Picture Share Pics of your or others' rides!

Show your Strafe 2nd gen emblemless grilles here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Show your Strafe 2nd gen emblemless grilles here!

If anyone has received theirs yet, post them pics! I'm interested in seeing what final color you went with, and also how you matched your trim (which is "chrome" from the factory).

Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
I have not received anything nor have I been charged for anything. I sent Dustin a PM and got no response, the original thread was closed, and I am very confused at the moment.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Has anyone received anything about this at all? I have sent Dustin a few PMs/email and have received NO RESPONSE at all. I'm thinking I might have to start my own "Strafe - Worst Customer Service" thread soon...

Old 03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
It appeared that they wanted no more communication publicly, so I figured most people were corresponding via email or phone with them about these grilles. Surely someone has theirs already. I required a glossy black finish, so it should take a lot longer than the current white finish. Anyone getting just the white finish? If so, do you have your grille yet? I didn't want to have to start a new thread, but that other one is closed and this was left hangin'. I actually purchased this grille (actually I may be stuck with four, we'll see) because I wanted it on my car, not to test the fitting/production process of Strafe.

I sent Dustin an email just now, so I'll see what the status is. My wife bugged me about it and I have to tell her something. I don't want to look like I'm slackin' on something like this. It's her car and she's been waiting a long time for that gift. I've been having to not talk about the car purposely so she doesn't bring it up, but I know she's been thinking about it.

Last edited by SQconstable; 03-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
No reply via email yet. Monday's are big business days though, so I'll give it another day. I really hope I hear something back. Maybe these are older guys that only really like to talk with people on the phone. I dealt with a week-long response interval with a bike shop, finally receiving a phone call from the shop owner - he was all defensive about how he was 55 and not a computer/email person. I guess we all just need to call them on the phone. I'll try to do that in the morning.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Good luck, I've sent PMs/Email on 3/7, 3/13, and 3/16. I will try to call later today, I am getting very close to just filing a dispute with my credit card at this point (for my original deposit, I have yet to see any charges for the entire grill).

Old 03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Let me know if you get an answer via phone. It's too loud right now at work to make a phone call.

I am a merchant and would fear a chargeback, so it's a last resort, but it is comforting to know as a consumer that option does exist if necessary. I'm really concerned because I have four grilles worth of deposits put down because it was what the community needed to get that project started. I thought Strafe was a well-respected entity with the full support of G35driver.com as an "approved vendor". I didn't think this would be an issue at all. I really hope I'm not jumping the gun in my thinking on what's going on with such an approved vendor, and maybe it really does take 6-7 months to create and produce a grille. I have no idea since I do not work in that industry. My worry is that companies go down all the time, and the lack of correspondence by this vendor potentially could change their status as a G35driver approved vendor. Any admins or mods talked with Strafe or communicated with them recently?

Has anyone else been able to get through to Strafe? I really dislike saying this stuff publicly because I had full faith this process was going to be professional, but it worried me when the main thread was closed and some terms/conditions referenced to the "sale" of these grilles. I feel like things have been turned around on me and it wasn't exactly the group-buy sorta deal we were promised in the beginning. Can someone who has done business with Strafe please alleviate my concerns? This post can be modified by the admins as needed after the issues are worked out with this company, but I would reconsider their status on this forum if a lack of communication continues. Sorry, Dustin, but you or Lawrence have not properly communicated with those that helped bring this project to a start, and we still have no product in our hand. We feel, as depositors, that we would receive a little better treatment from a company that is approved by such a reputable forum community.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Update: Dustin responded and said:

"Final grille being picked up painted this week. Also we are waiting for rest to be completed from production. We will open the thread and provide update to forum this week. We want painted and installed pics up so all can see."

I am not sure what color or finish it will be though, so I inquired and hope to hear back soon. I can take pics for everyone, so I just want the glossy black grille already.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 PM
^ I did not have a chance to call, but I did receive a response from Strafe Automotive (Lawrence?) stating that he is waiting on 'their guy' to finish the grilles. I'm assuming that this project was 'outsourced' to 'their guy' and Strafe is waiting for the finished products.

I am quite astonished that it took me 13 calendar days to get any type of response. However, I did not start including Lawrence in my PMs until 3/16 - looking back at the fact that he responded within 2 business days, that is quite acceptable. Perhaps I should have included him with my prior PMs to Dustin...

Nevertheless, I am glad we got some type of info and will continue to wait patiently now..

Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I bought this grill in November(i believe) and i think it arrived sometime towards the end of January. I'll post up pictures when I get my car back from the shop.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:50 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^This thread is for 2nd gen sedan strafe emblemless grills.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Damn you Marcus! Lol jk. My bad

Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
I was told I should have 6 by Friday. I showed the guy whose grille we used my inquiry's on my email. to when will these be made and my frustrations with the lag. I have been a part of the design and R&D on this. I was not happy with the grille and sent it back. Until I was finally happy I gave the go ahead to get these out... Its not as simple as one thinks to have stuff made in a timely manner and have to rely on other people. Makes Strafe look bad to our customers. I wish these were done when I asked the last time. I understand the grilles are important to you all. I have this and a ton of other things that I'm trying to get out to Customers before I get another thread on my customer service.. I apologize to all of you on the lag. Some things I just can't control....I hope 6 are ready Friday....Feel free to email me anytime.....I don't get in the threads much right now and email is on my Droid so I can respond from anywhere.
Please be a bit more Patient......These will be done...

The following 2 users liked this post by Strafe Automotive:
SQconstable (03-23-2012), ttv36 (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks Lawrence. I think it's just that the internet community is always on our computers waiting for updates on the cutting edge stuff. I've never done business with your company previously, so since I saw you were an approved vendor here with an actual build thread (to get 10 deposits) on this item, I got the impression y'all were really big into the forum side of the business. I run a business where we must address every single forum PM and email the same half-day period or it is heard about. I know the feeling when things are out of your control, but there's quite an internet savvy crowd here with fast access to email with bookmarks to the URL's we check up on constantly. Sometimes it takes a dedicated person to handle the forum/internet commerce part of a business, but it's totally worth it. I would love to take professional product pics for a talented company just to help someone out.

I think the only concern is that some of the people that put forth the funds to get this project rolling are concerned about what we read in that hate thread (which I understand is a high priority). I'm surprised moderators and admins are allowing an approved vendor here to be trash-talked like that.

As long as the online community is kept updated and no false promises of "we'll be shipping mid-next-week" or getting any hopes up like that, there won't be any problems.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
Good NEWS!!!!!! 5 are done. Dustin makes parts run tomorrow...Thanks all for sticking by Us. I know it has been hard to wait....these should be out now with ease. Go through Dustin now to get yours

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Show your Strafe 2nd gen emblemless grilles here!