Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 PM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cloud
a wooden block under the clutch pedal ?
j/k lol

lol...you have no idea how close you are.

well, i just got my D-wolf clutch kit today. I will say that i am impressed with the feel of it, but....in no way do i feel that something as simple as this is worth $45 (not $40 anymore). $10...$15...maybe even $20. but no more. By continuing to tell people to keep it "on the down low" and not post pics, i believe the creator (whoever that may be) is just trying to make a profit from us members on the forum.

This product is not copyrighted nor is it patented, which is why I think they are making a big deal to not post pictures about it. And even if it was, it would be so simple (and cheaper) to make something that does the same thing without breaking any copyright laws.

I want to make this clear that i am not complaining about the product itself, but am "complaining" at the "inventor" for charging so much for something that probably only cost at most $5 imo.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Yume

well, i just got my D-wolf clutch kit today. I will say that i am impressed with the feel of it, but....in no way do i feel that something as simple as this is worth $45 (not $40 anymore). $10...$15...maybe even $20. but no more. By continuing to tell people to keep it "on the down low" and not post pics, i believe the creator (whoever that may be) is just trying to make a profit from us members on the forum.

This product is not copyrighted nor is it patented, which is why I think they are making a big deal to not post pictures about it. And even if it was, it would be so simple (and cheaper) to make something that does the same thing without breaking any copyright laws.

I want to make this clear that i am not complaining about the product itself, but am "complaining" at the "inventor" for charging so much for something that probably only cost at most $5 imo.
Sooooo, was the fix worth the $45 or not?

There is no doubt, in my mind and as you have stated and experienced, that this kit will resolve the long clutch pedal travel issue. It's up to the you folks to determine whether or not the said issue is worth the $45 to fix.

As I have mentioned, either in this thread or another, I would have gladly paid $100 to fix this issue. That is the value which I had placed on remedying this issue. If it is not worth the $45, then please don't spend your hard earned dollars and later complain that it works, but should cost less. To do so, would be absolutely ludicrous.

I simply don't get it . . .

Edit: Sorry, Terry . . . But I simply could not help myself.

Last edited by Andy2434; 07-19-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
Sooooo, was the fix worth the $45 or not?

There is no doubt, in my mind and as you have stated and experienced, that this kit will resolve the long clutch pedal travel issue. It's up to the you folks to determine whether or not the said issue is worth the $45 to fix.

As I have mentioned, either in this thread or another, I would have gladly paid $100 to fix this issue. That is the value which I had placed on remedying this issue. If it is not worth the $45, then please don't spend your hard earned dollars and later complain that it works, but should cost less. To do so, would be absolutely ludicrous.

I simply don't get it . . .

Edit: Sorry, Terry . . . But I simply could not help myself.
Don't even start with the pricing, no one wants to pay more for a part than its "percieved value" including yourself. Had terry priced the mod at $5, I highly doubt you would have given him $45 for it. Are you saying you've never complained that something was overpriced?

Old 07-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by redlude97
Don't even start with the pricing, no one wants to pay more for a part than its "percieved value" including yourself. Had terry priced the mod at $5, I highly doubt you would have given him $45 for it. Are you saying you've never complained that something was overpriced?
Thank you . . . That's exactly my point. If I perceive that an item is over priced for the value received . . . I simply DO NOT purchase it. Personally, for me to do so would be silly, wouldn't it?

. . . And to be honest about it . . . Yes, I would have paid anyone much more monies to fix this issue. As I have said, I took my car back to the dealership and was willing to pay to have this issue fixed . . . Because for me, the value of having the pedal travel issue fixed would have been worth the monies to do so. Unfortunately, both Infiniti of Serramonte and Oakland had no fixes for this. So, having had gone through those two situations, the D-Wolf Kit was a welcome and worthwhile expense.

Obviously, not everyone welcomes this fix, which is quite understandable. Everyone has different needs and priorities, as it should be.

I started this thread for those whom are in need and seeking a fix to this said issue and can afford the price of, what is now, some $45.

