not be taken, and the admins of this forum must consider the ramifications of promoting /advocating /harboring a criminal.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
u people might as well do chargebacks..place is a joke

Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Premier Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I think if anyone on here should get communication and be up to date with whats going on its
SQconstable. Your the one if im not mistaken that made this possible for us by buying 4 grilles( we thank you ). I hope you get some feedback soon. Im going to send him an email to get mine hopefully on its way. G/L all.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
ehhh i ve been following this thread and the last for a while cause i used to be on the list...

if this ever happens i ll take one off of you SQconstable

but i m sorry to hear about this..

Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Premier Member

Just got an email update.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
Guys I sent emails out two days ago and follow up email to everyone a second ago. I can post emails and time stamps iff mods will allow it.

No money was stolen. No money is being taken. Grilles are ready to ship. I am awaiting rest of payment from individuals to ship them out. My email:dustin.strafe@Gmail.com

Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Original email sent April 9th along w. Pics. And then I resent the same email again today as a follow up...in total 3 emails were sent.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Premier Member

order placed. Not sure if i pasted the right thing or not.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
^everything was perfect.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by K33P H8N
Original email sent April 9th along w. Pics. And then I resent the same email again today as a follow up...in total 3 emails were sent.
I received one email before I started typing this, and then a second one today with the conceptautomotive.net link after I began this post.

On my bank statement 6 months ago:
10/14 Card Purchase 10/13 Strafe Automotive Ll 800-346-968 CA Card XXXX $200.00

So yes, my money was taken, and I feel that you have not provided us enough assurance over this whole project that things are actually moving forward. Now, you're saying you are awaiting the rest of the payments for these grills to be shipped. That is too vague for someone like me who has paid $15 more than what you're asking for ($200 vs $185). Wouldn't someone like me receive some sort of email like, "Hey Jon, the actual grill plus shipping came out to less, so I'll refund you $15"? Or perhaps an email like, "Hey Jon, I see you are wanting to know paint/finish options, so here they are, and at these prices: ___ ____ _____."

The email you sent out with the pictures is contradictory to the information you posted in the original email thread (which is now closed and was never opened back up as promised). In that thread, you once stated that finish options would be posted "on Monday". You came back saying you were busy, and more time passed. Finally, it was said that the grilles would be gel-coated white. The original thread showed someone else's black grilles, and we all understood those weren't your finished products, but we liked them, and I'm sure most people here were hoping to get a grille in black. Now, we have the April 9th email showing black grilles, so I'm naturally thinking that's just a teaser pic showing what the finished grille COULD look like. We have no idea what exactly is being shipped, and this is why I'm concerned that you haven't responded to my PERSONAL emails. Simply sending updates without addressing individual customers' concerns is not very professional. I understand you might have some other things going on, but you never really let people know just how long this whole process could take.

Ultimately, you keep side-stepping the personal emails (you and Lawrence) I send. I would ask a specific question, and it would not be answered.

Dustin, I know you sent us all a few emails, as I can see the other recipients in the To: field. However, it was generic and did not address individual's concerns or requests. We sent you numerous emails before the recent time-stamped emails you sent from dustin.strafe@gmail.com, and these emails continue to go unanswered.

I don't know how else to say this, but the disorganization and lack of correspondence to your investors throughout the project has been very disappointing. I was hoping to provide you with professional pics with this thread (I'm a photographer) and help you sell more of these grilles. There are people I know that will see that grille on my car and instantly want one. If you're in this internet business to make money, the email/phone communication aspect MUST be improved or people are going to bail on you.

Do you understand how close we were to charging back that $200? I am somewhat relieved that you have finally taken the time to respond in this thread, although I am not convinced I'll be refunded $15, that the grille will be glossy black, or that I'll even receive a tracking number. It seems you do not like to check emails or something. Send me a SMS txt to my cell at least if you're on the *******. I don't care, but my wife was expecting this gift a long time ago (and yes, I understand the grille needed to be perfect and sent back for improvements, and that is appreciated), but she's a business woman and doesn't like bullshit answers or false promises when it comes to deadlines.

Let us know the paint options and any other details that other members have been asking about. Most importantly, let ME know if my grille is, for some reason, going to cost $200 or $185 for whatever detailed reasons.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:31 PM
^i will look for that email and respond accordingly. All grille orders will get tracking via fedex ground

Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I just received a new email from you:

"Also guys to add to the previous emails. Glossy black paint can be added for $120 more. Put that in notes field if you like and we can add that in before shipment."

This is what I'm talking about - I'm sure some people here assumed that the glossy black was going to be free for the first 10 depositors. What exactly will we be shipped for the $185 finish-wise, Dustin?

Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
White gel coated grille. No grilles will come painted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Show your Strafe 2nd gen emblemless grilles here!