Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Jim Wolf Clutch/Flywheel!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Jim Wolf Clutch/Flywheel!

GOT IT IN TODAY FINALLY!! Completely different drive! I wanted to post my experience with this setup from day one so i figured i'd start a thread up for anyone looking for info or anyone that has any info on this setup. I also had the agency power clutch line installed with redline fluid:

Ive driven with it on only 10 miles so far. My clutch pedal throw is shorter and the engagement is right at the bottom. I almost stalled out a couple times in first but i am getting used to holding the pedal down a bit more. I am getting some slight jerks mostly at the beginning of 1st but it seems to be wearing off. The chatter was not as bad as i expected either! Its about as loud as my stock one just more noticeable of a chatter lol Other than that and a couple strange clutch pedal noises everything is all good and i no longer have to be a 5000 rpm for my clutch to engage! haha

Old 08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the write-up. Would you say it feels more aggressive than stock or you can't tell yet since you still have to break it in?

Old 08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm about to get this clutch too. Thanks for the info chobble. I have heard nothing but good things about this clutch so far.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
Thanks for the write-up. Would you say it feels more aggressive than stock or you can't tell yet since you still have to break it in?
it def feels more aggressive than the stock but not too aggressive if ya know what i mean. you can feel that the clamping force is a lot stronger and engagement is much quicker. i wont be doing any hard shifts for another 400 miles or so but it rips up and down through the power band a lot faster and my G seems to giddy up a lil quicker lol

Old 08-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I'm about to get this clutch too. Thanks for the info chobble. I have heard nothing but good things about this clutch so far.
sure thing! just to let ya know i got the setup for $725 shipped on my350

Old 08-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by chobble19
sure thing! just to let ya know i got the setup for $725 shipped on my350
Did you get it from Kyle?? That's who I am gonna get it from.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Did you get it from Kyle?? That's who I am gonna get it from.

i was but ended up getting it from PaulGT2 because i could save $10 and buy the agnecy power line for $40 lol

Old 08-21-2007, 03:42 PM
But wasn't Kyle including the stainless steel clutch line for free??

EDIT:I see. Kyle's price is $775 total and PaulGT2's price is $765 total including the clutch line.

Last edited by Hexxum001; 08-21-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to hear of another member that's satisfied with this setup. I have this setup at home and still haven't installed it yet after about a year. Does switching to stainless steel lines make that much of a difference?

Old 08-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
Nice to hear of another member that's satisfied with this setup. I have this setup at home and still haven't installed it yet after about a year. Does switching to stainless steel lines make that much of a difference?

u know i personally dont really know since i wasnt able to compare it to the stock line with the jwt setup. i had it installed at infiniti of coconut creek by this guy bill who has had experience building FI G's and such...he said this is a good upgrade compared to the stock that can stretch or flex. it is supposed to get rid of the mushy cutch pedal feel (whatever that means) but i think it is more for heat resistance...

Old 08-21-2007, 04:29 PM
The stainless steel clutch line is almost a must for an FI'd vehicle because of the heat generated. So yes, the heat resistance factor is probably the main reason to get the ss clutch line. Plus it is simply much more durable than the stock one too.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The stainless steel clutch line is almost a must for an FI'd vehicle because of the heat generated. So yes, the heat resistance factor is probably the main reason to get the ss clutch line. Plus it is simply much more durable than the stock one too.
the SS clutch line and high performance fluid is also a must for NA set-ups. I experienced my clutch pedal getting stuck mid-way while doing normal driving through L.A. traffic.

I had Street Image switch to the SS clutch line and performance fluid and have not yet experienced the clutch pedal getting stuck even the bunch of times I've tracked the G with the current set-up.

and to keep it on topic: I too am a JWT clutch and flywheel owner, and love my set-up!

Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I had my clutch stick on my very first run at LACR.

That's the second I decided to get my clutch/flywheel done.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:04 AM
nice avatar wally u had me poking at my screen for a sec! LOL

well i just hit over 100 miles on the setup and i can already feel the difference from when i first drove it away! first gear is starting to smooth out now but i am still getting some awkward pedal noises only when it is not depressed tho...seems like it rattling against sumthing but i am not sure. i am going to the dealer tomorrow to make sure my pedal assembly is all good. i remember a while back the dealer was going to replace my input shaft but thwn decided not to? maybe that has something to do with it. either way it doesnt affect how i drive

Old 08-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Glad you finally got them Alex, sucks that i am leaving tonight or else we could have gone for test drive..Anyways bro, i will try to hit you up while i am there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jim Wolf Clutch/Flywheel!