So, here is a simple fix. You can either opt to take advantage of it or not. It's essentially as simple as that. There really is no need to complicate matters anymore than that, unless you choose to do so, as such.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by redlude97
You people act as if it hurts to pay $45 dollars for a mod im sure most of you wouldn't really bother to create.

I thought we were in a G35 forum, not a beater civic forum

What's $45 dollars for a G owner? 3/4's of a gas tank?

I just don't like the fact that some members here & over at my350z.com are bringing skepticism or doubt into a product that works.

Taking a "risk" on a $45 dollar product might be the smallest risk you'll ever take on a G35 mod.

Not trying to stir anything up here... my post isn't meant to offend you doubters/skeptics.

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 07-20-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree w/ skater and Andy--this mod so far has been really great--and I don't care if the cost of the materials are only a few bucks. Personally, I feel the price is a fair one as the mod has worked flawlessly since it was installed and the inventor had to have spent quite a bit of time getting everything right--(very easy install as well)--I'd buy a D-wolf clutch adjustment kit over a ps3 game or the like any day.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you, Skater and Jon.

I started this thread to share my experience with the D-Wolf Clutch Kit, as I have with mostly all of the items, which I have purchased for my G.

Hopefully, others find themselves in need of this excellent and simple fix and this thread is productive for them. It's an open market. You either buy it or you don't.

If anyone, whom has purchased this kit, has had a bad experience with the kit . . . Please, voice your comments/concerns. I am sure that Terry will be more than pleased to address your questions.

We are beyond the point of whether this works or not . . . It works! A couple of us, including myself, have actually taken our cars into the dealership and have shown/spoken with the techs about this kit . . . And in both instances, we were told that this kit is good to go and is not detrimental to our cars.

Once again, because of comments made by some detractors of this kit . . . This kit will cost you $45. If you feel that $45 is worth the price to fix the long travel of the clutch pedal prior to the engagement of the clutch . . . Purchase this D-Wolf Kit. If not . . . Thank you for taking the time to read this post and evaluating your needs for such a kit.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
before purchasing this kit, might I recommend a little reading on the last few pages of this thread: http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278666
The thread might give you all some insight on to what this kit is and does exactly.

Here is a teaser quote:
[quote]
Originally Posted by PM-Performance
I gave the product its props. it works as it is a piece that keeps the pedal from hitting the floor and that allows less travel.

I will not give it that it took tons of R&D and alot of money to make it work. You say machined, I say you bought a bar of delrin in whatever size and cut them down into small coasters per say and stuck 3M tape on them.

being up front with people in the beginning would have been better. I only bought it to confirm if it was what I thought it was. Indeed I was correct.
Your post a few up was the first real post that gave any detail. That I will applaud you for, but unfortunately it took too much to get any kind of detailed info out of you.
Just looking out for my g35 guys Cheers

Old 07-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
[QUOTE=Conceyted]before purchasing this kit, might I recommend a little reading on the last few pages of this thread: http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278666
The thread might give you all some insight on to what this kit is and does exactly.

Here is a teaser quote:

Just looking out for my g35 guys Cheers
LOL . . . I have been expecting you. What took you so long.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Just goes to show the capitalistic nature of people. I always thought the purpose of a forum was to assist and relate to other enthusiats. That is the only reason I refuse to pay for the D-Wolf kit even though I know it will work. I'm waiting for someone to figure it out on their own or just post pics of the kit.

Next thing you know someone is going to start charging for information on how to do foglight rewires, instructions on how to install parts, etc. Whoever created the kit is not a VQ enthusiast. He found a way to improve upon the car and choses not to share the information but rather take money from chumps, I use chumps instead of peers as obviously that what he thinks of us.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey for since you're a big baller like me and driving a luxurious G35 want to send me $15 for top secret information on how to reset your ecu and gain 10hp???

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
You people act as if it hurts to pay $45 dollars for a mod im sure most of you wouldn't really bother to create.

I just don't like the fact that some members here & over at my350z.com are bringing skepticism or doubt into a product that works.

Taking a "risk" on a $45 dollar product might be the smallest risk you'll ever take on a G35 mod.

Not trying to stir anything up here... my post isn't meant to offend you doubters/skeptics.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:28 AM
4,498 more cents and you can have a kit too!

Old 07-22-2007, 05:34 AM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
To help out members, I have created a simple DIY to help remedy the clutch issue.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...09#post2141109

Originally Posted by andy2434

LOL . . . I have been expecting you. What took you so long.
Why have you been expecting him?

It's sad to see a respected moderator like you not help the G35/350Z community save money by posting such a simple DIY, but instead try to promote an item that is overpriced and try to get people to buy it when instead you could have help out the G35/350Z by showing/telling us how this kit works and/or how to make something similar to it.

Originally Posted by RedondoG
I've had mine for over 2 years with no ill effects.
What took you so long to decide to share this with everyone else? You had it for two years and you're only decided to share your secret now by marketing it? Sad...just sad.

There are a lot of mods that i don't mind paying for...yours is not one of them. Why, you wonder? Because your mod is simple one that anyone can easily make. If you marketed coilovers, springs, camber arms, turbos, etc, i would not mind paying for them because those are items that not everyone can make on their own at home. You take a simple idea and market it. An idea so simple that rather than sharing it with your fellow G and Z members, you want to make a profit off of it. This just shows other that you are a selfish person. I don't know you, and you might not be a selfish person off the forum, but what you have been doing thus far only makes people on the forums think you are a selfish person. This is my view of you and I'm sure by now a lot of people on here think the same.

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

We are in a G forum. Where have you been?

$45 is a lot of money. $45 is exactly as you said...3/4 tank of gas. It could be a week's worth of lunch, a video game, 2 dvd's or 3 old dvd's, bill payment, etc... We're not all as rich as you. I'm sure most of us (including yourself) worked our @$$ off so that we could get our G, so spending $45 on something that could've cost $5 is wasting money you could've spent on something else. If $45 is not a big issue for you, how about sending $45 to me for MY 3/4 tank of gas?

Originally Posted by g35brother
Just goes to show the capitalistic nature of people. I always thought the purpose of a forum was to assist and relate to other enthusiats.
I totally agree with you on this one.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Amen yume! amen!...$45 dollars is a good amount. People are just too filthy rich in this forum.

As i posted before, just makes me think that a majority of people here are just a bunch of conceited snobs. Then there's a fraction of us who bust our a$$ just so we can own a G35.

All i have to say, to the filthy rich....take it easy on us "barely getting by" people. We don't have rich parents.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
We are in a G forum. Where have you been?

$45 is a lot of money. $45 is exactly as you said...3/4 tank of gas. It could be a week's worth of lunch, a video game, 2 dvd's or 3 old dvd's, bill payment, etc... We're not all as rich as you. I'm sure most of us (including yourself) worked our @$$ off so that we could get our G, so spending $45 on something that could've cost $5 is wasting money you could've spent on something else.
$45 dollars makes me rich? Awesome

I guess I should just stop going to college for a career, since $45 really means I made it

If $45 is not a big issue for you, how about sending $45 to me for MY 3/4 tank of gas?
And why exactly would I do that? Are you just trying to be histerical, or do you actually have a relevant idea behind this statement? Sure, if you offer me a product I believe is worth $45 dollars, I will gladly send you $45 dollars.

I know I know, nobody want's to waste $45 dollars on nothing, but this product, whether you believe or not that its worth $45 dollars, is not a waste of money. If you like, you may spend the time & effort to create such product...something most of us don't have.

Whether you like the product or not, It will not affect me in anyway. I hope Terry (RedondoG) the best, but tt's not going to affect me, and everyone has different priorities/opnions about each individual product.

But all this whining is just so excessive

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 07-22-2007 at 12:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: D-Wolf Clutch Kit